Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

New member please help

Hi everyone my name is Sean, i need some help if possible, i am engaged to a Filipina from Cebu she just give birth to our beautiful baby girl. My question is when we apply for the baby's British Passport and Birth certificate how do we do it and can it be done in Cebu or do we have to go to Manila, also is it possible for the baby to have dual citizenship and is it easy to get the Filipino Passport. Also on a side note if we where to travel to another country could the baby fly on my passport or does she need to have her own. thanks guys need this help.

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum Sean.

I decided to have a separate passport for my boy when he was a baby. Then he could travel with either parent.

You need to use the search facility for answers to your other questions, until somebody else comes along with definitive answers.

Also refer to the British Embassy website, UKBA website and Phils govt. website...all on google search.

Thanks for the advice grahamw48 ill check that out hopefully ill see something that will help me a little.

Trusted Member
    You're welcome.

Ask more questions, as and when... but probably get more attention if posted on the visa etc, section on this board.

Thanks for that mate will try that now every little help helps man.

Sean Congratulations. I bet she is beautiful. My baby girl is due on the 1st August so I know how excited you are.

Anyway, you can immediately apply for her British Passport. There are links already on the forum for the paperwork, look for the C2 form. It is quite straight forward as long as you have all the relevant paperwork. Here is a link to the form on the UKBA website. There are also notes for guidance on the site. http://www.gov.ai/forms/passport/form-c2.pdf

I expect your finacee has all her scan photos, doctor's notes and hospital receipts as well as her (fiancee's) NSO birth certificate. You also need to provide your passport showing you were present in the Philippines at the time of conception. As you are not married I think there are notes for guidance as for any other evidence necessary. You need two photos of the baby's face. Get this done by a local photographer as it is easier but the baby's eyes must be open and looking forward, see the rules on the UK passport photo requirements (our first ones got rejected for our son).

We went to the embassy in Manila to submit our forms and documents, not sure about your situation. You do not need any other birth certificate or register the birth at the embassy. The NSO birth certificate is recognized in the UK.

It sounds kind of complicated, but it is really just getting the papers in order (as always). They say at the embassy that it can take 8 weeks to get the passport but we had our son's in 4 weeks. I believe you can apply for duel passports ie a Philippine one also, but we have not done that yet for our son.

Good luck I am really happy for you both.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Steve thank you so much, you really helped us with this info, i cant believe how confusing the UK make all our lives when we just want to have a happy life with the people we wanna be with, but this is what we all want so its worth it. Steve if you didn't know already, to be present at your baby's birth you need to talk to your wife's ob gyn, and she will give you the help you need. Even as the baby's father we still cant go into the delivery room without the ok from certain doctors, i found that out the hard way, and i missed my baby girl's birth. Just in case you didn't Steve. Good luck to you my friend and enjoy your new baby it really is a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by sean88 View Post
    Steve thank you so much, you really helped us with this info, i cant believe how confusing the UK make all our lives when we just want to have a happy life with the people we wanna be with, but this is what we all want so its worth it. Steve if you didn't know already, to be present at your baby's birth you need to talk to your wife's ob gyn, and she will give you the help you need. Even as the baby's father we still cant go into the delivery room without the ok from certain doctors, i found that out the hard way, and i missed my baby girl's birth. Just in case you didn't Steve. Good luck to you my friend and enjoy your new baby it really is a blessing.
    Thanks for that Sean. I do intend to be there this time as I missed my son being born. My wife fell over at our farm and was rushed to have an emergency cesarean 6 weeks early This time because our babies are so close the doctor has told us that we will have another cesarean. I know that being in an operating theater might not be a regular thing, but I will certainly press them into allowing me to be there. After all, we are paying for the pleasure.

I will be sure to let you know how things transpire.
    I hope all is going smoothly with your little one so far. Do you have any photos of her yet?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information