Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Beware the pension idiots

Transfer my pension funds to my Philippine account easy job you would think. DWP 10 mins on the phone, job done and dusted terrific.
    Prudential is another thing, I called them in April to say I was thinking to change banks and what information do you need from me to do this. You just need to send us a fax with your signature on it and that will be fine, ok but are you sure that is all you need, oh yes sir.
    No way, I phone again in May to say my new account is set up and to check about sending the fax, thats ok sir just put the details in the fax. June I phone again, is my account set up? oh a few more days sir and we will make payment 1st July,great you think, no way. So I phone again, why have I not received my money? Oh you need to send us proof of ID copy of passport bank statement (utility bill, this is the Philippines ffs) So now at a cost of £30 I have to FedEx this information to them.
    So next we have Reassure who used to be Windsor Life. We just need copy of your passport and the new details of your bank account and proof of your address, ok so I throw in copy of my I-Card that has my address on.another £30 to send that, so I wait and wait to hear from them.......... nothing. So I phone them again, why have I not received any pension since April? Your documents need to be certified sir Why did you not tell me this in the first place, and why have you not called me to tell me so, dont know sir, I cant put into print what I said to them, so yet another £30 to send again plus lawyer fees for his stamp. So i am not a happy chappy at the moment.

once its sorted and your getting your monies in your new account, complain and complain about the costs you incurred due to their fault, untill they so peed off with by your complaints and compensate you, record the dates , details ect

Very frustrating.. I don't have a pension but have had similar problems with UK banks that wouldn't let me have MY money..It took months to sort it out.
    I wanted to punch em through the phone!

Thanks for the warnings

I've bookmarked this post for when it's my time

I'm now thinking it might be better to make a plan of how set up these things before I go.

my oldest daughter has power of attorney so hopefully if i get bank problems she can sort it out from here in uk

Terpe I tried to set it up from the UK it was impossible, you have to have proof of address in the Philippines, then they want everything authenticated. Believe me its a nightmare. We do all our banking online for security reasons and the pension companys will not accept a print off statement. An hour journey to the bank to get them to give me one

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Terpe I tried to set it up from the UK it was impossible, you have to have proof of address in the Philippines, then they want everything authenticated. Believe me its a nightmare. We do all our banking online for security reasons and the pension companys will not accept a print off statement. An hour journey to the bank to get them to give me one
    Ah, OK thanks.
    I'd better have a chat with my providers

Had a call from the Pru, from head of complaints, who said can you scan and e-mail the documents to me ffs I just FedExed the dam things to you

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Had a call from the Pru, from head of complaints, who said can you scan and e-mail the documents to me ffs I just FedExed the dam things to you
    Well at least it gives you something to do

Joke joke

Thread Information