Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Certificate of No Impediment for British Citizen to Marry a Filipina in the Philippines

Hi Everyone,

I need your help.

May fiancee and I are planning to have our Civil Wedding on August during his 3 weeks business trip here in the Philippines. I checked for the documents needed and one of those is CNI. He will be here on August 10-30 and he got an appointment in UK Embassy here (Manila) on August 12. Will it be possible to have the CNI from UK Embassy within that day? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I need your help.

May fiancee and I are planning to have our Civil Wedding on August during his 3 weeks business trip here in the Philippines. I checked for the documents needed and one of those is CNI. He will be here on August 10-30 and he got an appointment in UK Embassy here (Manila) on August 12. Will it be possible to have the CNI from UK Embassy within that day? Thank you.
    If he is in the UK , he can get the CNI from his Registrars office...then he can exchange it to local version via the British Embassy Manila.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

yeah, he have now the CNI from the Registrars office in UK. And we have the schedule in the UK Embassy here in the Philippines on august 12, 2013. My concern is that, if we are able to get the CNI in Philippines version within that day? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    yeah, he have now the CNI from the Registrars office in UK. And we have the schedule in the UK Embassy here in the Philippines on august 12, 2013. My concern is that, if we are able to get the CNI in Philippines version within that day? thank you.
    There is no reason why should not be able to get the local CNI (Philippines version) from the UK Embassy in the Philippines on the same day... We did exactly this back in December..

Best of luck to you both..

Thank you so much!!!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Yes its straight forward just hand your UK version over at the embassy and they will exchange it for a local version no problem.

All the best for your wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Yes its straight forward just hand your UK version over at the embassy and they will exchange it for a local version no problem.

All the best for your wedding...
    thank you marksroomspain

Your fiance needs to apply for the UK version about 1 month before its required at his local registry office. The intention to marry is made public during that time presumably incase anyone objects.

One month later the document can be collected from the local registrar which is then used to obtain the Philllippines document in Manilla (was on the same day but may now be a 1 day wait).

Hi mazza,

I think you'll find that in addition to the CNI all other needed original documents along with a certified true copy of the UK nationals passport page, that personal appearance at the Embassy is not needed.
    It may be useful to consider this and save that extra day in Manila especially as time is limited.

See this very recent forum thread on the same issue:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ritish+Embassy

John got his CNI for just 40mins , check his thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....e-wedding-trip

...after your British bf obtained his CNI from British Embassy you can go straight to your registrars office to book for your wedding date , there will be a marriage seminar but you can choose it on the 10 days interval whist waiting for your marriage certificate to come out.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Your fiance needs to apply for the UK version about 1 month before its required at his local registry office. The intention to marry is made public during that time presumably incase anyone objects.

One month later the document can be collected from the local registrar which is then used to obtain the Philllippines document in Manilla (was on the same day but may now be a 1 day wait).
    Thank you lordna, we have now the UK CNI we just need the Manila version of that CNI and i hope we could have it on the same day of our appointment in UK Embassy in Manila. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi mazza,

I think you'll find that in addition to the CNI all other needed original documents along with a certified true copy of the UK nationals passport page, that personal appearance at the Embassy is not needed.
    It may be useful to consider this and save that extra day in Manila especially as time is limited.

See this very recent forum thread on the same issue:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ritish+Embassy
    Thank you Terpe

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    John got his CNI for just 40mins , check his thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....e-wedding-trip

...after your British bf obtained his CNI from British Embassy you can go straight to your registrars office to book for your wedding date , there will be a marriage seminar but you can choose it on the 10 days interval whist waiting for your marriage certificate to come out.
    thanks sars_notd_virus

Aug 12 will be the appointment in UK Embassy in Manila. hope we could have the local version on the same day so we could apply for the marriage license.

cos he will just be here for 3 weeks and we need to make sure we can have the wedding on Aug 24. but it depends on when the CNI Manila version will be released.

Thanks everyone for your help

Thread Information