Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I say bring back Apo and Lastlid Always good for a giggle
    I remember your spats with Aposhark. Quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ......... reminds me ... ... wonder if lAshtlid continues to "beaver away" - desperately trying to get the last word in - over on the OTHER forum? Does ANYONE know?
    Not sure but they once thought Dedworth and Keith were the same person.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Not sure but they once thought Dedworth and Keith were the same person.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Ive seen loads of people taking drugs throughout the uk all during my life..
    Do you really think by throwing a few young drug mules away in Peru it will (the problem) all eventually come to an end?
    Its almost guaranteed that the flight that the girls were supposed to be on would have had 4 perhaps more mules aboard!!
    The Cartels quite often dobb in one out of five mules to give a chance for the other 4 to get through..
    These cartels and drug organisations can read immigration and the press like a book.
    Cant you see that?
    I can see that You still got to bang these (going by today's pictures) harlots up It wont stop it but, it will certainly make parents think twice about letting their darling Sons and Daughters swan off to a week of drug fuelled sex................I'll go instead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    You could always nip over to the 'other' forum...only about 6 people posting on there, including Apo', 90% of it lastlid though (JohnAsh), who made it quite clear I was not welcome.
    Im no filipino forum slag, thank you very much

......... reminds me ... ... wonder if lAshtlid continues to "beaver away" - desperately trying to get the last word in - over on the OTHER forum? Does ANYONE know?
    No change there Arthur.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    No change there Arthur.
    At least his wife's getting a break

Do you really think by throwing a few young drug mules away in Peru it will (the problem) all eventually come to an end?
    Its almost guaranteed that the flight that the girls were supposed to be on would have had 4 perhaps more mules aboard!!
    The Cartels quite often dobb in one out of five mules to give a chance for the other 4 to get through..
    These cartels and drug organisations can read immigration and the press like a book.
    Cant you see that?
    i doubt there were any more mules on that flight unless they swallowed the stuff, the girls were caught by a sniffer dog.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Cant you see that?
    The bottom line is these 2 agreed to bring the drugs back for money
    There were no 14 gangsters with guns pointing at their heads
    One of them was a regular drug taker in Ibiza
    No sign of any of these gangsters when they were swanning around Lima
    Cctv and telephone records will prove their downfall..........
    The tide is already turning against them in the press

They were not forced to do anything

I say bring back Apo and Lastlid
    ... NOT one of your better s, my friend.

Always good for a giggle
    Perhaps ... except neither of those two knew when to bite their tongues!!

I remember your spats with Aposhark. Quite amusing.
    Amusing it may've been ... but, as I've just said, Apo - like Lastlid - always seemed totally and *utterly (*pun intended) incapable of keeping his gob shut!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    not many of us would even think of, never mind trying to smuggling drugs thou, that's one major mistake
    I have never in my life ever known anyone who takes drugs, never seen any drugs and never been approached by anyone selling drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I have never in my life ever known anyone who takes drugs, never seen any drugs and never been approached by anyone selling drugs!
    We can soon change that, what do you want

my point without access to drugs you don't have drug addicts, your lucky Michael,

my brothers friends from school, 3 others that were in the same class as him in his final year at school became drug addicts too, and I believe they are all dead now, that's at least 4 out of a class of 30 ,
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

They may have to wait 3 years for a trial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8775734.html

They may have to wait 3 years for a trial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8775734.html
    Oh, Jeez! ... here's me (who worked in a penal setting for all of 14 years) thinking "the wheels of British Justice" were grinding to a halt!

Banned
    ... NOT one of your better s, my friend.

Perhaps ... except neither of those two knew when to bite their tongues!!
    I'm just typing rubbish Arthur If they hadn't of been binned when they were, others may have fallen by the wayside rising to their baiting.

Banned
    Oh, Jeez! ... here's me (who worked in a penal setting for all of 14 years) thinking "the wheels of British Justice" were grinding to a halt!
    It makes my wait for justice slightly insignificant. The only difference being, they where knowingly hauling 11 kilos of death and misery.

Respected Member
    One of them who was caught walking around Lima on cctv when she had already told the police that on that day they were being guarded by the gangsters now informs everyone thats not her on cctv

Banned
    I can say the same for myself and my peers. Not so for a few of my nieces and nephews and for that matter, my eldest son.
    Our high when we were kids was getting ratfaced on cider. Quite tame, I know but, through that, one of my cousin's became an alcoholic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    One of them caught walking around Lima on cctv when she told everyone they were being guarded by the gangsters now informs everyone thats not her on cctv
    Clutching at straws. Something we'd all be doing right now..thankfully most of us wouldn't of got ourselves into that situation in the first place

Respected Member
    I do have some sympathy for their plight now
    Conditions will be grim and they are looking at a very long time in the MONKEY HOUSE
    High profile cases normally brings many years in the Jail

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I do have some sympathy for their plight now
    Conditions will be grim and they are looking at a very long time in the MONKEY HOUSE
    High profile cases normally brings many years in the Jail
    ''monkey house'' haha haven't heard that sayin for a while...Yes, they're getting their 15 minutes of fame now...at a cost

Earlier Connolly’s lawyer, Peter Madden, said he believed the women had been used as “decoys”.

