Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice post Pat

We all wish you well.

Hope you'll continue to stay around, share you experiences, join the banter and humour and hopefully pick up some genuine help from a broad range of experience here.

Some here will be following the same path as you.

The Philippines is a marvelous, wonderful country and the people are the best in the world. So polite and hospitable and always willing to help.

The Philippines is pretty much the same as any other country, keep your wits about you, use good common sense, stay out of known trouble areas and you'll be OK.

Most of the negative moaning and complaining you'll hear is from people who were mostly unprepared for a move to another country and culture. They likely didn't do their homework.
    Make no mistake the Philippines is different. Not bad, but different.
    Many become upset because the Philippines isn't western enough. Not like UK
    If you're looking for a life-copy of a Euro Zone country the you'll not find anything like that in the Philippines.
    Better to stay in Ireland.

What I hope you'll discover is wonderful experience. A great country with great people who mostly have their own unique way of doing stuff. Read the forum, ask questions, search past postings and you'll gain a lot and minimise any unpleasant surprises.

It's a wise strategy to rent at first until you both find a place you're comfortable with.
    I wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Nice post Pat

We all wish you well.

Hope you'll continue to stay around, share you experiences, join the banter and humour and hopefully pick up some genuine help from a broad range of experience here.

Some here will be following the same path as you.

The Philippines is a marvelous, wonderful country and the people are the best in the world. So polite and hospitable and always willing to help.

The Philippines is pretty much the same as any other country, keep your wits about you, use good common sense, stay out of known trouble areas and you'll be OK.

Most of the negative moaning and complaining you'll hear is from people who were mostly unprepared for a move to another country and culture. They likely didn't do their homework.
    Make no mistake the Philippines is different. Not bad, but different.
    Many become upset because the Philippines isn't western enough. Not like UK
    If you're looking for a life-copy of a Euro Zone country the you'll not find anything like that in the Philippines.
    Better to stay in Ireland.

What I hope you'll discover is wonderful experience. A great country with great people who mostly have their own unique way of doing stuff. Read the forum, ask questions, search past postings and you'll gain a lot and minimise any unpleasant surprises.

It's a wise strategy to rent at first until you both find a place you're comfortable with.
    I wish you good luck.
    Thanks Terpe,
    That is so kind of you. I have been travelling to SEA since 1992 and have always felt I 'belong' in that region. So I have no hang-ups about living there especialy with the lovely g/f I have.
    It'll take a bit of time to settle etc... but I'm leaving myself covered by keeping monies back in Ireland.
    When I've been to Philipinnes or Thailand or Cambodia I have never had a problem in 21 years and I always seem to get on with people in both cities and rural places. I travel with a smile and I love meeting people. I'm no fool and will be careful of course and having her ladyship along will be of great help. She's a smart woman for her age and as she says I', your asawa and it's now my job to watch over you.

Am going to give it a try and thank you again for your words of encouragement.

Of course I'll keep in touch with this forum and would love to meet any of the forum people who live in Phils.

Regards,

Pat

You'll be just fine mate

It's funny what you said, I too always felt more comfortable and more at home in Asia.

We'll both be fine I feel

Thread Information