Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spouse Visa

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Not sure if anything's missing, but your getting there, some one on the forum will point you in the right direction. Good luck with your application Cherrie!
    thanks Michael.. please include us in your prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    guys i want to know if my list of requirements is already complete or am i missing anything??

PROOF OF AGE (my husband's and my birth certificate)

2 PASSPORT PHOTO
    MY PASSPORT
    MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (wedding pics too)
    EVIDENCE THAT U HAVE MET (pictures together, plane tickets, cards/letters, chat logs)
    ENGLISH EXAM CERTIFICATE
    EVIDENCE THAT U MEET FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (official documentation from the dept. of works and pensions confirming the entitlement of DLA and amount receive, personal bank statement in the 12month period, letter from employer confirming the employment, salary and type of employment, wage slips
    PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION (letter from the council)
    TUBERCULOSIS SCREENING CERTIFICATE
    SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM

PLEASE CORRECT ME GUYS. THANKS
    visa fee
    i think you have all the documents you need, do you have your husband passport copy and pages that have stamp? you can also use that as a proof that he went to philippines to be with you, and if he have p60 ( if he's working ) you can also use that for financial requirements

its better to have too many documents. when i applied for my spouse visa i had every single document copied just to be sure.

Goodluck
    RHAI ' CHARD o23

guys i want to know if my list of requirements is already complete or am i missing anything??

PROOF OF AGE (my husband's and my birth certificate)

2 PASSPORT PHOTO
    MY PASSPORT
    MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (wedding pics too)
    EVIDENCE THAT U HAVE MET (pictures together, plane tickets, cards/letters, chat logs)
    ENGLISH EXAM CERTIFICATE
    EVIDENCE THAT U MEET FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (official documentation from the dept. of works and pensions confirming the entitlement of DLA and amount receive, personal bank statement in the 12month period, letter from employer confirming the employment, salary and type of employment, wage slips
    PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION (letter from the council)
    TUBERCULOSIS SCREENING CERTIFICATE
    SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM

PLEASE CORRECT ME GUYS. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by rhaichard View Post
    visa fee
    i think you have all the documents you need, do you have your husband passport copy and pages that have stamp? you can also use that as a proof that he went to philippines to be with you, and if he have p60 ( if he's working ) you can also use that for financial requirements

its better to have too many documents. when i applied for my spouse visa i had every single document copied just to be sure.

Goodluck
    lol yh of course the visa fee.. oh yh i got copies of his passport with stamps on.. thanks for reminding me that,, what's p60 by the way?? THANKS

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Cherrie, a P60 is a document from the tax office in the UK, it's called an 'End of year certificate' it contains tax code, national insurance number and annual earnings, you will need this for your application!

Hi Cherrie, a P60 is a document from the tax office in the UK, it's called an 'End of year certificate' it contains tax code, national insurance number and annual earnings, you will need this for your application!
    hello MIchael..thanks for the answer. I am learning a lot here.. will my husband pay tax at the end of the year even though he is just earning little amount?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    hello MIchael..thanks for the answer. I am learning a lot here.. will my husband pay tax at the end of the year even though he is just earning little amount?
    Not if his total income is less than £10,000 also he would have to earn a few thousand more before any tax amount would cause any hardship and his tax would already be deducted each time he received any wages!

Not if his total income is less than £10,000 also he would have to earn a few thousand more before any tax amount would cause any hardship and his tax would already be deducted each time he received any wages!
    thanks,. hes just earning around £200-£300 per 2 weeks..and theres no tax deduction from that. so that means we will have no document like that. our case is really different since he is exempted from the financial requirement, i hope i can find some1 here with same case as ours. thanks again Michael, u r such a big help.

u can also add supporting letters (aside from ur intro letter and letter written by your husband which includes specific dates), these are letters from both his and your friends and family stating ur relationship is genuine, how u met etc. it should have the contact no. and address on the letter and signed. i asked my bro and dad and couple friends and my hubby from his colleagues and family. goodluck

cherrie ur hubby recieving disability allowance??

take a look at this ... from ukba...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ply/financial/

Exemptions
    You will be exempt from the new financial requirement if your sponsor receives a specified disability-related benefit or carer's allowance in the UK. You will need to show that your sponsor can maintain and accommodate you without access to public funds.

For more information about the financial requirement and the evidence we need, read Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement, which you can find on the right side of this page. It is guidance for our staff.

this is the annex FM 1.7

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

press CTRL+F and search 3.6.1 and read that to .. check if u can get more info on that...
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilovez View Post
    cherrie ur hubby recieving disability allowance??

take a look at this ... from ukba...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ply/financial/

Exemptions
    You will be exempt from the new financial requirement if your sponsor receives a specified disability-related benefit or carer's allowance in the UK. You will need to show that your sponsor can maintain and accommodate you without access to public funds.

