Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi everyone!

Newbie (Restricted Access) satchuna's Avatar

Hi everyone!

After like 3-4 years of posting in here.. Here I am again, saying hello.. The first time I posted was before me flying here in the UK.. and now it has been 3 years.. I am still a newbie in the forum^_^

Quote Originally Posted by satchuna View Post
    After like 3-4 years of posting in here.. Here I am again, saying hello.. The first time I posted was before me flying here in the UK.. and now it has been 3 years.. I am still a newbie in the forum^_^
    Well here's a warm welcome back aboard the good ship Filipino UK

Maybe you've completed your immigration and are already a British Citizen and a member of the exclusive club of dual nationals ??

Do share more of your journey

welcome back

oh well,, not yet.. I still need to wait for 2 or 3 more years for me to have a British passport.. ^_^

oh well,, not yet.. I still need to wait for 2 or 3 more years for me to have a British passport.. ^_^
    Oh! Really? Why?
    Sorry for my questions but I have no idea of your journey history.

For me to become a British citizen I need to live here for 6 years. I came here in 2010 so I am half of the years I need for me to have one. Coming here has been very difficult. I need to pass an English exam, apply for a visa and the long wait for having one. I first join this forum asking of the things I need to expect coming here. And now I've been here for 3 long years and still counting. Life in the UK is different and challenging. I am loving it but I still misses home at times.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    For me to become a British citizen I need to live here for 6 years. I came here in 2010 so I am half of the years I need for me to have one. Coming here has been very difficult. I need to pass an English exam, apply for a visa and the long wait for having one. I first join this forum asking of the things I need to expect coming here. And now I've been here for 3 long years and still counting. Life in the UK is different and challenging. I am loving it but I still misses home at times.
    Why 6 years satchuna?

Did you arrive on a spouse/fiance visa?

Have you obtained ILR? (indefinite leave to remain)

Because if you have then you only have to be ordinarily resident for 3 years to be nationalised as a British Citizen, and as you say you have been here 3 years already then you would qualify.

Anyway would like to welcome you back to our friendly forum...

back again, Satch ...

... or ... do you prefer being called Una?

Thread Information