Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    It's not actually all about getting bums on seats. They can afford to quite easily travel with only 70% capacity of passengers.
    Flights make more money with cargo on the flight. As long as the flights go with at least 70% passengers and the same for cargo then that is deemed a profitable flight.
    However I do have my doubts they will achieve this 5 times a week and you are quite right to say three flights a week would have been a lot better.
    On second thoughts maybe they could fill these planes 5 times a week
    When KLM use to be around £500 return i used them a lot and their planes were normally full

Anything non stop from LHR is great anyway

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Emirates £520 next month to Clark the better airport
    I am going to bite the bullet and see if i can handle going via the middle east
    I did read on Skytrax that changing planes at Dubai can be quite a pain
    Dubai airport gets many bad reviews on that site

Surely these quoted prices for Philippine Airlines will come down with time
    I would be willing to pay around £800 due to the fact its non stop
    I would have thought maybe 3 flights a week would have been a better idea
    Is there enough people wanting to travel to the Philippines to warrant 5 flights a week ?
    Dubai is a great airport to stopover/change. However the issue people often has is the transit time (i.e. waiting time).

Respected Member
    Great to see this direct route, and LHR is better for us now we live in the Midlands. I like a bargain like everyone, but if this route is £100 more than a 2 leg flight via Hong Kong or whereever then I still personally think it is worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Great to see this direct route, and LHR is better for us now we live in the Midlands. I like a bargain like everyone, but if this route is £100 more than a 2 leg flight via Hong Kong or whereever then I still personally think it is worth the extra cost.

Living on the doorstep of Heathrow I off course prefer to fly from here. but I wouldn't pay more than £750 for a flight to Manila. Well unless all airlines are that expensive. And certainly not more than £100 more than someone like Qatar or Malaysian airlines just to go direct. However it also depends on stopover times. I wouldn't pay £100less and be willing to wait anything over 4 hours for the connecting flight.

Respected Member
    http://www1.philippineairlines.com/s...rs/fly-london/ best could find was 852 for dec/jan flight

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I just checked..Roundtrip flights from London to Manila with dates Nov 18 to Dec 9 2013..GBP 582.75! A great deal that is!

Flight Itinerary

Fare: London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom - Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines, Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines - London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
    1 Adult 12+. Monday, November 18 2013, 16:15 - Monday, December 09 2013, 08:05. 267.00
    Taxes 315.75

Total:
    GBP 582.75

Modify search

Air Itinerary Details Fare Rules Remove

London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
    Mon, Nov 18, 16:15
    Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
    Tue, Nov 19, 12:50
    PR0721
    Philippine Airlines
    Fare Family: Fiesta Deal
    Non stop
    Boeing 777-300ER

Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
    Mon, Dec 09, 08:05
    London (LHR), Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
    Mon, Dec 09, 14:00
    PR0720
    Philippine Airlines
    Fare Family: Fiesta Deal
    Non stop
    Boeing 777-300ER

FARE BREAKDOWN
    Passenger Type Base Fare
    per person
    Taxes and
    Carrier-Imposed Fees

per person
    Total Fare
    per person
    Number of
    passengers
    Total Fare
    Adult 12+ 267.00 315.75 582.75 x 1 GBP 582.75
    Total fare shall be billed in USD (Exchange rate: 1GBP=1.569366USD) USD915.00

Total price(s) displayed INCLUDES ALL TAXES except Philippine Travel Tax, other charges and fees that are collected at the airport.

All passengers required to pay the Philippine Travel Tax MUST proceed to the TIEZA counter at the airport before checking-in.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION :

• Free baggage allowance may not apply to connecting flights and excess baggage fees may apply.
    • Carry-on baggage allowance is one piece not exceeding 15 lbs. (7 kg.) with total dimension (height+width+length) not exceeding 45 in. (115 cm.)

Specific rules on surcharges/penalties and other conditions are indicated in the Fare Rules link above or at the "Agreement" section of this page.

