Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Here

New Here

hi terpe,

i am new here and i was very delighted when i frst saw the posts from various members and was very enlightened with their success in relationships... may i seek for an advice? pls?

to make the story short, i met an english guy from uk and he's a british citizen... we met thru a dating site online last yr and almost a yr we met personally... now... me and my bf or let me say fiance is on our way to submit form to british embassy but the problem s... they wud not grant the form to him unless f i already have the results of english test and medical exam... my concerns now r: whr to take the english test (since am from cebu city) ? and are they basic enough? i heard about A1? may i ask pls about that? and also... do u have any ideas where to get the medical exam? pls? and one thing.. do i need to visit the consulate office? coz f it's necessary i am might going to manila since the consulate office here in cebu has already closed... pls.. pls spare me some points of view about all those things i mentioned above... thanks n advance and hope to hear from u soon...

Hi there and a warm welcome to Filipino UK forum.

Hope you don't mind that I moved your post to your own new thread. It'll help to keep all your posts in one place.

As a very first step please read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa

Please do understand that you will not be presenting your application to the British Embassy.
    You will need to make your application online, and also make payment for the application fee online.
    Subsequently you will then submit all paperworks and documents to the UKBA application handling agent VFS. I believe there is still a VFS office operating in Cebu.

Please read this and again follow the links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Your fiance must also fully understand what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand. But most of the evidencial documentation must come from your fiancee.

Take this journey step-by-step, don't try to rush things and don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure to get that special visa.

As you already now understand you MUST meet the English language requirement
    You'll notice there are many different tests and and test centres.
    Plenty of our members have undertaken their tests in Cebu with Hopkins and using the TOEIC test. Take a look here as it may be helpful for you.
    You'll need to meet an English Language test level of A1 for speaking and Listenening. This is a basic level and shouldn't present any problems for you.

Yes, you will also need to meet the UKBA new requirement for TB Screening before you can make your application.
    Here's the needed detail - Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines
    Unfortunately there is only one UKBA approved clinic and that's in Manila at the address in that link.

You will not normally be required to make personal visit to the British Embassy.

The really key requirement for applications for Visa's leading to UK settlement is the Financial Requirement for the sponsor (your Fiance) to be able to demonstrate an annual financial income of £18600 minimum.

hi terpe,

thanks a lot for the info.... this really helps a lot... will keep u posted soon... thanks a lot and am reli glad to be part of this community... will relay this message to my fiance.... so we can work this thing together.... God bless u always.... thank u so much....

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with your future!

welcome to the forum

welcome
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

hi there and welcome, where does your bf live and is he a member on here too

Trusted Member
    Welcome from me too.

thank u so much michael...

thank u so much.... ( imagine )

thanks a lot aprilovez...

hi steve and thank u so much.. it really feels great to b part of in this community... my bf lives in hereford.. and he isn't a member yet... will let him have info about this...

thanks a lot graham....

Banned
    Hi simplytaggedbyu

Welcome to the forum...I hope it works out successfully for the both of you.

thanks gwapito....thanks a lot... God bless u...

hi terpe,

by the way, i'm Juv.. i have questions again... for clarification... i texted the center for english test here in cebu.. (followed the highlighted words) but i was a little confused... i am not sure what test to take... i was told that i only need to have the listening and speaking exam... but the center i texted n responded, reading and listening are of the same schedule and speaking test s of another sched... so confusing... what are really required for visa application? does the reading test include? pls help me... coz i was informed only listening and speaking... thank u in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by simplytaggedbyu View Post
    hi terpe,

by the way, i'm Juv.. i have questions again... for clarification... i texted the center for english test here in cebu.. (followed the highlighted words) but i was a little confused... i am not sure what test to take... i was told that i only need to have the listening and speaking exam... but the center i texted n responded, reading and listening are of the same schedule and speaking test s of another sched... so confusing... what are really required for visa application? does the reading test include? pls help me... coz i was informed only listening and speaking... thank u in advance...
    Hi Juv,
    Yes, it's pretty normal that the test centres offer an English Test of 4 elements (Speaking, Listening, Reading &Writing)
    You'll normally be required to take all 4 elements of the test, however the UKBA requirement is for a passing grade in Listening and Speaking only. Means if you don't make a pass level for Reading and/or writing you'll still be good for the Visa Application.
    Hope that will clarify

hi terpe,

thank u so much... now it's very clear to me... ur response does clear my mind... thanks n a million...

Welcome to the forum, Juv!! Good luck with your English exam!

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, Where in cebu you are living?

thank u so much (dontpushme) ... yah, hopefully God will bless me for my upcoming exam... thanks a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_steve View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Where in cebu you are living?
    thanks mike_steve, am n mandaue specifically...

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Juv!! Good luck with your English exam!

thank u so much (dontpushme) ... yah, hopefully God will bless me for my upcoming exam... thanks a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi Juv,
    Yes, it's pretty normal that the test centres offer an English Test of 4 elements (Speaking, Listening, Reading &Writing)
    You'll normally be required to take all 4 elements of the test, however the UKBA requirement is for a passing grade in Listening and Speaking only. Means if you don't make a pass level for Reading and/or writing you'll still be good for the Visa Application.
    Hope that will clarify

hi terpe,

thank u so much... now it's very clear to me... ur response does clear my mind... thanks n a million...

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Hi simplytaggedbyu

Welcome to the forum...I hope it works out successfully for the both of you.

thanks gwapito....thanks a lot... God bless u...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Welcome from me too.
    thanks a lot graham....

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    hi there and welcome, where does your bf live and is he a member on here too
    hi steve and thank u so much.. it really feels great to b part of in this community... my bf lives in hereford.. and he isn't a member yet... will let him have info about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there and a warm welcome to Filipino UK forum.

Hope you don't mind that I moved your post to your own new thread. It'll help to keep all your posts in one place.

As a very first step please read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa

Please do understand that you will not be presenting your application to the British Embassy.
    You will need to make your application online, and also make payment for the application fee online.
    Subsequently you will then submit all paperworks and documents to the UKBA application handling agent VFS. I believe there is still a VFS office operating in Cebu.

Please read this and again follow the links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

Your fiance must also fully understand what is needed. This has to be a real team effort for you both.
    There's a lot of things to understand. But most of the evidencial documentation must come from your fiancee.

Take this journey step-by-step, don't try to rush things and don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure to get that special visa.

As you already now understand you MUST meet the English language requirement
    You'll notice there are many different tests and and test centres.
    Plenty of our members have undertaken their tests in Cebu with Hopkins and using the TOEIC test. Take a look here as it may be helpful for you.
    You'll need to meet an English Language test level of A1 for speaking and Listenening. This is a basic level and shouldn't present any problems for you.

Yes, you will also need to meet the UKBA new requirement for TB Screening before you can make your application.
    Here's the needed detail - Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines
    Unfortunately there is only one UKBA approved clinic and that's in Manila at the address in that link.

You will not normally be required to make personal visit to the British Embassy.

The really key requirement for applications for Visa's leading to UK settlement is the Financial Requirement for the sponsor (your Fiance) to be able to demonstrate an annual financial income of £18600 minimum.

hi terpe,

thanks a lot for the info.... this really helps a lot... will keep u posted soon... thanks a lot and am reli glad to be part of this community... will relay this message to my fiance.... so we can work this thing together.... God bless u always.... thank u so much....

Quote Originally Posted by aprilovez View Post
    welcome

thanks a lot aprilovez...

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    welcome to the forum
    thank u so much.... ( imagine )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information