Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

HELP!!! Spouse and son's UK Visa processing Deferred!!!

Hi everyone! I badly need help! I am in the UK on a tier 2 visa and applied for my son and husband as my dependants. I sent all the required documents to the philippines and they lodged their apps on May 29. On June 12, I received this email:

Dear Mrs XXX

We have commenced the processing of your husband and son’s visa applications. Having assessed the application, the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) requires additional supporting documents, so he may fully consider their applications. We are, therefore, giving you a limited opportunity to provide the following documentation:

- Please confirm if (your employer) are prepared to sponsor your dependants (husband and son). If they are, please provide a letter from them confirming this. If not, then you would need to provide three months worth of your latest bank statments showing that you hold sufficient funds (£600 per dependant).

Please note that you should send these documents within five (5) working days from the date of this notification through any of the following methods:

(a) EMAIL - scanned original documents to Xxxx
    (b) IN PERSON - at the Visa Application Centre (VAC)

(c) FAX - to xxx. Please ensure that you quote your online application number on the top left hand corner of the documents.

(d) POST / COURIER - xxxx

NOTE: Documents exceeding 10 pages must be sent either in person or post/ courier ONLY.

***** I really don't understand because I sent my BARCLAYS ISA quarterly statement to them which has over £3000 and has matured since January which makes it over 90 days! I sent the scanned copies again anyway and asked why it was deferred when i sent my proofe of maintenance funds. But you know they only reply an acknowledgement of email. Now i'm waiting in vain and can't eat and sleep wondering why. Is ISA (individual savings account) not a valid as a proof of savings? Do they want a current account? I really don't know what to think. Also, my bank sends me quarterly statements so i only sent one statement which shows all my transactions from Jan-April then my bank gave me a stamped copy my a printed out bank statement for the month of Apr to May because my next quarterly statement won't be until end of July. PLEASE HELP!!!! Have I done anything wrong?

I can't help with specific advice based solely on what you've divulged.
    I would certainly send ISA statements again. It seems that UKBA have not seen the funding available.

I think that you'll need to send scanned copies due to the very short time given.

Good luck

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I can't help with specific advice based solely on what you've divulged.
    I would certainly send ISA statements again. It seems that UKBA have not seen the funding available.

I think that you'll need to send scanned copies due to the very short time given.

Good luck
    Hi sir terpe! I scanned my ISA again and included a very lengthy supporting letter. Then I received this email: Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

Does that mean they're already approved? Or is that just a message informing us that the documents we received are ready to be collected? I'm really confused and very worried!! Please help! Thank you so much!

Thread Information