Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with your future!
    thank u so much michael...

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simplytaggedbyu View Post
    thanks mike_steve, am n mandaue specifically...
    Im in Lapulapu city, When are u gonna take your english test?

from me ... and goodluck with your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there and a warm welcome to Filipino UK forum.

Hope you don't mind that I moved your post to your own new thread. It'll help to keep all your posts in one place.

As a very first step please read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa

Please do understand that you will not be presenting your application to the British Embassy.
    You will need to make your application online, and also make payment for the application fee online.
    Subsequently you will then submit all paperworks and documents to the UKBA application handling agent VFS. I believe there is still a VFS office operating in Cebu.

Please read this and again follow the links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Your fiance must also fully understand what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand. But most of the evidencial documentation must come from your fiancee.

Take this journey step-by-step, don't try to rush things and don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure to get that special visa.

As you already now understand you MUST meet the English language requirement
    You'll notice there are many different tests and and test centres.
    Plenty of our members have undertaken their tests in Cebu with Hopkins and using the TOEIC test. Take a look here as it may be helpful for you.
    You'll need to meet an English Language test level of A1 for speaking and Listenening. This is a basic level and shouldn't present any problems for you.

Yes, you will also need to meet the UKBA new requirement for TB Screening before you can make your application.
    Here's the needed detail - Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines
    Unfortunately there is only one UKBA approved clinic and that's in Manila at the address in that link.

You will not normally be required to make personal visit to the British Embassy.

The really key requirement for applications for Visa's leading to UK settlement is the Financial Requirement for the sponsor (your Fiance) to be able to demonstrate an annual financial income of £18600 minimum.
    hi terpe,

may i ask something? pls? this regards to the exam i took.. it was the speaking exam... i was a bit concern of it coz i wud say i was not able to answer well coz that time my mind was stirring nowhere bcoz i was more like worrying the time... only seconds to answers each questions.. i was reli shaking inside which results to mental blocking... pls help me.... thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by mike_steve View Post
    Im in Lapulapu city, When are u gonna take your english test?
    hi mike,

sorry for the delayed response... i took my speaking exam last may 8.. and tomorrow s my listening and reading.... where n lapu-lapu are u? hope u won't mind me asking.. thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    from me ... and goodluck with your plans.
    thank u so much.... thank u a lot...

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    hi mike,

sorry for the delayed response... i took my speaking exam last may 8.. and tomorrow s my listening and reading.... where n lapu-lapu are u? hope u won't mind me asking.. thanks...
    Tomz is my schedule also. So we might see each other at the test center.

hi terpe,

may i ask something? pls? this regards to the exam i took.. it was the speaking exam... i was a bit concern of it coz i wud say i was not able to answer well coz that time my mind was stirring nowhere bcoz i was more like worrying the time... only seconds to answers each questions.. i was reli shaking inside which results to mental blocking... pls help me.... thanks....
    I can pray for your focus, and success...
    Worst case scenario is to take the tests again if the required grades don't materialise...... not so bad really.....never give up.......always worth fighting for.
    At least you had the experience............best wishes for a good result. I'm sure you did fine

My best wishes to you also
    I'm sure you'll have no problems.

I can pray for your focus, and success...
    Worst case scenario is to take the tests again if the required grades don't materialise...... not so bad really.....never give up.......always worth fighting for.
    At least you had the experience............best wishes for a good result. I'm sure you did fine
    thank u so much terpe... what i can do now s praying a lot.. thank u for the best wishes...... i do hope everything wud b fine.. thanks a lot....

yah.. we did...nice meeting u n person mike... it was indeed a pleasure.. hope to see u again soon... pls let's keep posted for the next steps of the processing.... hope our english exams will give us great results so that the next headache is medical... God bless us mike.... let's keep praying....

yah.. we did...nice meeting u n person mike... it was indeed a pleasure.. hope to see u again soon... pls let's keep posted for the next steps of the processing.... hope our english exams will give us great results so that the next headache is medical... God bless us mike.... let's keep praying....

hi mike,

sorry i was not able to respond ur text about the result... as i have heard from the center, they will email us and they will deliver the results to our doors... so let's cross our fingers that we all have passed the exam... and hopefully we all b successful to every hindrance ahead of us... thanks mike... i pray for ur success also so u can fly to the exact date u r expecting to b with ur one and only love... God bless to us....

hi terpe,

thanks a lot for the info.... this really helps a lot... will keep u posted soon... thanks a lot and am reli glad to be part of this community... will relay this message to my fiance.... so we can work this thing together.... God bless u always.... thank u so much....

