Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

UK plans visa bonds for 'high-risk' Asians, Africans

about time, but if they are a high risk, why let them in at all , they should be interviewed labour were going to do this years ago i think it was going to be a £1,000 bond, the Tories will want £3,000 also why only to over 18yr olds, it should apply to all.

Britain is planning to force visitors from India, Pakistan, Nigeria and other countries whose nationals are deemed to pose a "high risk" of immigration abuse to provide a cash bond before they can enter the country, a report said Sunday.

The Sunday Times newspaper said that from November, a pilot scheme would target visitors from those three countries plus Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Ghana.

Visitors aged 18 and over would be forced to hand over £3,000 ($4,600, 3,500 euros) from November for a six-month visit visa.

They will forfeit the money if they overstay in Britain after their visa has expired.

read more here .. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-plans-vi...1.html#L2Dd02m
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Do you think Philippines would be included in this high risk countries?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Do you think Philippines would be included in this high risk countries?
    the Philippines is not on the list at the moment, but if Filipino's come and abuse the system I'm sure they will end up on it
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    By all means do it for the countries listed, but those seeking to enter the country illegally will continue to do so. They're probably paying more than that to the fixers anyway.

I suppose it will generate a bit of income for the country, but that's about all.

As Graham mentions, those who plan to enter illegally will continue to do so.

it's not about people Entering illegally its about people Staying illegally.

They will forfeit the money if they overstay in Britain after their visa has expired.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

An excellent idea. .it should include all folks requiring visas.
    It's a bond. .like putting money in a non interest savings account, you are going to get the money back. ..if it's going to speed up the process I can see it only as a good thing for both sides.

I'd make it a round 10k bond...it'll show the seriousness of the applicant...
    Or even getting family to put up security in the form of mortgage deeds etc. ..Over the top you think. ..well, measure that against a lifetime collection of the numerous benefits on offer.

If it happens, it won't come a day too soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    An excellent idea. .it should include all folks requiring visas.
    It's a bond. .like putting money in a non interest savings account, you are going to get the money back. ..if it's going to speed up the process I can see it only as a good thing for both sides.

I'd make it a round 10k bond...it'll show the seriousness of the applicant...
    Or even getting family to put up security in the form of mortgage deeds etc. ..Over the top you think. ..well, measure that against a lifetime collection of the numerous benefits on offer.

If it happens, it won't come a day too soon

I fully agree - we are talking about countries here who've taken the p1ss for years and whose nationals are responsible for untold crime, benefit abuse, illegal working and extremism

India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Ghana.

Trusted Member
    I agree.

The majority are coming here for what they can leech out of us, plain and simple.

I would prefer to be charitable voluntarily, not to have it stolen directly from my pay packet.

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Hope Philippines won't end up on this bec I will lodge my Fiancee visa in December or January.

Trusted Member
    Fingers crossed...but I doubt very much it will apply to Fiancee/Spouse visas, as they are applying for settlement anyway.

Banned
    I wouldn't worry unduly as these are rogue/karzi states, even in these times of heightened immigration enforcement filipino overstayers appear fairly rare whereas Stanis, Indians and Bangladeshis are bread and butter for the enforcement teams

My bad, sorry.

It's an idea well worth piloting provided the admin costs work out.

I just wonder whether it will be effective in practice.
    After all, people intent on deception seem to be able and prepared to find money to pay criminal gangs. If they can afford to get say £3000 together it may actually be cheaper for those who would find other entry routes. Lets see.

I'd much prefer to see a bigger effort to tackle the issue at source before they actually arrive here.

Very very unlikely the Philippines would ever end up on this list, neither would Thailand, Brazil etc...........UNLESS some was to scream RAAAACIST and the authorities decided they had to include countries which just aren't a problem full of people who just aren't interested in taking the UK for a ride.

Just like at airports they might decide to take some white granny aside to be screened for terrorist activities, when everyone knows exactly who should be targetted, just so they can step back and say "ah but we aren't discriminating

Trusted Member
    Too right Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Brazil etc.........
    Brazilians don't need a visit visa,
    Mays fault again , more hot air from her
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21759744

Banned
    Brazilians don't need a visit visa,
    Mays fault again , more hot air from her
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21759744
    Probably an oversight - no visas for Brazilians goes back to Labours time - Mandelson's Houseboy is from Brazil

Thread Information