Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if you can't stop and question people how are you going to find out if someone has a legal right to be in the UK? ask them to attend an interview next week . if you can't , then surely word will get around, 'come to the UK, the police and border agency cant question you', you can just refuse and walk away, that will just encourage more to come

illegal immigrants in the UK have been estimated to be up to 1m , 150,000 of those have been REFUSED permission to stay in the UK and are still here.

its because little has been done to stop this that's encouraged more and more to come here, imagine 1 out of 60 people you see on the street has no legal right to be here, how are they living in the uk, are they illegally working or committing crime? where are they living, are they been exploited, are they paying tax? using the nhs ?etc..

it shows you the scale of the problem when 140 people were arrested in 1 day
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    if you can't stop and question people how are you going to find out if someone has a legal right to be in the UK? ask them to attend an interview next week . if you can't , then surely word will get around, 'come to the UK, the police and border agency cant question you', you can just refuse and walk away, that will just encourage more to come

illegal immigrants in the UK have been estimated to be up to 1m , 150,000 of those have been REFUSED permission to stay in the UK and are still here.

its because little has been done to stop this that's encouraged more and more to come here, imagine 1 out of 60 people you see on the street has no legal right to be here, how are they living in the uk, are they illegally working or committing crime? where are they living, are they been exploited, are they paying tax? using the nhs ?etc..

it shows you the scale of the problem when 140 people were arrested in 1 day
    Common sense post Joe but remember Enforcement Officers must quickly check that they're abiding by Chapter 31, Section 19, sub paragraph 3 when they pull over a suspicious looking character

Some suckers just like millions of illegals bleeding our country dry

Respected Member
    Who cares who they stop anyway

If the people have the right immigration status then they have nothing to worry about

I am sure that some of these do-gooders would have it that no one is ever stopped

This country is bursting at the seams with illegals and its about time something is done about it

The police in London get all these kind of complaints when they target certain ethnic groups who it is well proven commit most of the street crime

The Uk border agency should target the whole London underground network not just a few token stations

Anyway I still bet there`s more than 140 coming in to the country everyday so its only a way to look as though somethings being done.

Peter Hitchens called it right in his column today in the Mail,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...g-Britain.html

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Who cares who they stop anyway

If the people have the right immigration status then they have nothing to worry about

I am sure that some of these do-gooders would have it that no one is ever stopped

This country is bursting at the seams with illegals and its about time something is done about it

The police in London get all these kind of complaints when they target certain ethnic groups who it is well proven commit most of the street crime

The Uk border agency should target the whole London underground network not just a few token stations
    Lets look at the statistics quoted on here in previous posts. 140 arrested and 1 in 60 are illegal. That means 140 times 60 = 840 or around that number would have been stopped and asked about their immigration status.

I am sure most people dont mind being stopped IF THEY ARE STOPPED AND QUESTIONED IN THE RIGHT WAY. This also means that the Immigration Officers had reason to suspect that 840 people were committing an immigration offence? I don't think so. Clearly these 840 were found to be legal immigrants or british citizens both groups who have the same rights as you or me to be treated fairly, politely and with respect. The press reports are indicating that this was NOT the case.

Perhaps there are a lot of illegal immigrants but who has the true figure anyway as the government dont keep the statistics, its just a guess! Illegal immigrants are still the minority and as I believe Graham has mentioned any laws etc should be for the greater good. That being the case , immigration officers need to follow their own rules and treat all people stopped with respect.If they then prove they have an illegal immigrant Then the person concerned should be removed from the UK as efficiently as possible but firmly and with respect. Our reputation as a country is important that both legal and illegal immigrants get the message we will not tolerate illegals BUT legal immigrants and UK rersidents ARE treated fairly by everyone.

I seem to be repeating myself a lot here so I don't plan on saying anything further on this matter as clearly others here do not share my opinion or are not prepared to critisize the opinions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Lets look at the statistics quoted on here in previous posts. 140 arrested and 1 in 60 are illegal. That means 140 times 60 = 840 or around that number would have been stopped and asked about their immigration status.

I am sure most people dont mind being stopped IF THEY ARE STOPPED AND QUESTIONED IN THE RIGHT WAY. This also means that the Immigration Officers had reason to suspect that 840 people were committing an immigration offence? I don't think so. Clearly these 840 were found to be legal immigrants or british citizens both groups who have the same rights as you or me to be treated fairly, politely and with respect. The press reports are indicating that this was NOT the case.

Perhaps there are a lot of illegal immigrants but who has the true figure anyway as the government dont keep the statistics, its just a guess! Illegal immigrants are still the minority and as I believe Graham has mentioned any laws etc should be for the greater good. That being the case , immigration officers need to follow their own rules and treat all people stopped with respect.If they then prove they have an illegal immigrant Then the person concerned should be removed from the UK as efficiently as possible but firmly and with respect. Our reputation as a country is important that both legal and illegal immigrants get the message we will not tolerate illegals BUT legal immigrants and UK rersidents ARE treated fairly by everyone.

