Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Ielts level 7 academic nursing

Hi guys my wife who was a registered nurse in the Philippines is now pursuing her career to work in the UK.

She is currently visiting family there and has enrolled in a intense course to reach level 7 which is required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council to enable her to work as a nurse here.

The question I want to ask is has anybody on the forum or people you know been through this and how hard is it to achieve this level.

She is showing on tests she done here in the UK at level 7 on two of the 4 categories and 6.5 on the other 2 so she is almost there.

These were taking at the academic level which is harder but I think after 4 weeks of training she will do it.

Thanks any input would be appreciated.....

yes it can be difficult, my wife had to get 7 overall, anything less than that in any of the categories and she would have to take it again , years ago when my misses took it, if you didn't reach the required grade and wanted to take it again, you had to wait 3 months only to find it was fully booked so you might have to wait another month or so , four months or more wasted but thankfully they scrapped this 3 month wait a couple of years ago

lots of resources online and in book shops

http://www.dcielts.com/

goodluck to the misses in her test
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    hiya! i think shes needs to get atleast 7 on four components if she wants to work as a nurse here.

have a look at this link. http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore...n-for-nurses-/

when it comes to reviews and training, many of our ielts passers here use online reviews, me meself enrolled in a review centre just to be on the safe side.

take a look at this link it might help more. http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_inf...st_sample.aspx

i think she'll be alright as she already got good scores. just a little bit more of a practise on the lower 2. goodluck to her!

I can't give any help with this Mark, but I do offer my support and best wishes of good luck for her success.
    Most people find the listening part really tricky as a lot of attention and concentration to detail is needed.

I'm a great believer in 'where there's a will there's away'.

I'm sure she'll do good. As Novie says, she's really almost there.

Respected Member
    Took the same test last year also academic module. It is really tricky on some parts. that's why she needs to practice and focus. I did lots of writing and have it checked during my review. they taught us some technique and tips on how u can make ur paragraphs longer. On the other subtest like speaking and listening I'm sure it's easier for her because she is there and already exposed to the language. good luck to her.

Thread Information