Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Red_D's Avatar

planning to go to UK

Hi there guys!

I'm Red Dungca and currently here in the Philippines. I've come across an ads in the newspaper two weeks ago about a student visa in the UK which guarantees faster visa approval. I attended their orientation and interview and almost decided to give it a try. Currently I'm doing some research about it, I checked the securities and exchange commission and found out that they are duly registered. Right now I'm still researching the persons that were given a visa through their assistance. I dont want my hard earned money to go down the drain for nothing so might as well check everything out before plunging into this. I appreciate any comments my fellow filipinos in the UK can provide, especially the job opportunities there. They told me if your not that picky you can get a job easily.

Thanks guys

hi Red,first of all i like to welcome u in this informative forum..

it seems that u are asking help about student visa, but i guess most of us here happened to be applying and approved with fiancee and spousal visa..
    Dont worry I am pretty sure that our other friends here will also have an idea about it..

Quote Originally Posted by Red_D View Post
    Hi there guys!

I'm Red Dungca and currently here in the Philippines. I've come across an ads in the newspaper two weeks ago about a student visa in the UK which guarantees faster visa approval. I attended their orientation and interview and almost decided to give it a try. Currently I'm doing some research about it, I checked the securities and exchange commission and found out that they are duly registered. Right now I'm still researching the persons that were given a visa through their assistance. I dont want my hard earned money to go down the drain for nothing so might as well check everything out before plunging into this. I appreciate any comments my fellow filipinos in the UK can provide, especially the job opportunities there. They told me if your not that picky you can get a job easily.

Thanks guys
    Hi Red D. Welcome to the forum.. Hope that we can all help to give you some info about the lifestyle and the experience of getting a job here.. anyway, u tc and good luck!

thanks everyone for the reply. ill probably apply for a student visa this month and hopefully be in London by early next year for an MBA study. I did some research in the web as well as in the British embassy website and it says that students are allowed to get a job provided they are allowed and does not exceed 20hrs a week.

my question is, how hard it is to look for part time job there? where do I start looking for one? is there an agency there like the DOLE here in the philippines where I can check the vacancies? thanks and more power guys. hope to see you soon

Banned
    my question is, how hard it is to look for part time job there? where do I start looking for one? is there an agency there like the DOLE here in the philippines where I can check the vacancies? thanks and more power guys. hope to see you soon
    as long as you're not picky plenty of jobs. the equivalent of DOLE here is Job Centre Plus. try to visit their website it's www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    as long as you're not picky plenty of jobs. the equivalent of DOLE here is Job Centre Plus. try to visit their website it's www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk. cheers

Thanks a lot for the info, i really appreciate it I intend to get a job there so as not to get homesick while studying, thats if i dont get to bring along my wife and daughter. thanks again!

Banned
    You also need to have someone to sponsor you here, My cousin has 2 sponsors that adds help to her in applying student visa. You can also have a sponsor(s) from Philippines

london well away from those people up norf
    I would check the student Visa assiting company is geniue and also check the college or uni they offer a course at. Courses for non eu people are very expensive most education courses in the UK are subdised for brits and eu citzen so most of us have no idea how much they really cost.

Also today it was revealed the single biggest source of income for the nation from any form of export was education even bigger than the stock market so the survey claims!! GO to any major uni or college particulary in london and a huge percentage of the students are non uk citzens from either the eu or further afield. This has changed from even a few years ago, even the brit students will have to pay thousands of pounds a year in fees, living expenses etc.

I travel around london a lot and all over London and im sure the country i see small colleges and universitys with students from all around the world im sure some are happy with the place they choose but they have nothing like the faclitlies the major insitutions like imperial college,ucl,lse,kings college etc have.

I would also advise considering where in the UK you plan to study, London is very expensive the rest of th ecountry is cheaper but it can vary. Would the the Uni provide accomadation this can make a big difference.

thanks everyone for the reply. ill probably apply for a student visa this month and hopefully be in London by early next year for an MBA study. I did some research in the web as well as in the British embassy website and it says that students are allowed to get a job provided they are allowed and does not exceed 20hrs a week.

Be very, very skeptical of 'MBA' courses offered in london. most likely it will be somewhere like tottenham or east london and have little or no value to prospective employers after you graduate.

There is a big difference between shelling out 50k for an LBS degree, and 2k for an east ham degree

I'd recommend you look at an ACCA or CIMA that are more widely recognized rather than a 'back street' mba (it will be a similar price).. you also need to be aware that you need to show you have money in your account to pay the course fees and living expenses before you can apply for the visa. saying that you will work part time will not be accepted.

finding work will be easy - finding work much more than minimum wage, or delivering pizzas is more difficult.

Hi there guys!

Thanks guys

hi red! welcome to the forum.. may i know the name of the consultancy where you had the orientation?

Thread Information