Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Family Visit Visa

Good Day to everyone....

Me and my husband would like to invite my sister who is currently working in Dubai to visit us for three weeks this coming October during her annual holiday from work.My husband will be the one to sponsor her since I am not working,do you think it will be the best way?My husband will guarantee all the expenses that she will incur during her stay here in the UK.And also,do you think if she applies on Sept it will be enough time to wait for the result?Thank you very much in advance for all the assistance...

Best regards,
    Classygirl

Quote Originally Posted by classygirl View Post
    Good Day to everyone....

Me and my husband would like to invite my sister who is currently working in Dubai to visit us for three weeks this coming October during her annual holiday from work.My husband will be the one to sponsor her since I am not working,do you think it will be the best way?My husband will guarantee all the expenses that she will incur during her stay here in the UK.And also,do you think if she applies on Sept it will be enough time to wait for the result?Thank you very much in advance for all the assistance...

Best regards,
    Classygirl
    Always tricky with those tourist visa's, however family visits do have pretty good success rates.

Historically the decision making has been quite fast usually just a couple of weeks.
    Given that your sister will take only 3 weeks holiday with you, and given that the visa will be valid for 6 months, I'd be inclined to submit the application a little earlier. Just to allow plenty of time for planning etc and for any issues with UKBA
    processing.
    Recently, the full right of appeal for family visitor applicants has been removed. As yet there's no indication how this has affected the way in which ECO's now review such applications, if any.
    That's the reason I suggest allowing extra time.

Traditionally there were very large numbers of family visit appeals in the 'system' and ECO's were required to 'double-check' all family visit applications falling for refusal to avoid issuing refusals that would be overturned at appeal.

Not trying to cause concern just informing you that changes have been made.

The cost of the visa is low at just £80
    Your sister will be applying through Dubai, usually quick and positive outcomes.

Do some searches here to better understand the documentation you'll need to submit in support of the visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Always tricky with those tourist visa's, however family visits do have pretty good success rates.

Historically the decision making has been quite fast usually just a couple of weeks.
    Given that your sister will take only 3 weeks holiday with you, and given that the visa will be valid for 6 months, I'd be inclined to submit the application a little earlier. Just to allow plenty of time for planning etc and for any issues with UKBA
    processing.
    Recently, the full right of appeal for family visitor applicants has been removed. As yet there's no indication how this has affected the way in which ECO's now review such applications, if any.
    That's the reason I suggest allowing extra time.

Traditionally there were very large numbers of family visit appeals in the 'system' and ECO's were required to 'double-check' all family visit applications falling for refusal to avoid issuing refusals that would be overturned at appeal.

Not trying to cause concern just informing you that changes have been made.

The cost of the visa is low at just £80
    Your sister will be applying through Dubai, usually quick and positive outcomes.

Do some searches here to better understand the documentation you'll need to submit in support of the visit.
    Thanks Terpe for the reply...Do you think there will be a problem if my husband will be the one to sponsor her?I checked on the website about the list of the relatives that could sponsor but I didn't see brother in law on the list.My husband said that it will be alright since she will be staying with us anyway...hope so.And again thanks Terpe for your assistance...best regards...

Thanks Terpe for the reply...Do you think there will be a problem if my husband will be the one to sponsor her?I checked on the website about the list of the relatives that could sponsor but I didn't see brother in law on the list.My husband said that it will be alright since she will be staying with us anyway...hope so.And again thanks Terpe for your assistance...best regards...
    If you (as the family member) are not settled in UK (ILR holder) and/or if you are unable to demonstrate that you have sufficient funding to cover the duration of the visit, then you'll need your sister will need to apply as General Visitor.
    This will be no problem as the requirements are the same.

Brother-in-law is not categorised as 'Family'.

Here's some useful links:-

Can you come to the UK as a family visitor?

