Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Preparing to move

the past few months iv been cleaning, repairing and preparing for selling my house after which i will be on my way to phil,
    i know advice would be not to sell the house, but i assure you i have considered all options,and this is it,
    i figure to spend my kids inheritance, after all i cant take it with me when im 6ft under, iv grafted all my life and its been one uphill struggle for most of it,life is short who knows whats around the corner, enjoy it while you still can
    if i stay here get old, get put in a home, they take my house, so whats the point of keeping it,there comes a time in life when its time to enjoy the hard earned equity on yourself , and thats exactly what i am going to do,
    i have now recieved my survey and valuation which i am very pleased with,should be on the market by the end of this week,then all i need is a buyer and im off,
    im still figuring some of the documents i will need and studying everything i read here, i copied and saved as much relevant info as possible, i just need to get it all in order,so that im organised when ready, as there wont be much time to get all done once i have a completion date, because doccuments have a limited validity, and that some need my present address and fuel bills etc as proof i will be tricky timing everything right,
    for cni, and basic disclosure etc, plus im not sure whats best for me with money transfers im not sure i feel safe using private money transfer companies for larger amounts

Best of luck to you Imagine ........ I hope that everything goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Best of luck to you Imagine ........ I hope that everything goes well.
    thank you Rosie

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow what an unexpected surprise Stewart, Sincerely hope everything works out for you. I understand exactly how you must be feeling and just remember this is the beginning of the rest of your life and Maritess and I wish you both all the best of luck for your future!

I dont blame you one bit Stewart all the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    the past few months iv been cleaning, repairing and preparing for selling my house after which i will be on my way to phil,
    Eh? ... d'you mean for good? As in ... to LIVE there?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Wow what an unexpected surprise Stewart, Sincerely hope everything works out for you. I understand exactly how you must be feeling and just remember this is the beginning of the rest of your life and Maritess and I wish you both all the best of luck for your future!
    thank you Michael and Maritess,

new life new beginning

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I dont blame you one bit Stewart all the best mate.
    thanks andy

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Eh? ... d'you mean for good? As in ... to LIVE there?
    yup for good, one way ticket so to speak

Just to clarify for you, you will still need an onward ticket. Your airline may well ask you when you check in. Plus you may be asked for it when you arrive in Phils. I booked a ticket online to fly from Clark to Borneo cost 36 quid, so its a very cheap throw away ticket. Good luck to you Think I used Air Asia.

That's a bolt out of the blue Stewart but good luck anyway. Are you applying for permanent residency?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Just to clarify for you, you will still need an onward ticket. Your airline may well ask you when you check in. Plus you may be asked for it when you arrive in Phils. I booked a ticket online to fly from Clark to Borneo cost 36 quid, so its a very cheap throw away ticket. Good luck to you Think I used Air Asia.
    yes i know a one way ticket wont do me any good
    thanks for info on that onward ticket , nice and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    That's a bolt out of the blue Stewart but good luck anyway. Are you applying for permanent residency?
    thanks jamie,
    its not a sudden decision for me though
    i am wanting to apply for the 13a will make life easier

yup for good, one way ticket so to speak
    ... I had been in the middle of watching a TV programme when typing my earlier response, Stewart, but now I'm back.

Oh ... ... WOW! 's certainly a surprise to me! *I hadn't realised you'd been planning to sell~up and actually move to the Philippines. ... but then ... ... I'm clearly *NOT alone in that respect.

I imagine [s'cuse pun ] you've thought long and hard about it before reaching your decision. Guess, then, there isn't much more one can add at this stage, other than for myself - along with the rest of your friends here on the forum - to wish you and Lolita all the very best for your future together.

i figure to spend my kids inheritance, after all i cant take it with me when im 6ft under, iv grafted all my life and its been one uphill struggle for most of it,life is short who knows whats around the corner, enjoy it while you still can
    if i stay here get old, get put in a home, they take my house, so whats the point of keeping it,there comes a time in life when its time to enjoy the hard earned equity on yourself , and thats exactly what i am going to do,
    you've earnt it, it's your money and your new life, all the best with the next chapter

also its easy to waste other peoples hard earned money, so spend it on yourself you deserve it
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Good luck with the house sell Stewart, I hope that goes well as that is the first step. Living in Phils will be great as you already know. Best of luck and enjoy your future there.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

well what great news like everyone before me, i wish you all the luck in the world, best of luck in selling the house and i hope you get the best price you can, just make sure you have checked everything before you leave , see you there soon

Welcome to the club

thanks Arthur, joe, jake, steve and steve

... I had been in the middle of watching a TV programme when typing my earlier response, Stewart, but now I'm back.

