Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Respected Member
    I am surprised anyone even believes their story for a second = gullible or what

Yes innocent until proven guilty but i am not going along with their story

Threats to the family like what ???

They were caught red handed and all these bola bola stories are just mitigating circumstances that might help them to get a lesser sentence

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Our views here are not going to hang anybody, but we are just as entitled to express them as you are to try to close everyone else down by either wading in with your big (ex) policeman's truncheon,

Sorry guys, it seems although Graham thinks, correctly, that everyone should have a view, that does not apply to me because I am a former police officer and I am saying that everyone has a right to have their explanation of events considered when they are accused of a crime. And that they have the right to considered innocent until proven otherwise.

It's a DISCUSSION, open to all.
    Seems it is not.
    I agree with you completely!

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Hang on guys.

The people who supply the drugs of course need to be dealt with, but without the users they would not exist. Bit like blaming the householder because his house gets burgled, or the girl who got raped, as being to blame.

I really am amazed at the number of ‘crystal ball readers’ here who have already decided the women (not girls) are guilty. They may be or they may not be.

Following the line of those who believe they are guilty, maybe they would argue that in UK we do without a trial, if a person is arrested then they are guilty, just sentence them.

But then I suspect that many of the same guys, are also of the opinion the police lie (as they did of course when they got nicked for speeding !! ) so you can’t trust them.

No, lets stick with innocent until proven guilty.
    I agree with this too!
    Opinions on here are based on what the press choose to report and NOT the facts that a court will see. We all know the press are very selective about what gets reported.

well we should find out soon, what, if anything, they will be charged with
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    @lordna...

Who said he couldn't express his view ?

Read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

they were caught trying to smuggle £1.5m worth of cocaine, they are not denying that.
    They were caught with the Drugs Yes, but it MAY be that someone else was trying to smuggle them using the girls as the means of transport.

IMHO though, going by the press reports, it seems unlikely that these girls were as innocent as they make out...but then i don't believe we are in full possesion of all the facts which i am sure the court s will be. Let them be the judge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    @lordna...

Who said he couldn't express his view ?

Read my post.
    Yes i did read your post and i thought that a couple of things in it were a bit personal and attempting to discredit the opinions expressed which IMHO were perfectly valid.
    The reason i mention it here is that on a number of occasions this has happened to me. It seems there is a "hard core" of opinion on this forum, and if you choose to air a different view not in accordance with them, posts are then made to try and ridicule the person.

Taking quotes your recent post:-
    "Why must you be so pedantic, arrogant and miserable" has nothing to do with the subject but is a personal remark to the author, as where the references to him being an ex police officer.

You didn't say he couldn't express his view BUT you did probably make him feel uncomfortable enough to not even bother next time.

Trusted Member
    Most of his posts have been in the same vein recently...the big 'I know it all' because I used to be a policeman'.

Anyone not noticing that would have to be either blind or stupid.

That's why I have him on ignore and can only see his posts when they've been quoted by others.

I'm a a light-hearted cheerful person 99% of the time and I certainly don't consider myself special or in kind of clique on this board (I hate that kind of stuff anyway), but yes, some of us do have strong views and opinions. If other members feel they've been snubbed or insulted, then they can complain to the mods. We're all grownups, and certainly I'd expect ex-policemen ....as an example, to be made of pretty stern stuff, and to be able to cope with the literary hurly burly of an average forum.

All I was asking was for John not to come marching in with his 'innocent until proven guilty' proclamation like he was some judge with his little hammer.

Let's have a chat without trying to squash the views of others....however unpalatable they may seem.

There have been many times when I've been made to feel 'uncomfortable' too, but I'll be a man about it, even though that seems to be frowned upon in some quarters these days.

There are plenty of topics on the board for those of a more delicate constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post

Taking quotes your recent post:-
    "Why must you be so pedantic, arrogant and miserable" has nothing to do with the subject but is a personal remark to the author, as where the references to him being an ex police officer.

You didn't say he couldn't express his view BUT you did probably make him feel uncomfortable enough to not even bother next time.
    Knowing John via his previous posts,I doubt that Lordna!!
    He is no shrinking violet.. Neither is Graham..
    Me personally,I have no problem with these passionately held views ..(or how they conflict)
    I enjoy this kind of debate.. Keeps everything honest and veers us away from the national PC type of agenda that seems to be spreading like wildfire throughout the UK.. Even online these days.
    Say what you think!!

Graham... I think that you should take John off ignore as there is nothing wrong with alternative oppinions or how they clash.. The important thing is that opinions are aired.. Many without an opinion could well be swayed..On either side.
    I think thats important.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Say what you think!!
    String 'em up !

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    String 'em up !

You would!!

Banned

You would!!
    As you know Fred I firmly believe in the value of deterrent sentences

As you know Fred I firmly believe in the value of deterrent sentences
    To a degree,so do I..
    But then my daughter is only 14 with NO chance of EVER visiting Ibiza with her friends..
    Like I did!!