LHR-MNL : Fiesta Deal Fare Family Benefits and Conditions

Economy Class Service
    Inflight Hot Meal and Beverage
    No Mileage Accrual
    20 Kilos Free Baggage Allowance
    Non-rebookable
    Non-refundable

Specific rules on surcharges/penalties and other conditions are indicated in the Fare Rules link above or at the "Agreement" section of this page.

MNL-LHR : Fiesta Deal Fare Family Benefits and Conditions

Economy Class Service
    Inflight Hot Meal and Beverage
    No Mileage Accrual
    20 Kilos Free Baggage Allowance
    Non-rebookable
    Non-refundable

Total Air Fare GBP 582.75

Total GBP 582.75
    Total fare shall be billed in USD (Exchange rate: 1GBP=1.569366USD) USD915.00
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Thanks Rayna. Yes...good price.

Nice and clearly laid out too.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Thanks Rayna. Yes...good price.

Nice and clearly laid out too.
    We could've avail that..but it will cost us £200 more going from Denbigh to London (petrol, hotel, car park). So any deals of other airlines around that cost is fine with Keith and me from Manchester.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    i just checked those same dates and got 676 -so either low fare is gone already or were using diff websites

Banned
    That PAL fare from LHR is pretty good Rayna - they must've pitched it at that level to pinch business from Cathay and the Sand Monkeys

I do hope they'll have flights from Manchester in the future..that will be great for us who lives far from London.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Way to early to book for next June when I am going. But just had a peek and they are £850. I wont pay that, but I know they probably will be cheaper in 6 months time or so.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    We could've avail that..but it will cost us £200 more going from Denbigh to London (petrol, hotel, car park). So any deals of other airlines around that cost is fine with Keith and me from Manchester.
    Yes, I usually fly from Manchester too...only just over an hour from York on the train...straight into the airport.

Banned
    Yes, I usually fly from Manchester too...only just over an hour from York on the train...straight into the airport.
    Thats good not having to go through Manchester itself

Trusted Member
    Haha...and just make sure you don't fall asleep and wake up in Liverpool.

Banned
    Haha...and just make sure you don't fall asleep and wake up in Liverpool.
    A mate of mine was in the ATC at Manchester for a bit (now at Prestwick which must be better) I flew up there 4 years ago stayed the night at his place then went off to the US the next day. He lived in a ghastly place called Heald Green - I'm sure most of his neighbours were benefit fraudsters or dealing drugs

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I do hope they'll have flights from Manchester in the future..that will be great for us who lives far from London.
    Have you ever tried Emirates from Manchester Rayna? because you know that the aircraft they use is airbus A380!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Have you ever tried Emirates from Manchester Rayna? because you know that the aircraft they use is airbus A380!
    I flew with Emirates when I came here from Manila. Flight was great and A380 was amazing! Emirates was our first choice, 2nd was Singapore Airlines. It was just this time, Qatar was £60-80 cheaper for each tickets when we booked the flights.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Trusted Member
    It was Emirates who I first brought my ex-wife back to England with too.

They gave her a 'Child's Activity Set' to keep her busy on the plane...obviously not realising that she was already 23 yrs old and a mother of two. lol

Here, pictured just after we'd arrived 'home':

It was Emirates who I first brought my ex-wife back to England with too.

They gave her a 'Child's Activity Set' to keep her busy on the plane...obviously not realising that she was already 23 yrs old and a mother of two. lol

Here, pictured just after we'd arrived 'home':

Hahahaha..that was funny . I have a friend who was refused to be seated beside the emergency exit door on her flight going to Chicago. She was taller than me mind you, around 5'4", but looks really young. The flight attendant thought she's just 12 but she was 23 that time. Even when they went out for a meal while in America, she was always given the menu for kids meals.. Hahaha.. She was really annoyed with it!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Trusted Member
    Yeah...my Asawa was all of 4'10" and 38 kilos...only about 43 kilos when 9 months preggers with our boy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information