Oh ... ... WOW! 's certainly a surprise to me! *I hadn't realised you'd been planning to sell~up and actually move to the Philippines. ... but then ... ... I'm clearly *NOT alone in that respect.

I imagine [s'cuse pun ] you've thought long and hard about it before reaching your decision. Guess, then, there isn't much more one can add at this stage, other than for myself - along with the rest of your friends here on the forum - to wish you and Lolita all the very best for your future together.
    thanks Arthur, yes a lot of time and thought over and over again,its a big decision, a BIGGIE,its the biggest change to my life i will have ever made,i went through all the pros and cons in my head asking myself am i doing the right thing, and thoughts its possible i may not see my daughters again,away from my family and friends,it also comes down to the love and trust i have in Lolita,
    i thought about how it must be the opposite way round, the trust and the Love that gives strength to the ladys here who leave everything behind to be here in uk with their husbands,this itself has given me much confidence to help me on my way, my hat off to you ladys

Sorry Stewart for being late on the news again

I sincerely wish you all joy and luck as you set-off for a new great adventure in the Paradise Islands.
    You found yourself a truly wonderful partner and future wife and I'm confident you'll find happiness and a quiet mind. Who could ask for more.

There are plenty of helpful folks here who have followed that path and you'll get good advice.
    There are also a number of very helpful members living there who'll keep an eye to any 'hitches' that might need smoothing.

There are also some folks who would wish to be doing the same (like me) and we'll be following your lead with interest.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry Stewart for being late on the news again

I sincerely wish you all joy and luck as you set-off for a new great adventure in the Paradise Islands.
    You found yourself a truly wonderful partner and future wife and I'm confident you'll find happiness and a quiet mind. Who could ask for more.

There are plenty of helpful folks here who have followed that path and you'll good advice.
    There are also a number of very helpful members living there who'll keep an eye to any 'hitches' that might need smoothing.

There are also some folks who would wish to be doing the same (like me) and we'll be following your lead with interest.

Well done.
    Thanks
    hope its not too long before i get a buyer for the house

Trusted Member
    What more can I add after all your supportive posts, Stewart, except to wish you all the best and of course will be interested to know of your progress !

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    What more can I add after all your supportive posts, Stewart, except to wish you all the best and of course will be interested to know of your progress !
    thanks Doc Alan

Ah Stewart I'm absolutely delighted for you. I wish you every happiness in the next chapter of your life.
    Your right my friend life is short so I admire you for making the most of it. I have no doubt that Lolita and her family will take good care of you and make you feel right at home.
    Don't lose touch with us here as we'll all be wishing you well and anxious to hear regular reports about the new chapter in your life.

Thanks
    hope its not too long before i get a buyer for the house
    Being fairly acquaint with the area where you live, Stewart - not forgetting its reasonably close proximity to Aberdeen itself - I'm inclined to think you shouldn't have too much difficulty ... IF, indeed, any.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Ah Stewart I'm absolutely delighted for you. I wish you every happiness in the next chapter of your life.
    Your right my friend life is short so I admire you for making the most of it. I have no doubt that Lolita and her family will take good care of you and make you feel right at home.
    Don't lose touch with us here as we'll all be wishing you well and anxious to hear regular reports about the new chapter in your life.
    thanks when the time comes and i am over there i will be logging in my reports here and hope whatever i can contribute of my experiences will benefit others

Being fairly acquaint with the area where you live, Stewart - not forgetting its reasonably close proximity to Aberdeen itself - I'm inclined to think you shouldn't have too much difficulty ... IF, indeed, any.
    well i guess reluctantly i have to thank maggie thatcher for my benefitting from council house sales,
    now that sticks in my throat

well i guess reluctantly i have to thank maggie thatcher for my benefitting from council house sales,
    ME, too ... but ...

now that sticks in my throat
    ... it DOESN'T stick in mine!

After all, mate ... ... WHY the hell should it?

ME, too ... but ...

... it DOESN'T stick in mine!

After all, mate ... ... WHY the hell should it?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information