Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb The 10 Best folding bikes

The popularity of folding bikes means there is now a huge range, whether you want one for commuting or rugged off-road riding........

1. Brompton H6L

Bromptons are pricy, but once you’ve tried one, there’s no going back. The H-type handlebars on this one mean you can sit upright – perfect for those for whom elegance trumps speed. The mudguards and six gears mean it’s suited to most terrains and weather types.
    £995, brompton.co.uk

2. Raleigh Stowaway 3

Highly affordable and ideal for commuting or taking on holiday, this has plenty of great features, including gears that are simple and effective to use and an easy-to-use folding mechanism, as well as a decent luggage rack.
    £300, raleigh.co.uk

3. Dahon Jifo

Jifo’s claim to fame is that it only takes a matter of seconds to fold and unfold – ideal for those moments when you reach the station and can see the train pulling in. This 16in-wheel folding bike is also lightweight and compact, although you won’t want to travel more than a couple of miles on it.
    £599.99, halfords.com

4. Carrera Transport

Despite its relatively low price tag, especially in the costly world of folding bikes, the Carrera Transport strikes a great balance between being sturdily built and lightweight enough for a fast and easy ride. The eight-speed gearing system makes it suitable for all terrain.
    £299, halfords.com

5. Tern Link P9

A brisk ride to work on the Tern Link P9 is light, fast and fun. The components are particularly durable and the quality is outstanding for the price, with smooth gear-shifting and highly responsive brakes.
    £550, evanscycles.com

6. Airnimal White Rhino

There’s no getting around it – if you want a folding bike for off-road, it will cost you. This one has 20in BMX wheels, a reinforced frame and serious suspension. You can fold it down within 45 seconds for daily use or within five minutes if you want it small enough for long-distance travel.
    £1,899, airnimal.eu

7. Dahon Vybe C7A

This Dahon folding bike delivers convenience and great riding comfort. Also impressive is the patented handle post that’s made from forged aluminium and which provides a super-strong connection to the frame and fork.
    £380, raleigh.co.uk

8. Montague Boston 8

Montague is the only folding bike manufacturer to make full-sized bikes. Although not as compact as most, nice touches of this stylish, lightweight bike include the quick-release mudguards and an upright urban riding position, which makes it both city- and suburb-friendly.
    £949.99, discountbicyles.co.uk

9. Beixo Compact Low

This seven-speed bike, which hails from the world’s flattest country, is aimed at the saddle-squeamish. Thanks to the extra low frame, there’s no need to haul yourself over a bike frame and there’s a custom-made travel bag worth £50 thrown in at the moment.
    £780, anddutch.co.uk

10. Tern Link C7

This is a fantastic pair of wheels for zipping down the high street. There’s everything you need despite the surprisingly low price, with a seven-speed Shimano gear set, a sturdy aluminium frame and a total weight of just 12.4kg (27lbs 5.4oz).
    £299, evanscycles.com

Source:-
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8683766.html

funny thing this, i have been looking for a fold up bike for ages but the price are still a little dear when you are buying two

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    funny thing this, i have been looking for a fold up bike for ages but the price are still a little dear when you are buying two
    £120 here - a lot cheaper than the top 10 above but they're all made in Cambodia nowadays

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stowabike-Fo...=fold+up+bikes

Very popular in London at the moment with the city types. Quite a few punters carrying their fold up bikes on the tube in the rush hour.
    I guess Number 6 is the fold up equivalent of a Ferrari

Trusted Member
    My ex used to have one...until it got nicked...with attached baby seat.

I have my stepdaughter's folding bike here in my garage.

Must be a cheap one. Probably weighs more than her.

To me, that Tern Link C7 looks a good buy at £299
    Usually goes out at £375

The forks are Hi-tensile steel.

Also becoming more popular in the Philippines.

http://www.bworldonline.com/weekende...t.php?id=59169

Over the past 3 years i have noticed cycling has started to become very popular here.

The local bike shop in San Pablo City that originally started around 10 years ago selling dodgy bikes and parts has turned into a thriving business. Dropped in a few weeks ago to have a look and was surprised at what they know have in stock. All the bikes and parts are now original.

100k bicycles who says there is no money in the Philippines!

If i was looking to open another business here and had some knowledge of cycling it would be something to look into as the major chains seem to have ignored the fact.

Thread Information