Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Cni

Cni

2 questions:

1) If I get the british verison of the CNI can I then send the CNI to my fiance with authorisation letter and certified true copy of passport and get her to obtain the Filipino version from the british embassy before I get there or is that not possible? Would she then need to make an appointment herself after?

2) I have an appointment to exchange the UK version of CNI for the filipino version at the british embassy. Will they issue the Philippine version same day to me? or next day?

Please clarify. I heard its same day on the same day of the appointment you get the CNI.
    Thanks

Why should you need to send your cni?

To save time.. she can get the local CNI for me whilst im in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemanila View Post
    To save time.. she can get the local CNI for me whilst im in the UK
    according to research on here, most people get their cni exchanged the same day,its possible could be the following day in some cases

Imagine is right you will get it the same day or the next day. The most important thing is leave enough time in your schedule. (What will happen if your CNI gets lost in the post?). Just a thought anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Imagine is right you will get it the same day or the next day. The most important thing is leave enough time in your schedule. (What will happen if your CNI gets lost in the post?). Just a thought anything can happen.

I got an email from British Embassy and they said appointment will be 30 mins and the CNI issued there and then on the same day.

I am sure others can vouch for this to.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Hello.. Thanks for the advice. So the opinion is that it will be granted on the same day. Was just thinking that I could forward my cNI and documents in advance using "DHL" or a similar courier to save time.. wanted to gauge the opinion if anybody else on the forum had done that before. Thanks for the reples

Hello.. Thanks for the advice. So the opinion is that it will be granted on the same day. Was just thinking that I could forward my cNI and documents in advance using "DHL" or a similar courier to save time.. wanted to gauge the opinion if anybody else on the forum had done that before. Thanks for the reples
    I recall a couple of people who did that some years ago. Not sure on the procedure though.
    Things have changed, moved forward and tightened up since then

If you study the Embassy latest information it's really confusing and maybe contradictary.
    Have a read and see what you think:-

The Registrar in the UK, or the Consular Official at the British Embassy/Consulate overseas, will require you to appear personally before him.
    This could mean only applicable at :-

a) Initial CNI application in UK
    OR
    b) Initial application at the British Embassy if no UK CNI is available.

Anyway, the Embassy information later goes on to state:-

For British National applicant born in the UK:
    Original UK passport. If applicant is overseas, a certified copy of the data page; a photostatic or electronic copy of the certified page is not acceptable.
    Now this seems to suggest that if you cannot personally present yourself and passport that a certified copy could be submitted if your overseas.

Given all the changes and the ambiguity of the information I'd strongly suggest asking the British Embassy or maybe the FCO in UK what is and is not allowed.

I'd also strongly suggest getting the reply in writing.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

As others have said, the local CNI is exchanged for the UK on the same day.

Thanks Terpe! Acually I saw a post on filipinouk forum about a member here doing that. but just wanted to check if anyone else had experience of that. This would save time because then we dont have to get married towards the end of my trip but at the beginning of the trip, then we have time to do other things and travel. Thats my purpose to get the Filipino version of CNI in advance.

I exchanged my uk cni for a philippine one whileI waited, about 30 minutes but that was with the British Consulate in Cebu. I don't think the uk have a Consulate there any more, I was told that in Manila you got your local cni the next day, maybe things have improved.

Thanks Terpe! Acually I saw a post on filipinouk forum about a member here doing that. but just wanted to check if anyone else had experience of that. This would save time because then we dont have to get married towards the end of my trip but at the beginning of the trip, then we have time to do other things and travel. Thats my purpose to get the Filipino version of CNI in advance.
    I haven't heard of anyone doing that recently, but can't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible/legal.
    As I suggested why not ask for clarification from the Embassy in Manila and the FCO here in UK

Would be great info to post back here.

Just got an email back from the British embassy. They confirmed it is possible. Need original documents apart from passport which they need certified true copy from my fiance.. will see how that goes but would save time messing about when I first get to manila and means we can get married within a few days of my arrival if everything goes to plan.

Just got an email back from the British embassy. They confirmed it is possible. Need original documents apart from passport which they need certified true copy from my fiance.. will see how that goes but would save time messing about when I first get to manila and means we can get married within a few days of my arrival if everything goes to plan.
    Good job, well done

And thanks a lot for posting the result.
    Very good that it's still allowed, I'm sure that will be helpful for some.

My fiancee succesfully picked up my CNI (1.5 months) in advance of my arrival meaning I dont need to wait around for the marriage license. She can do that herself.

Thread Information