For more information about the financial requirement and the evidence we need, read Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement, which you can find on the right side of this page. It is guidance for our staff.

this is the annex FM 1.7

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

press CTRL+F and search 3.6.1 and read that to .. check if u can get more info on that...
    yes he is receiving disability living allowance.. thanks for the link aprilovez, i already browsed that part of ukba.. Thanks

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    thanks,. hes just earning around £200-£300 per 2 weeks..and theres no tax deduction from that. so that means we will have no document like that. our case is really different since he is exempted from the financial requirement, i hope i can find some1 here with same case as ours. thanks again Michael, u r such a big help.
    Hi, everyone who is working will receive a P60 at the end of the financial year which is at the beginning of April every year even those in receipt of benefits will receive a P60u which is almost the same.

BTW I was in a similar situation as your husband I was in receipt of DLA and Jobseekers allowance at the time my wife made her application and it was approved as I could show I could adequately maintain her as my DLA was used in the equation as set in case law.

Hope that settles your mind a bit...

Good work Mark

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi, everyone who is working will receive a P60 at the end of the financial year which is at the beginning of April every year even those in receipt of benefits will receive a P60u which is almost the same.

BTW I was in a similar situation as your husband I was in receipt of DLA and Jobseekers allowance at the time my wife made her application and it was approved as I could show I could adequately maintain her as my DLA was used in the equation as set in case law.

Hope that settles your mind a bit...

hi Mark. Thanks for the info, my husband just started working few months ago, so he will receive his P60 on april 2014 then, is that right?, .. will he receive P60 and P60u since he is working and receiving dla or just one of them?

Oh its nice to know that one of the person whos helping me here gone through same situation as ours. are u working as well that time? or maybe u were receiving higher amount of DLA..

thanks things are looking good for us..

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    No I wasn't actually working at the time due a bad car accident but luckily enough am back to full health and back at work.

My income including DLA and JSA added together was enough to meet the maintenance requirement ie: more than the required amount for a couple to live on like I said before £112.55 per week minus any housing costs which in our case was nil.

I wasn't required to show a P60 just my award letter showing my entitlement to DLA and at least one bank statement to show that amount going into my account.

I know that a P60u is only sent for taxable benefits like JSA etc but not DLA as this is not a means tested taxable benefit so an award letter will suffice.

Regarding whether a P60 is required or whether pay slips will do I dont know but maybe Terpe could clarify this.

Like I said before as long as you can show that after housing costs that there is a minimum of £112.55 then yes I agree with you things do look good.

Once again wishing you both all the best and god bless...

.........Regarding whether a P60 is required or whether pay slips will do I dont know but maybe Terpe could clarify this...
    No Cherrie, you don't need a P60
    That only has a very limited validity when it comes to evidencing income.

But it will be necessary to submit:-
    - A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment.

- Wage slips from the the current employment.

- Personal bank statements covering the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Mrs.smart's Avatar
    Goodluck on your application...

hey guys..thanks for the replies. long time I've not been here.. Ill take my English exam on the 23rd of this month. Wish me luck guys. and my husband wants me to ask you something that's bothering him. we'll he will request for letter from his employer but his contract only says 2 hours per day for 6 days per week and hes doing overtime sometimes thats why hes income every 2weeks is more than 224,. Now the question is will the people in immigration think that hes contract isn't enough to earn 112.55 per week or will they consider more the wage slips and just compute the average of his income since his income varies if hes getting overtime and how many hours of overtime hes getting.. thanks guys,

Smile

No I wasn't actually working at the time due a bad car accident but luckily enough am back to full health and back at work.

My income including DLA and JSA added together was enough to meet the maintenance requirement ie: more than the required amount for a couple to live on like I said before £112.55 per week minus any housing costs which in our case was nil.

I wasn't required to show a P60 just my award letter showing my entitlement to DLA and at least one bank statement to show that amount going into my account.

I know that a P60u is only sent for taxable benefits like JSA etc but not DLA as this is not a means tested taxable benefit so an award letter will suffice.

Regarding whether a P60 is required or whether pay slips will do I dont know but maybe Terpe could clarify this.

Like I said before as long as you can show that after housing costs that there is a minimum of £112.55 then yes I agree with you things do look good.

Once again wishing you both all the best and god bless...
    im glad ur back to full health. so JSA can be counted too? i think in our case it will be a nil too or just a little over. well it depends on how much overtimes hes getting. he started sending some documents that's already in his hands. thanks Mark, ill be taking up english exam in less than 3weeks from now.. pleas pray for me to pass.. thanks and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    No Cherrie, you don't need a P60
    That only has a very limited validity when it comes to evidencing income.

But it will be necessary to submit:-
    - A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment.

- Wage slips from the the current employment.

- Personal bank statements covering the same period as the wage slips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person.

noted..thanks Terpe.. God bless you and your family..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.smart View Post
    Goodluck on your application...
    thanks mrs. smart,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information