I seem to be repeating myself a lot here so I don't plan on saying anything further on this matter as clearly others here do not share my opinion or are not prepared to critisize the opinions of others.
    if say 840 were questioned, from the reports I've read, but i may be wrong, its other people who have said that it appears UBKA were stopping non whites only. i don't think I've read an interview or press article from someone who was actually stopped.

if they were treated badly why haven't these non white people who were stopped talked to the press ? until we've read from people who were actually interviewed we don't know how they think they were treated.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    if say 840 were questioned, from the reports I've read, but i may be wrong, its other people who have said that it appears UBKA were stopping non whites only. i don't think I've read an interview or press article from someone who was actually stopped.

if they were treated badly why haven't these non white people who were stopped talked to the press ? until we've read from people who were actually interviewed we don't know how they think they were treated.
    It was shown in Sky News, they interviewed a lady. What she said was UKBA asked everyone in the station when she was there. She said that immigration officers informed them that they are conducting some checks. The lady said she didn't find it offensive at all or racist. I would try to look a video of it. I've seen it the other night.

EDIT: Video's here.. http://news.sky.com/story/1123466/home-office-immigration-tactics-investigated Take note that the guy they arrested (getting in the van) has a white skin.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    HOT thread.

I've said my piece though.

Except to say....I have asked the views of the coffee-coloured young man and the EU (Swedish) national young lady currently residing in my house for their views on this.

Both say they are 'not bovverd'.

My step-son (pictured) says he don't give a

Banned
    I didn't say asking for ID was racist...
    However you did say this :-

Perhaps some on here would have preferred it if the Nazis were in power then we would all have to show id and maybe wear a star on our clothing.
    aimed at those anti illegal immigration amongst us who feel it is correct for the authorities to be making these checks.

I'm going to London next week and have no objection if stopped for a check, I'm legal and don't have a chip on my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    However you did say this :-

aimed at those anti illegal immigration amongst us who feel it is correct for the authorities to be making these checks.

I'm going to London next week and have no objection if stopped for a check, I'm legal and don't have a chip on my shoulder.
    Most people including myself are against illegal immigration and i didn't say i was against immigration checks.I thought i had made it clear that i DO think checks need to be carried out lawfully, please accept my apologiesfor not making it clearer as you obviously mis interpreted my earlier posts.

Obviously you missed reading what i said in post #65 which as i wrote it would naturally imply i include myself...copied below to save you trying to find it:-

I am sure most people dont mind being stopped IF THEY ARE STOPPED AND QUESTIONED IN THE RIGHT WAY.

You seem to have also missed what i already said in post #32 again copied below just for you:-

If a police or immigration officer gives a valid reason ie he/she can demonstrate that an immigration or other offence is being commited, then i have no objection to identifying myself.

Banned
    Most people including myself are against illegal immigration and i didn't say i was against immigration checks.I thought i had made it clear that i DO think checks need to be carried out lawfully, please accept my apologiesfor not making it clearer as you obviously mis interpreted my earlier posts.

Obviously you missed reading what i said in post #65 which as i wrote it would naturally imply i include myself...copied below to save you trying to find it:-

I am sure most people dont mind being stopped IF THEY ARE STOPPED AND QUESTIONED IN THE RIGHT WAY.

You seem to have also missed what i already said in post #32 again copied below just for you:-

If a police or immigration officer gives a valid reason ie he/she can demonstrate that an immigration or other offence is being commited, then i have no objection to identifying myself.
    You fail to convince me. Your posts on this thread and others give a very clear impression that you are against ridding our country of illegals.

I feel that desperate times call for desperate measures. I think 15 years of this laid back liberal attitude has left this country in an appalling state. We're at the point now that nobody has a clue as to how many illegals are here.
    I really have no problem with profiling when carrying out these checks because it seems the common sense thing to do the same way the security services were using profiling when looking for extremist bombers on our streets and airports.
    I'm sure the majority of people have no problem whatsoever in producing ID if asked it's just unfortunate that the media seem to give too much attention to the minority who go round screaming about human rights.

Trusted Member
    Under the candy-coated veneer that the liberal do-gooders have tried to cover our society with, there is still a big bad world out there full of bad people...but let's pretend that it just is not true...and draw the curtains.

Respected Member

Why should the immigration officer need any reason to suspect anything
    Just fall in line and let them check and ask everyone
    Having some weird criteria about who they can ask is just plain stupid
    Most of these illegal immigrants get off with some lame excuse on their appeal anyway
    normally something crass like their cat is pregnant and who will care for the kittens

I dont need anyone to tell me about numbers london is overrun with illegal immigrants

You fail to convince me. Your posts on this thread and others give a very clear impression that you are against ridding our country of illegals.
    Not at all Only the ones that can't read properly would get that impression!I suggest you carefully reveiw exactly what i have written.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I feel that desperate times call for desperate measures. I think 15 years of this laid back liberal attitude has left this country in an appalling state. We're at the point now that nobody has a clue as to how many illegals are here.
    I really have no problem with profiling when carrying out these checks because it seems the common sense thing to do the same way the security services were using profiling when looking for extremist bombers on our streets and airports.
    I'm sure the majority of people have no problem whatsoever in producing ID if asked it's just unfortunate that the media seem to give too much attention to the minority who go round screaming about human rights.
    I agree entirely Marco, I carry ID around always and if the authorities want to see it then I will willingly show it.