Most of his posts have been in the same vein recently...the big 'I know it all' because I used to be a policeman'.

Anyone not noticing that would have to be either blind or stupid.

That's why I have him on ignore and can only see his posts when they've been quoted by others.

I'm a a light-hearted cheerful person 99% of the time and I certainly don't consider myself special or in kind of clique on this board (I hate that kind of stuff anyway), but yes, some of us do have strong views and opinions. If other members feel they've been snubbed or insulted, then they can complain to the mods. We're all grownups, and certainly I'd expect ex-policemen ....as an example, to be made of pretty stern stuff, and to be able to cope with the literary hurly burly of an average forum.

All I was asking was for John not to come marching in with his 'innocent until proven guilty' proclamation like he was some judge with his little hammer.

Let's have a chat without trying to squash the views of others....however unpalatable they may seem.

There have been many times when I've been made to feel 'uncomfortable' too, but I'll be a man about it, even though that seems to be frowned upon in some quarters these days.

There are plenty of topics on the board for those of a more delicate constitution.
    I suppose i should really expect a Yorkshireman to say it as it is!...and i would agree that 99% of the time you are light hearted and cheerful, i'm sure i speak for all of us who enjoy reading your posts, even if we don't always agree.

One of the reasons i choose to contribute to this forum IS really because you do get to see different point of views. I would hate to think anyone would be discouraged by expressing their views even if i or others disagree.

I don't think us southerners have "a more delicate constitution" or need to be selective about the topics we comment on....but maybe we dont express ourselves in quite the same way!

Enough said...you take criticism in the good spirit it was intended and responded positively as usual! I must admit i have not followed Johns posts in particular so cannot comment.

Banned
    I say bring back Apo and Lastlid Always good for a giggle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I am surprised anyone even believes their story for a second = gullible or what

Yes innocent until proven guilty but i am not going along with their story

Threats to the family like what ???

They were caught red handed and all these bola bola stories are just mitigating circumstances that might help them to get a lesser sentence
    Totally agree LM and with Ded's take on it
    Until you been a victim of drugs and experienced the heartache it causes best to keep your liberal views is check. Spare a thought for those who continue to suffer.

BTW For John to say that the users are at fault for creating the demand is a crazy notion. I suspect too much midday sun John..wear a cap

it doesn't look good for them

IS THIS THE MOMENT MICHAELA WAS CAUGHT COLLECTING COKE HAUL?

http://www.belfastdaily.co.uk/2013/0...ing-coke-haul/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Until you been a victim of drugs and experienced the heartache it causes best to keep your liberal views is check. Spare a thought for those who continue to suffer.

I don't think us southerners have "a more delicate constitution" or need to be selective about the topics we comment on...

From my view it has nothing much to do with differing opinions between people from "north" or South".. It has more to do with a new constitution that has been introduced stealthily by new age politicians that will soon be passing laws that will remove our old rights of free speech..
    By the time I`m dead,my kids will not know the difference!!
    For me,that is a scary proposition.
    I`m not a conspiracy theorist by any means but I can really see how things have changed from when I was a youngster.. and not for the good IMO.
    It`s about time we all stand up and say what we really feel and think... Sod the consequences!!

Trusted Member
    Ok...I've taken my meds now.

Ive seen loads of people taking drugs throughout the uk all during my life..
    Do you really think by throwing a few young drug mules away in Peru it will (the problem) all eventually come to an end?
    Its almost guaranteed that the flight that the girls were supposed to be on would have had 4 perhaps more mules aboard!!
    The Cartels quite often dobb in one out of five mules to give a chance for the other 4 to get through..
    These cartels and drug organisations can read immigration and the press like a book.
    Cant you see that?

From my view it has nothing much to do with differing opinions between people from "north" or South"..

It`s about time we all stand up and say what we really feel and think... Sod the consequences!!
    Not "differing opinions" , i was trying to highlight the approach rather than what was said. I don't really think there is any difference between North and South but as Graham is a yorkshireman who are well known for "saying it as it is" and I am from the south I thought I would make light heart of it!

I dont mind people saying what they think....but not if its likely to cause personal offence but maybe thats just me.

Banned
    I say bring back Apo and Lastlid Always good for a giggle
    Now where did I put that sickbag ?

Trusted Member
    You could always nip over to the 'other' forum...only about 6 people posting on there, including Apo', 90% of it lastlid though (JohnAsh), who made it quite clear I was not welcome.

Banned
    90% of it lastlid though (JohnAsh),
    Sounds like he's slacking

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    They were caught red handed ...
    ... ... there definitely SEEMS to be more to "the whole business" than meets the eye.

... *Lastlid ...
    Sounds like he's slacking
    ... apparently ... like the 'Phoenix' ... *he's managed to rise from the "ashes"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... apparently ... like the 'Phoenix' ... *he's managed to rise from the "ashes"!!!

......... reminds me ... ... wonder if lAshtlid continues to "beaver away" - desperately trying to get the last word in - over on the OTHER forum? Does ANYONE know?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information