Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Which car?

Which car?

I am going home to Phils in a few weeks and have decided to look for a new car. I already have a Toyota Vios 1.5 but with an expanding family I need more seats and space.

I want an SUV (sports utility vehicle) and have been researching them. My choices are the Mitsubishi Montero or the Toyota Fortuner. Both have 4WD ability, both have good reviews and heritage. But I have not tried or driven either.
    I also want a 4wd because I want to be able to drive where a normal car like my Vios cannot get. I want to explore more, reach more remote beaches and not get stuck.

So if you have lived in Phils or hired a car while there what are your recommendations?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    One of these should do the trick Steve

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    We looked at getting something similar but frankly where we lived they are just too wide for the roads. Don't start me on no street lights , pavements or wildlife. Bought a XTrail in the end although a RAV4 or Vitara are similar sized mini SUV. Prices are ridiculous compared to UK but conversely hold their value. Having a dealer close by is important. Insurance is a lottery, never had to claim though so no experience. Envy can be a problem too, never had an issue driving the multicab.....

I like both the Montero and the Fortuna.. The Fortuna does lack boot space IMO.
    Think we will end up with a Hilux, as the pick up will be more useful to us over all for heavy deliveries etc..
    I take Bololx`s point about narrow roads on Panglao but things are getting much better with the new wider roads being built right round the island.

Thanks for the input guys.

Fred, have you thought about the Mitsubishi Strada, it's very nice looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.

Fred, have you thought about the Mitsubishi Strada, it's very nice looking.
    They are everywhere here Steve..Ive been to the showrooms etc and remained impressed... but there`s something in my head and I just cant get it out..

I know what you mean Fred, the Hilux comes from a strong background. I must say that I am slightly preferring the Mitsubishi for looks (Strada) though.

Thread Information