Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar

Studying Caregiver

I decided that I'm going to study a caregiver course for 6 months before I apply a fiancee visa. I started on 10th of June and will end on 20th of December. I would like to apply as early as I can because of the rules keeps changing but don't know yet if it will affect my application that I lodge while I'm studying, what do you think? I need some advice. Is it easy to find job as a carer in the UK?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    It's quite easy getting a job as a carer, once you are already in the UK. But the main focus you need is to convince the ECO about your intention to come here and that you and your partner have a genuine relationship.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

tbh,, you are wasting your money in paying for that course.. mostly care homes here accept applicants without experience. you see, they provide training and they will offer to help you gain qualification so doing that caregiver course won't really make difference.

with regards to your question if it will affect your application, the answer is no..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Trusted Member
    There are probably more care-giver jobs advertised in the papers here than any other occupation, and as already pointed out, normally no qualifications required.

Trusted Member
    Just one page of several in my free local magazine this week:

One of my in-laws completed a care course in P.I. Sorry to say a complete waste of time as when it finished the only work available was voluntary work, or rather hard work with no pay and was told they had to do it to gain experience.
    You might be better learning some office skills along the line of Pitman courses.

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    tbh,, you are wasting your money in paying for that course.. mostly care homes here accept applicants without experience. you see, they provide training and they will offer to help you gain qualification so doing that caregiver course won't really make difference.

with regards to your question if it will affect your application, the answer is no..
    Too bad I didn't consult here in forum before I enrolled. I will try to ask if I will get my money back if I not gonna cont the said course even not the whole amount bec I'm almost 1 month on that school. Maybe I just try another short courses like in hotel or restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Just one page of several in my free local magazine this week:

Thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    There are probably more care-giver jobs advertised in the papers here than any other occupation, and as already pointed out, normally no qualifications required.
    I think I'm not gonna continue with that course. I'll just find another short courses I think.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    It's quite easy getting a job as a carer, once you are already in the UK. But the main focus you need is to convince the ECO about your intention to come here and that you and your partner have a genuine relationship.
    We are preparing of our docs nxt month and do the tv test before the ielts.

Thread Information