Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Red face Diamonds and Wedding Ring from JamesAllen

Hi Everyone,

Is is OK to buy diamonds and wedding rings from James Allen? I checked their website and the price are really cheaper. Im thinking of buying some and have my cousin from US bring it to me on her visit here in the Philippines. Thank you.
    Last edited by raynaputi; 10th July 2013 at 21:47. Reason: link removed

Mazza, I doubt anyone could answer that for you. Most posters here aren't American so would know nothing of this site.

Now I've never bought a ring in Pinas but would say the following:

Rings are priced based on the cost of the metal, any jewels, the labour rate of the goldsmith and the mark-up of the goldsmith.

Metal (gold) and jewels (diamonds) pretty-much go at market rate. The difference, then, is labour rate and mark-up,

If I was around Manila, as you are, I'd be much more inclined to find a small, independent goldsmith who could make a ring or two to my design rather than buy from an online catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_mac View Post
    Mazza, I doubt anyone could answer that for you. Most posters here aren't American so would know nothing of this site.

Now I've never bought a ring in Pinas but would say the following:

Rings are priced based on the cost of the metal, any jewels, the labour rate of the goldsmith and the mark-up of the goldsmith.

Metal (gold) and jewels (diamonds) pretty-much go at market rate. The difference, then, is labour rate and mark-up,

If I was around Manila, as you are, I'd be much more inclined to find a small, independent goldsmith who could make a ring or two to my design rather than buy from an online catalogue.
    Hi alan_mac, well yeah, i thought of that after posting this but I was just trying my luck just in case someone from this forum are aware about it they are offering GIA certified diamonds, but here in Manila some dont. If they did, it'll be super expensive. I tried in Onpin, but they are selling fakes and hallow wedding rings. Im not an expert so I don't consider it. I tried in Malls (so expensive with GIA) and independent goldsmith (they dont have good diamonds) hehe..
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Thread Information