Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: How long?

How long?

I know it varies.... But for those that came from the UK and got married in the Philippines, how long from the day of arrival did it take to get married? Assuming you had not done any paperwork beforehand that is.

I am quite lucky in my job that I do a 4 on 4 off shift pattern... So if I take 12 days off for my wedding next summer I will infact end up with 28 days off.
    This is what I had planned but have been told this probably isn't long enough..... I know from past that my boss will totally dismiss any talk about next years holiday rotas until 1st January... and as I don't have set dates yet I cant ask if it would be ok to have that time off all at once yet anyway. I know he will more than likely let me have that length of time off at once, he let me have 36 days off two years ago for a holiday to Seychelles, so should think for my own wedding he would let me! But I need to go in to him with some stats to prove why it will take so long to get married lol.

My Fiance wants me to go for 6 weeks which will mean taking 20 days off which will in turn work out as six weeks with my shift pattern... Now I am all for this, hope my boss is as well! But should he not be ok with this, how long should I tell him I definitely need!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    I know it varies.... But for those that came from the UK and got married in the Philippines, how long from the day of arrival did it take to get married? Assuming you had not done any paperwork beforehand that is.

I am quite lucky in my job that I do a 4 on 4 off shift pattern... So if I take 12 days off for my wedding next summer I will infact end up with 28 days off.
    This is what I had planned but have been told this probably isn't long enough..... I know from past that my boss will totally dismiss any talk about next years holiday rotas until 1st January... and as I don't have set dates yet I cant ask if it would be ok to have that time off all at once yet anyway. I know he will more than likely let me have that length of time off at once, he let me have 36 days off two years ago for a holiday to Seychelles, so should think for my own wedding he would let me! But I need to go in to him with some stats to prove why it will take so long to get married lol.

My Fiance wants me to go for 6 weeks which will mean taking 20 days off which will in turn work out as six weeks with my shift pattern... Now I am all for this, hope my boss is as well! But should he not be ok with this, how long should I tell him I definitely need!
    Other people I am sure will comment, but from my experience 3 weeks should be fine. I married my wife last year ago in Cagayan De Oro and it took us about 3 weeks, we could have done this a little quicker, but there was a particular venue we wanted the wedding to take place at so the ceremony took place at a later date than we could have actually got married.

28 days (5+) weeks should be more than enough and will give you plenty of time to plan a Honeymoon after :-)

Hope this helps

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Other people I am sure will comment, but from my experience 3 weeks should be fine. I married my wife last year ago in Cagayan De Oro and it took us about 3 weeks, we could have done this a little quicker, but there was a particular venue we wanted the wedding to take place at so the ceremony took place at a later date than we could have actually got married.

28 days (5+) weeks should be more than enough and will give you plenty of time to plan a Honeymoon after :-)

Hope this helps
    I agree. 3 weeks is all we took although I had to fly back to UK 2 days after the wedding ceromony. The 6 weeks suggested would be perfect.

Generally, with good organisation, and if things go fairly smooth along the way, you should have no problems getting married within a 20-30 day timeframe.

My advice is to get everything lined up well before hand.
    Get as many of the docs and paperworks done before you actually arrive into the Philippines. It's not difficult.

An alternative would be to take a shorter trip and secure the marriage Licence and return home, then make another shorter trip to actually get married and honeymoon.
    Some folks have done this when getting longer periods of time off from work is problematic.
    The Marriage Licence has 120 day validity anywhere within the Philippines. jusy food for thought anyway.

I can't comment because I never got married to a Filipina, well not yet

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Arrived in the Phils 30 June 2012 got married 12 July 2012 so just 12 days for me

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Arrived in the Phils 30 June 2012 got married 12 July 2012 so just 12 days for me
    Lol, think that's an exception.... I cant see mine running so smoothly

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Arrived in Cebu 2nd January,lots of preparation here in UK,married 16th January in Bay Bay City Leyte,please ask other members here to list all requirements for a Filipina to marry a Foreigner in her Country,be prepared,it isn't as easy as you might think,be prepared by doing some research from other members here,

Quote Originally Posted by sheriel View Post
    Arrived in Cebu 2nd January,lots of preparation here in UK,married 16th January in Bay Bay City Leyte,please ask other members here to list all requirements for a Filipina to marry a Foreigner in her Country,be prepared,it isn't as easy as you might think,be prepared by doing some research from other members here,

Any help from anybody will be gratefully accepted... I still have 10-12 months, so not panicking just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Any help from anybody will be gratefully accepted... I still have 10-12 months, so not panicking just yet!
    Take a look at this thread here. See post#4 for important needed links

Thread Information