Sponsoring a general visitor

Guide to Supporting Documents

Good Luck

The Immigration officer will look at the applicants Finances. The onus is the applicant to prove he/she is financially capable. Don't rely on the sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto_Ko_Na View Post
    The Immigration officer will look at the applicants Finances. The onus is the applicant to prove he/she is financially capable. Don't rely on the sponsor.

This page explains what documents you may need to supply to support a general visitor's application.

The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We might need your visitor to provide:

evidence of your immigration status in the UK; and
    a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the visitor, the purpose of their visit and where they will stay during their visit.

If you will supply financial support and accommodation for your visitor, and/or you will pay for their travel to the UK, they will need to provide:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last 6 months; or
    a copy of your savings account book.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...tor/documents/

example letter of support ..

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto_Ko_Na View Post
    Yes, the ECO will need to be satisfied with all aspects of the application, but sponsors are able to fund.
    There are many many cases where the visitor is financially supported via sponsors.

I have also personally provided sponsorship for visit visa where the applicant has very limited financial resources.

It's not a fair statement to make that only the applicants finances are reviewed and taken into account and may unnecessarily deter readers from making an application

As a worst-case scenario the low cost of the visa (£80) makes a 'suck-it-and-see' approach quite feasible. IMO

If you (as the family member) are not settled in UK (ILR holder) and/or if you are unable to demonstrate that you have sufficient funding to cover the duration of the visit, then you'll need your sister will need to apply as General Visitor.

Good Luck
    Thanks again Terpe for the advice and the useful links....Hopefully,she'll get it without any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

This page explains what documents you may need to supply to support a general visitor's application.

The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We might need your visitor to provide:

evidence of your immigration status in the UK; and
    a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the visitor, the purpose of their visit and where they will stay during their visit.

If you will supply financial support and accommodation for your visitor, and/or you will pay for their travel to the UK, they will need to provide:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last 6 months; or
    a copy of your savings account book.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...tor/documents/

example letter of support ..

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    Thanks Joebloggs for the infos and the links...it will be very helpful for her and for us as well...

[QUOTE=Terpe;445958]If you (as the family member) are not settled in UK (ILR holder) and/or if you are unable to demonstrate that you have sufficient funding to cover the duration of the visit, then you'll need your sister will need to apply as General Visitor.

Good Luck [/

Hi Terpe,I have another question pls...on the list of the family members - one category is that spouse or civil partners father,mother,brother and sister that it means that a brother in law could be consider?I am just confused ...pls enlighten me with this one...thank you...
    UKBA state:-

[B]To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:
    spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
    grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
    spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;
    son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;
    stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
    a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply.

If you want to visit a family member who is not listed above, you should come to the UK as a general visitor.
    No offence intended classygirl, but why do you believe there is any advantage in Family Visitor over General Visitor?

The Family Visitor visa these days is completely in line with all other visitor visa categories.
    In the very worst case scenario that an application is refused, an applicant can immediately re-apply by addressing the reasons for refusal. 95% of applications are decided within 15 days.

The major advantage of Family Visit visa was that of having the right of appeal against refusal.

UKBA state:-

No offence intended classygirl, but why do you believe there is any advantage in Family Visitor over General Visitor?

The Family Visitor visa these days is completely in line with all other visitor visa categories.
    In the very worst case scenario that an application is refused, an applicant can immediately re-apply by addressing the reasons for refusal. 95% of applications are decided within 15 days.

The major advantage of Family Visit visa was that of having the right of appeal against refusal.
    Hello Terpe,because what I thought is that she will have more chance of getting a visa if she is visiting a family member...but as what you have said its completely in line with other type of visa at present then I will tell her to apply for the General Visitor.One more question Terpe,do you think it will be better if my husband will sponsor her e.g. she will stay in our home which we own and he will answer for all her expenses while she is in the UK??She have a good job in Dubai but she doesn't have an impressive bank balance.

Once again,thanks Terpe for your usual good advice..

Thread Information