Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This thread seems to have gone way off course. Analogies are great when they are exactly that but in this case the only comparison that Michael De whatshisname or Christopher Jefferies have with the two stupid girls is they were all arrested.
    If memory serves me correctly Christopher Jefferies was arrested on suspicion of murder, but the press stated that he had been charged with murder, hence the successful libel claim. Now if he had been caught with a murder weapon in his possession (i.e. red, no in this case, white handed), the comparison to the two stupid girls may be relevant, but as it is, it's about as relevant as the Kevin Webster case or me having to go on a speed awareness course last month.

usually when a thread goes off course its because the people get a little excited and wants to tell their other exploits or someone always wants to have the last word and always wants to get that point across, me , well i just get bored and have to move on

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    usually when a thread goes off course its because the people get a little excited and wants to tell their other exploits or someone always wants to have the last word and always wants to get that point across, me , well i just get bored and have to move on

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    I'm usually too shy. If there's 3 dots in the 'comment', it's from me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'm usually too shy. If there's 3 dots in the 'comment', it's from me.
    I was actually enjoying this. ..on or off topic. ...makes a change to hear others thoughts and opinions. .Simon John LM. .value for money u guys :-)

thanks jake and rayna for the reps

Just think it was a case of a couple of naive girls who knew exactly what they were doing. After getting caught, out came the butter wouldn't melt persona coupled with a cock & bull story thinking the authorities would fall for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Just think it was a case of a couple of naive girls who knew exactly what they were doing. After getting caught, out came the butter wouldn't melt persona coupled with a cock & bull story thinking the authorities would fall for it.
    The girls should of got a job on tills at Tesco instead of taking a drug and sex crazed jolly in Spain.
    What sort of parents let their kids do that? They have to accept responsibility as well. You'd of thought they would of at least checked out their accommodation. ..I got kids similar ages, I would like to think I wld done something to put them off going. ..This wasn't a holiday but a working summer season in the bars. ..what did the parents expect. ..mischief was definitely on the agenda

Btw. ..just tried to give you rep Jamie. .I need to share it around. ..you defo on my rep list

Trusted Member
    I agree Mark....the worst nightmare for most responsible parents.

We all know what goes on in such places.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    The girls should of got a job on tills at Tesco instead of taking a drug and sex crazed jolly in Spain.
    What sort of parents let their kids do that? They have to accept responsibility as well. You'd of thought they would of at least checked out their accommodation. ..I got kids similar ages, I would like to think I wld done something to put them off going. ..This wasn't a holiday but a working summer season in the bars. ..what did the parents expect. ..mischief was definitely on the agenda

Btw. ..just tried to give you rep Jamie. .I need to share it around. ..you defo on my rep list
    Not much the parents can do to be fair seeing these girls are both grown adults in the eyes of the law. You could be the best parent in the world but it won't automatically make your kid into an angel.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Not much the parents can do to be fair seeing these girls are both grown adults in the eyes of the law. You could be the best parent in the world but it won't automatically make your kid into an angel.
    That's true Jamie!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

Michael De whatshisname ...
    ... Michael Le Vell, Simon.

Banned
    You gotta point their Jamie

Like Michael before, I agree.

Trusted Member
    True, but it doesn't stop you from giving them some guidance...whatever their age.

I also think that if you bring them up to understand how to behave with some self-respect, they're less likely to make 'unwise' choices later in life.

True, but it doesn't stop you from giving them some guidance...whatever their age.

I also think that if you bring them up to understand how to behave with some self-respect, they're less likely to make 'unwise' choices later in life.
    Agreed, although they don't always listen.

Banned

I'm trying not to be contrary here. ..Graham has a point. ..I thought I was A good Dad first time around in the 80s. ..wrong! ...good provider. .poor Dad. ..I wasn't there!...had my situation hadn't been forcibly changed now, history wld of repeated itself. ..nothing beats being an hands on Dad.

Trusted Member
    Agreed, although they don't always listen.
    I think you'd be surprised Jamie.

You THINK they're maybe not listening, but actually they are...if what you're saying makes sense to them....even though they may turn their noses up at the time.

I'm trying not to be contrary here. ..Graham has a point. ..I thought I was A good Dad first time around in the 80s. ..wrong! ...good provider. .poor Dad. .. I wasn't there!
    Know exactly what you're saying here, Mark ... and can readily relate to it, I'm afraid! Wish I'd spent more time with my two ... instead of the long hours I put in at work (without any thanks for it, I might add!)

But, hey ho ... ... it's very easy to be wise after the event.

Fortunately, both of them turned out responsible adults.

Peru drug charge women 'are drop in the ocean'

As two young UK women prepare to appear before a Peruvian judge on drug-smuggling charges, the country's former anti-drugs chief tells the BBC their arrests are just a "drop in the ocean".

Amid reports that one or both of the women - Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid - are set to admit trying to smuggle the drugs found in their luggage, the BBC has been told that for every person successfully stopped carrying narcotics at Lima's international airport, many more get through undetected.

read more here .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24217585
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Peru drugs: Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid admit charge

Two women from the UK have pleaded guilty to attempting to smuggle 11kg (24lbs) of cocaine out of Peru.

Michaella McCollum, of Dungannon, Co Tyrone, and Melissa Reid, of Lenzie, near Glasgow, appeared before a judge at a closed hearing in Lima.

The women - both aged 20 - were caught with the drugs - said to be worth Ł1.5m - at Lima airport, and had said they were forced into carrying the drugs.

It is understood the pleas were made in exchange for a shorter sentence.

A spokesman for the Peruvian court confirmed they had admitted the offences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24228723
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Here we go - after all the hullabaloo and lies the 2 slappers plead guilty as charged

Respected Member
    The amazing part about this case is the fact that some people actually believed their bola bola story

Gullible and lacking any common sense diba

I think if as the report suggests they end up doing 6yrs and 8 months mostly in a British Jail they can consider themselves very fortunate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I think if as the report suggests they end up doing 6yrs and 8 months mostly in a British Jail they can consider themselves very fortunate.
    The word has it, they could be out in 4yrs

Had these 2 pretties been a couple of ugly blokes, they would of had the book thrown at them.

Looks like when these slappers come out they'll be made for life.

Their lifetime criminal records won't affect their earning capabilities.

Their lifetime criminal records won't affect their earning capabilities.
    Probably NOT ... ... it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they join those two grinning Geordies, Ant & Dec on their inane Aussie Jungle show, 'Im A Celebrity, Get Me out of Here!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Probably NOT ... ... it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they join those two *grinning Geordies, Ant & Dec on their inane Aussie Jungle show, 'Im A Celebrity, Get Me out of Here!'.
    ......................... *! Omg ... I'm beginning to think like Dedworth!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ......................... *! Omg ... I'm beginning to think like Dedworth!
    Good news! The court is having none of it. .They want them to carry the can and take full responsibility for their actions.

Banned
    Prosecutors have rejected the guilty pleas of two women caught trying to smuggle 11kg of cocaine out of Peru in their luggage.

Michaella McCollum, 20, from County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, and Melissa Reid, 20, from Glasgow, pleaded guilty on Tuesday behind closed doors when they appeared before a judge in Callao, near the capital Lima.

Prosecutors have asked for more information before accepting their admissions of guilt, which the women hope will reduce their sentences from a minimum eight years down to six years and eight months without the chance of parole.

What a victory!!
    Any news on how many of the syndicate that supplied them have been arrested?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information