Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Financial requirement for fiance visa

Hi Everyone,
    I would like to ask any advice again here on behalf of my friend..Her British bf just accepted for the carer's allowance and job seeker allowance last month. He want to petition my friend to come her in uk as a fiance visa...What are the steps they need to do and what are the requirements, forms they will need? Please any help would be appreciated..Thanks you

Is your friend seeking exemption from the Minimum Income Threshold of the Financial Requirements ?

If so then the application for visa will be just the same as for the normal Partner/Spouse Visa.

The exception will come in Appendix 2 when the applicant would skip to Part 4 Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement

To be able to do this the applicant will need to submit documentary evidence of:-

- Eligibility of exemption due to Carers Allowance

- Documentary evidence of adequate maintenance and accommodation.

This would require proving a net income after deduction of total housing costs that is equal to or greater than the current Income Support rate

Currently this is £112.55 per week

If the net income of the b/f of your friend (after deduction of all housing costs) is £112.55 or more then they can move ahead with the application.

A good starting point is to review the needed application forms which can be found on the UKBA website.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Is your friend seeking exemption from the Minimum Income Threshold of the Financial Requirements ?

If so then the application for visa will be just the same as for the normal Partner/Spouse Visa.

The exception will come in Appendix 2 when the applicant would skip to Part 4 Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement

To be able to do this the applicant will need to submit documentary evidence of:-

This would require proving a net income after deduction of total housing costs that is equal to or greater than the current Income Support rate

If the net income of the b/f of your friend (after deduction of all housing costs) is £112.55 or more then they can move ahead with the application.

A good starting point is to review the needed application forms which can be found on the UKBA website.
    i

Hi Sir,
    Yes Sir! I would like to know how long he needs to be in carer's allowance and job seekers allowance before he can apply a fiance visa for my friend? thanks

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hi there as long as he shows the payment going into his bank account along with the decision letter regarding carers allowance then he will be exempt from the financial requirement.

The UKBA stipulates at least one payment showing this.

Hope that helps...

Respected Member
    Hi there,
    thank you for your reply! I'm sure my friend would be very happy to now this....cheers

Respected Member

Hi sir Terpe,
    Yes her fiance get £130 a week she said....I would like to ask if these forms she need to filled in (VAF4A DECEMBER 2012) and VFA appendix 2..financial requirement forms? I'm really sorry for this silly question Sir...I really got no clue mind before my husband did everything way back 2008....Your help would be appreciated....

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    ...Yes her fiance get £130 a week she said....
    That needs to be net income after all housings costs (including council tax etc)

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    ...I would like to ask if these forms she need to filled in (VAF4A DECEMBER 2012) and VFA appendix 2..financial requirement forms? I'm really sorry for this silly question Sir...I really got no clue mind before my husband did everything way back 2008....Your help would be appreciated....
    Yes

Respected Member
    That needs to be net income after all housings costs (including council tax etc)

Yes
    Thank you very much sir

Banned
    so--if the fiancee is granted a visa--she still will not be allowed to work--or get any state support--so--just what is she supposed to live on--?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Thats what the government says a person needs to survive on £71 single or £112.55 for a couple.

Hard to grasp bidmarco I know but been in that same situation myself after a bad accident.

Luckly now I"m ok and back at work thank god...

Thread Information