He said they realised “as soon as they arrived at the airport” that the police were aware they were carrying something in their cases.

Mr Madden said: “When they arrived at the airport – they have told the police this – they knew that the police knew what was going on. So they were immediately arrested.

“They were duped. They were held at gunpoint and forced to do this possibly to let a bigger shipment through the airport.

"There is speculation they were used as decoys.”

He confirmed the girls knew they would be carrying drugs in their bags but had been told “with 100% certainty” they would not be caught.

He said he feared both would be jailed “whether guilty or innocent”.

Mr Madden said the pair were not entitled to bail and suggested they could remain in custody for a “long time”.

He said it meant if they were eventually acquitted they could have already served a lengthy sentence.

Despite the grim outlook, he said they were coping “fairly well” in “tough conditions” and were being treated properly.

He stressed they denied reports they already knew each other before the ordeal and that they were seen out shopping and enjoying themselves in Lima before the arrest.

He said: “They’re very concerned about their situation and are emphasising that they were under threat.

“While they weren’t actually under the physical control of the men involved, they were under the control through telephone exchange and also threats that people were watching them and would be watching them.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...#ixzz2ca7pwNOE
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

maybe they stood out, 2 young white girls. i don't think they were arrested immediately, they were queuing and were caught by a sniffer dog.

as for being duped and forced and decoys, surely its better to use a mule that's freely doing it for money rather than try and force someone to do it, they might go to the police and in this case bring a lot of publicity to the airport, drug smugglers, police and the Peruvian gov. I'm sure that's the last thing the drug cartels want

he also says they knew they were carrying drugs, i read in the press previously they claimed they didn't know if it was money,guns or drugs

also they were threatened by txt and not under physical threat of the gang.

He confirmed the girls knew they would be carrying drugs in their bags but had been told “with 100% certainty” they would not be caught.

as for being duped and forced and decoys, surely its better to use a mule that's freely doing it for money rather than try and force someone to do it, they might go to the police and in this case bring a lot of publicity to the airport, drug smugglers, police and the Peruvian gov. I'm sure that's the last thing the drug cartels want
    Its exactly what the airport wants!!
    It has to show and clearly display every now and again that they are pro active against drug dealers blah blah..
    That way there are no investigations held about how many they knowingly let through..
    The cartels and corrupt airport staff will enact these sacrifices when they feel it necessary and have a good laugh at the British newspapers the next morning!!

Like I have said before you can only advise your kids. They have to go out in the big world one day. They will make their own minds up about things. Unfortunately for these 2 girls they have got to face the consequences. Yes I feel sorry for the parents but what can you do?. You cant lock your kids up for 24/7.

Its exactly what the airport wants!!
    It has to show and clearly display every now and again that they are pro active against drug dealers blah blah..
    That way there are no investigations held about how many they knowingly let through..
    The cartels and corrupt airport staff will enact these sacrifices when they feel it necessary and have a good laugh at the British newspapers the next morning!!
    i've read somewhere that 250 drug smugglers were arrested at that airport last year, so maybe the sniffer dogs are there all the time

Peru drugs: UK pair charged with drug offences

Two women from the UK arrested in Peru on suspicion of drug smuggling have been charged and face a maximum sentence of 15 years if convicted.

Michaella McCollum, of Dungannon in Northern Ireland, and Melissa Reid, of Lenzie near Glasgow, are accused of trying to smuggle cocaine with a street value of £1.5m out of the country.

Ms McCollum's lawyer Peter Madden said both women would plead not guilty.

It is likely the pair will be transferred to prison to await trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23776210

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    They looked terrified on lunchtime news today

Banned
    Well done Peru

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Peru drugs: UK pair charged with drug offences

Two women from the UK arrested in Peru on suspicion of drug smuggling have been charged and face a maximum sentence of 15 years if convicted.

Michaella McCollum, of Dungannon in Northern Ireland, and Melissa Reid, of Lenzie near Glasgow, are accused of trying to smuggle cocaine with a street value of £1.5m out of the country.

Ms McCollum's lawyer Peter Madden said both women would plead not guilty.

It is likely the pair will be transferred to prison to await trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23776210

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information