hi terpe,

thanks a lot for the infos u have shared... ur help is reli highly-appreciated.. thank u so much... but once again, i have confusions n my mind... about the passing grade of toeic speaking exam... and the listening exam.. i wanna know the passing grades required by ukba... i got the results of both exams for my A1.. but was confused.. coz the center where i took my exam told me that speaking exam will level up the result... so i supposed to say 50 s the passing grade but the center said it might go higher.. but my score s much higher than that average.... i thought the minimum requirement s just 50... do u know about that rumor? the center said there's such no date yet to implement the said issue... but im afraid i might b affected.. what if the minimum is higher than my grade now? pls help me...i explored the internet and surfed about the minimum grade requirements for A1 especially the speaking exam... still 50 s the passing grade... pls help me clear my mind... with regards to my listening exam.. thanks God, i passed... 450 s the minimum grade? correct me f i am wrong... and thanks God my grade s above-average...pls help me about my concern which regards to my speaking exam result...thanks a lot..... hope to hear from u soon...

hi terpe,

thanks a lot for the infos u have shared... ur help is reli highly-appreciated.. thank u so much... but once again, i have confusions n my mind... about the passing grade of toeic speaking exam... and the listening exam.. i wanna know the passing grades required by ukba... i got the results of both exams for my A1.. but was confused.. coz the center where i took my exam told me that speaking exam will level up the result... so i supposed to say 50 s the passing grade but the center said it might go higher.. but my score s much higher than that average.... i thought the minimum requirement s just 50... do u know about that rumor? the center said there's such no date yet to implement the said issue... but im afraid i might b affected.. what if the minimum is higher than my grade now? pls help me...i explored the internet and surfed about the minimum grade requirements for A1 especially the speaking exam... still 50 s the passing grade... pls help me clear my mind... with regards to my listening exam.. thanks God, i passed... 450 s the minimum grade? correct me f i am wrong... and thanks God my grade s above-average...pls help me about my concern which regards to my speaking exam result...thanks a lot..... hope to hear from u soon...
    I think still Speaking 50/ Listening 60 are the passing score.....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    hope no changes yet... f thr r then... hope it won't go higher... my speaking exam result s 100 plus.. shud i still worry? anyways... thanks a lot for the answers... may i know pls where n uk are u? hope u won't mind me asking.. thanks... God bless...

i was reli worried coz the one i talked to over the phone told me that the changes of speaking exam might level up to 120... i haven't reached that.... but i do hope f they implement a new score... i hope i can at least pass.... thanks a lot sweetlove...

i was reli worried coz the one i talked to over the phone told me that the changes of speaking exam might level up to 120... i haven't reached that.... but i do hope f they implement a new score... i hope i can at least pass.... thanks a lot sweetlove...
    hi sis.... you don't need to worry, I think were still fine I get 100plus in speaking too....hopefully they will not change scores until we pass our application....my fiancée from London and u?

hi sis.... you don't need to worry, I think were still fine I get 100plus in speaking too....hopefully they will not change scores until we pass our application....my fiancée from London and u?
    hi sis.. nice to hear from u... yah.. thanks for the encouragement... i will just pray... my bf is from london also... since when did u arrive there? hope u won't mind me asking... thanks a lot sis...

Pass Mark for Speaking Module = 50 out of 200
    Pass Mark for Listening Module = 60 out of 495

I haven't heard of any changes to that so far.

thanks a lot for the response sir. i did pass both of the exams... thank you so much.... but a little confusion... pls click the link below... that highlighted link reveals changes which will take into effect this October 28... pls help me clarify the content of the statement from UKBA...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...trequirements1

i'm confused about it sir. does fiancee visa include within that new changes? if included...what made me worry about this... first n A1 for speaking, i only need a grade of 50 and my grade s higher than that... but if the effectivity is october 28 and B1 will replace A1... then the chances of me to pass is going nowhere... my question goes like this sir terpe, do you think the ukba will not accept my result (i took the exams this month and also had the results ) if ever in november i will submit my exam results (including medical exam)along with the other essential documents? do i need to re-take just to obtain the standard grades? i took the exam before the updates... it would be very unfair to us who took the exam earlier than the said date to implement... please help me sir terpe what to do... please.. i need your enlightenment...

thanks a lot.. hope to hear from you.. God bless...
    " the best place for a RELATIONSHIP is in the hands of GOD..."

sir,

passing score for speaking exam f under B1 is 120... it really made me worried.. hope to hear from you sir.. thanks a lot.. God bless u and ur family always....

