Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.

Hello all!! frequent in the UK- Manchester area

Hello all! I'm a 27 year old Pinay from Manila but currently living in Cairo. I travel to UK every month to visit my boyfriend and I would like to ask if there are shops around Manchester area that sells pinoy food. Bf and I got engaged last December and due to my work we have postponed the wedding, I'm supposedly to stay here in Egypt for a year but he couldn't take it any longer and wants me in the UK asap. His family are always calling him whenever they hear news about the chaos in Egypt especially his Dad that is worried sick of me living here. This forum really helped us both to understand what are the pros and cons of getting either a spouse visa or a fiance visa. We have both decided that it's time to give up my career for a while (I'm working as a surgical ICU nurse focusing on heart bypass grafts and heart valve replacements) and maximize my UK visitor visa and go back to Philippines to get married. We have booked our Philippines back packing in October, I'm a notorious solo back packer when he met me and so I'm taking him for a taste of how I roam around the Philippines. I will be taking him to Palawan, Romblon, the other parts of Mindoro, Catanduanes, Marinduque, and the Bicol Region. Sadly it's only for 2 weeks and we're heading back to UK.

One question though, I took IELTS Academic last May and got a band score of 7.5. Does the UKBA require either Academic or General Training?

My fiance keeps on telling me that I'm not a typical Pinay, until now I'm not sure what defines a typical Pinay. Hahaha!! I have made a video capping our year of being together- now that's being a Pinay ofc!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GrPCeHtd-4

Cheers!!

Hello FilipinaDiver. Welcome to the forum

We're thinking of doing some of those islands in the autumn; Mindoro, Romblon and Marinduque along with Tagaytay and Boracay (again).

one filipino shop my misses uses to go to has just shut down

there is another http://www.adastrapacific.co.uk/
    we've not been yet thou.

what part of Manchester is your b/f in ?

why give up your job ? maybe you can carry on in the UK.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

hi jamieXXXmaria, thanks!! Good luck to your trip too! I have been to Romblon myself, I went there to dive the 'blue hole'. There are some nice beaches there white as boracay but minus the crowd.

hi joebloggs, he's in Wilmslow. I need to go back home and he needs to get his cni and exchange it to the UK embassy in Manila. They cannot do it here in Cairo and bf doesn't want to do it here too. Deffo, I'm going to continue my career when I get settled in there. Thanks for the reco, will beg to bf to take me there next week!!

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    he's in Wilmslow.
    very nice area

good luck with your wedding and career
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

........One question though, I took IELTS Academic last May and got a band score of 7.5. Does the UKBA require either Academic or General Training?
    For UK entry visa applications leading to settlement UKBA only requires a very basic level (A1) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Speaking and Listening. There is no reading or writing or grammar testing at all.

The minimum level of IELTS (General) is level B1 (score of 4) so already above the UKBA requirement.

You'll find that IELTS Academic at 7 and above are a requirement for many types of jobs related to your area.

.....I have made a video capping our year of being together- now that's being a Pinay ofc!!!
    I just watched your slide-show, good job
    Good memories. You managed a lot together in that year

Hello Terpe, your responses are always helpful. I have bookmarked your thread re which is best between Fiance(e) or Spouse visa and I found it really enlightening. Merci

hi joebloggs, yes I find Wilmslow a very nice area. I believe it's an upscale area famous for its residents next to Alderley Edge. There weren't too many Asians though. Thanks!

Wow - you guys look very happy. Best of luck on your application & have a great holiday.

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Thank you for the Video,wonderful,good luck,for the future and of course Visas.

Really enjoyed watching your video, you look so happy together! Wishing you lots of luck with your forthcoming wedding and visa application

Rosie

highlander01 and Rosie1958- thanks so much! We're very positive that we will nail it as he is also frequently visiting me in Egypt. We're planning of having a church wedding.

sheriel- hi! Thanks! Where in Leyte are you from? I have backpacked there and really loved San Francisco, Maasin and Padre Burgos.
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Thread Information