Trusted Member
    Cute new profile pic malchard.

Banned
    A Bleeding Heart Liberal's take :-

Billboard vans which tell illegal immigrants to ‘go home’ could trigger racist vigilante violence against people from ethnic minorities, Cambridge’s MP fears.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...0806142522.htm

Doesn't do much for the morons chances of re-election

Trusted Member
    What a load of bullocks.

The majority of ordinary voters in this country simply want those who shouldn't be here REMOVED. End of.

Billboard vans which tell illegal immigrants to ‘go home’ could trigger racist vigilante violence against people from ethnic minorities, Cambridge’s MP fears.

Moron?...I don't think so.....

The son of two academics (his father is the Australian-born geophysicist Herbert Huppert), Huppert has lived in Cambridge since he was a small child. Having attended The Perse School in the city, Huppert went on to study at Cambridge University, completing a BA (2000) and then a PhD (2005) in Biological Chemistry at Trinity College. He was elected a Junior Research Fellow of Trinity in 2004, and became a fellow of Clare College in 2009 (the College at which the previous Liberal Democrat MP for the city, David Howarth, was a member). He is also a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC) and the Institute of Physics (MInstP). He worked as a research scientist studying the structures of DNA as well as tutoring students

Moron?...I don't think so.....

The son of two academics (his father is the Australian-born geophysicist Herbert Huppert), Huppert has lived in Cambridge since he was a small child. Having attended The Perse School in the city, Huppert went on to study at Cambridge University, completing a BA (2000) and then a PhD (2005) in Biological Chemistry at Trinity College. He was elected a Junior Research Fellow of Trinity in 2004, and became a fellow of Clare College in 2009 (the College at which the previous Liberal Democrat MP for the city, David Howarth, was a member). He is also a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC) and the Institute of Physics (MInstP). He worked as a research scientist studying the structures of DNA as well as tutoring students
    He may be a noted academic but doesn't mean he has any common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    He may be a noted academic but doesn't mean he has any common sense.
    That doesn't make him a Moron and given his academic record i think i would be more likely to listen to what he has to say than Dedworth for instance who i have noticed seems to have an inclination to try and discredit anyone who doesn't share the same opinion as himself. A strange practice really on a forum where the purpose is to get different peoples opinions.

Like I said before get the army back here and go door to door. That will sort it out.

I remember Mary Beard a very notable academic on question time spouting rubbish about the situation in Boston and an awful lot of people thought that too !

Trusted Member
    Well of course when you want an expert opinion on your electrics you ask a plumber, don't you ?

That doesn't make him a Moron and given his academic record i think i would be more likely to listen to what he has to say than Dedworth for instance who i have noticed seems to have an inclination to try and discredit anyone who doesn't share the same opinion as himself. A strange practice really on a forum where the purpose is to get different peoples opinions.
    Well along with most of the people on this subject I'm with Dedworth
    I think that many people with so called academic qualifications talk a load of crap,i have had them in the car and half of em are not in the 'real world'
    Bet many politicians have good academic qualifications
    I think you should let this one go Lorda,we all seem to disagree with you and Dedworth will fight to get his point across and to me his point is valid

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Well along with most of the people on this subject I'm with Dedworth
    I think that many people with so called academic qualifications talk a load of crap,i have had them in the car and half of em are not in the 'real world'
    Bet many politicians have good academic qualifications
    I think you should let this one go Lorda,we all seem to disagree with you and Dedworth will fight to get his point across and to me his point is valid
    Well malchard888 said "He may be a noted academic but doesn't mean he has any common sense." Although i commented on this, i can agree with this and your statement that "some academics talk a load of crap", although i wouldn't have put it quite that strongly. However that doesn't make Huppert a Moron. Bad choice of word ...but yes probably not worth arguing about as i know i am right! hehe.

Well malchard888 said "He may be a noted academic but doesn't mean he has any common sense." Although i commented on this, i can agree with this and your statement that "some academics talk a load of crap", although i wouldn't have put it quite that strongly. However that doesn't make Huppert a Moron. Bad choice of word ...but yes probably not worth arguing about as i know i am right! hehe.
    I put it mildly and of course I'm right and you know I am
    If not we put it to a vote

Many academics and indeed politicians for that matter are very clever people, but more often than not they dont live in the real world and what is obvious to the average person in the street seems to go straight over their heads

Respected Member

I do think the posters on the vans is more about winning x Tory voters back who have jumped ship to UKIP

I cant really see many immigrants heading home or handing themselves in just because of a few posters

More of a PR exercise than anything else diba

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information