Hello there welcome here juvim also from cebu mandaue paknaan to be exact.goodluck

sir,

passing score for speaking exam f under B1 is 120... it really made me worried.. hope to hear from you sir.. thanks a lot.. God bless u and ur family always....
    Here are the TOEIC scores correlated to the CEFRL levels A1 to C1:-

A1 - Listening - 60 ( required for Spouses & Partners)
    A1 - Speaking - 50 ( required for Spouses & Partners)

A2 - Listening - 110
    A2 - Reading - 115
    A2 - Speaking - 90
    A2 - Writing - 70

B1 - Listening - 275
    B1 - Reading - 275
    B1 - Speaking - 120
    B1 - Writing - 120

B2 - Listening - 400
    B2 - Reading - 385
    B2 - Speaking - 160
    B2 - Writing - 150

C1 - Listening - 490
    C1 - Reading - 455
    C1 - Speaking - 180
    C1 - Writing – 180

Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    Hello there welcome here juvim also from cebu mandaue paknaan to be exact.goodluck
    hi there,

your place is very close to mine. i am in labogon. nice to hear from u. did u already process the papers for visa? hope u won't mind me asking... will u pls spare some details? pls?

thanks a lot... hope to hear from u...

Here are the TOEIC scores correlated to the CEFRL levels A1 to C1:-

A1 - Listening - 60 ( required for Spouses & Partners)
    A1 - Speaking - 50 ( required for Spouses & Partners)

A2 - Listening - 110
    A2 - Reading - 115
    A2 - Speaking - 90
    A2 - Writing - 70

B1 - Listening - 275
    B1 - Reading - 275
    B1 - Speaking - 120
    B1 - Writing - 120

B2 - Listening - 400
    B2 - Reading - 385
    B2 - Speaking - 160
    B2 - Writing - 150

C1 - Listening - 490
    C1 - Reading - 455
    C1 - Speaking - 180
    C1 - Writing – 180

thanks a lot sir. now my mind is clear enough about grades. enough for me to do the next move... thanks a lot sir terpe....

Good luck with your applications & your exams - I'm sure you will be fine.

When you do get to the UK you are very lucky - Hereford is in a lovely part of England - I've spent several great holidays there - maybe you'll be swapping the San Mig for Scrumpy Jack before too long.....

Hi, yes you can ask questions on here and everyon will help,, im done with the visa process, im already here in the uk few weeks ago.goodluck and just dont be shy to ask..

Quote Originally Posted by highlander01 View Post
    Good luck with your applications & your exams - I'm sure you will be fine.

When you do get to the UK you are very lucky - Hereford is in a lovely part of England - I've spent several great holidays there - maybe you'll be swapping the San Mig for Scrumpy Jack before too long.....
    hi...thanks for the heartwarming message.... and i do always hoping everything within the process will go smoothly coz as of now... i find the steps very complicated but i am not expecting much easier... i anticipated already that this journey has to undergo tunnel of pressures and sacrifices... hhehe... that's why i am so happy and delighted that this site helps me a lot with all my confusions... this would easily clear my mind...

and about hereford? i heard a lot already about the place... but one time i asked my bf... he couldn't figure out the beauty of it by himself... hehheh... thanks for the compliments though i haven't been there yet.. just behalf of my bf... thanks a lot once again... nice hearing from you...

God bless....

Hi, yes you can ask questions on here and everyon will help,, im done with the visa process, im already here in the uk few weeks ago.goodluck and just dont be shy to ask..
    hi... i'm happy to hear that you successfully in uk already... i was about to ask you out so we can meet in person.. how nice, isn't it? how long does the visa granted? how happy i am to know that in spite of all the kuti during the process, how wonderful to realize you are now together with your man... i would love to be in the picture too in the future...

but beforehand, can we speak visayan here? heheh.. are we allowed? but anyways sis, did u go through agency or direct? since you just there na few weeks ago, how was the processing? how long enough you complied and prepared the requirements? and how long you have waited for the visa? sorry if i made lots of questions... hope you won't mind... and where in uk are you by the way? hope to hear from you... God bless you with your new chapter of life... thanks a lot again....

hi... i'm happy to hear that you successfully in uk already... i was about to ask you out so we can meet in person.. how nice, isn't it? how long does the visa granted? how happy i am to know that in spite of all the kuti during the process, how wonderful to realize you are now together with your man... i would love to be in the picture too in the future...

but beforehand, can we speak visayan here? heheh.. are we allowed? but anyways sis, did u go through agency or direct? since you just there na few weeks ago, how was the processing? how long enough you complied and prepared the requirements? and how long you have waited for the visa? sorry if i made lots of questions... hope you won't mind... and where in uk are you by the way? hope to hear from you... God bless you with your new chapter of life... thanks a lot again....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information