Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

VISA application list Please Check for us.

Hi guys. Getting ready for VISA application soon after the wedding ( July 17th )
    Please can my friends read and see if we have missed anything off. I plan to send my last statements mid August hoping by then she has her passport; Marriage license copy from NSO and GCC from CFO to be able to apply just before my next statements.

Many thanks
    John

Documents from Sponsor (John).

1) 6 Months Bank Statements.
    2)Wage Slips for 6 months.
    3) (d) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(c) confirming:
    (i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
    (ii) the length of their employment;
    (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
    (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
    (e) A signed contract of employment for the employment currently held.
    (f) Monthly personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 2(c), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

4) Letters of finantial & practical support from my family members.
    5) Letter of support from our church Minister.
    6) Photos of our accomadation & our room.
    7) Dimensions of our room 16.5 mtr Sq confirmed by my father.
    8) Letter from my Father confirming his blessing and permission for us to live there.
    9) Confirmation of how long I have lived here.
    10) My bank Statement that confirms my home address.
    11) Letter confirming my monthly board & lodge payment.
    12) Letter from me to support Angelines VISA application. Including our plans for the future hopes & dreams, children, etc. Plans to arrange part time work if we can find some when she arrives.

13) Evidence of our genuine & subsisting relationship.
    Monthly detailed log from October 23rd 2011.
    Including:
    (a) Emails. (b) Print screens. (c).Mail post. (d) Western union gifts to my love & her family support & maintanence of my wife to be. (e) Skype duration logs.( f) Phone call duration logs. (g) Photos of us and with family for the 3 holidays. (h) Copy of passport stamp pages. (i) Tickets; receipts; hotel vouchers etc. (j) Print screen of chat times on skype.

14) Photos of our wedding, the fucntion, photos next to key building with names. . wedding venue & honeymoon reciepts, ring reciepts, and photo shoots.
    15) Letters from her parents to mine.
    16) My passport certified copy of bio page.
    17) My birth certificate from Births & deaths office, original legal copy.

Applicant's Documents: ( Angeline )
    Evidence of English Language Requirements
    18) (a) Her official grade 5.5; (b)certificate, (c) payment, from IELTS test center Cagayan De Oro.
    19) Her Resume of past employment.
    20) Her birth certificate.
    21) Her Baptsimo certificate.
    22) Other forms of ID.
    23) Copy of her CENOMAR. ( receipts )
    24) Marriage licence from the NSO
    25) Her passport & 2x passport size photo.
    26) VFS online application form printed VAF4A (two copies).
    27) VFS bank receipt for payment of fee
    28) NBI /police clearance certificate
    29) GCC Certificate from CFO. ( receipts )
    30) A letter from Angeline about our love story and her desires & hopes & plans for the future.
    31) TB test certificate.
    32) Letters of support & blessing from:
    (a) Her parents. (b) How close family. (c) Her Pastor & church.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

I dont know what others think John but I think there is more information there than is needed. Im sure terpe and others will put us right.

I think you put too much information; they are not interested in Angeline love story. they are only interested in financial facts and status of your situation here in UK.

Best of luck.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    I think you put to much information they are not interested in Angeline love story. they are only interested in financial facts and status of your situation here in UK.

Best of luck.
    Hiya John I can feel your excitement in the forthcoming visa application also the nervousness in your post.

I agree to a point what Ann1984 has said but I know what its like as I have been through this myself.

As to the love story part, that shows genuine love between the two of you so sorry Ann1984 I disagree on that.

Myself and my lovely wife sent those things in just to show our genuine love and hopes for the future and here we are now together.

I wish you both well for the future and a 100% positive outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya John I can feel your excitement in the forthcoming visa application also the nervousness in your post.

I agree to a point what Ann1984 has said but I know what its like as I have been through this myself.

As to the love story part, that shows genuine love between the two of you so sorry Ann1984 I disagree on that.

Myself and my lovely wife sent those things in just to show our genuine love and hopes for the future and here we are now together.

I wish you both well for the future and a 100% positive outcome.
    I mean is, they are not interested to read about the love story, because they are already married. a good application can be spoilt by giving too much useless information for instance. the photographs of the accommodation could be a photographs of anybody accommodation this is not factual evidence supported by proof. the UKBA is only interested in factual evidence.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    I mean is, they are not interested to read about the love story, because they are already married. a good application can be spoilt by giving to much useless information for instance. the photographs of the accommodation could be a photographs of anybody accommodation this is not factual evidence supported by proof. the UKBA is only interested in factual evidence.
    I totally agree on that but my wifes application was also as a spouse but we must remember even though factual evidence is a must the UKBA also must be convinced that the relationship is genuine and thus showing this in Johns case can only strengthen
    the application

QUESTION:

On the online visa application form it says =On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?=

How will my wife fill this in as how can she know until the VISA is approved?

Many thanks

John
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    QUESTION:

On the online visa application form it says =On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?=

How will my wife fill this in as hwo can she know until the VISA is approved?

Many thanks

John
    Hi john what ever dates she wish to travel, insert that date on the application, UK Border only can decide when she wish to travel.

when I applied for my visa I apply April 24th, 2013 for 4 months and the ECO put my visa march 06,2013 for 6 months.

Best of luck

Hiya John basically my wife put down 4 weeks from when she actually handed in the application form hoping that a quick decision would be made.

The reason for that was that she was actually 26 weeks pregnant at the time so we thought it would rush things along.

We actually received confirmation of the visa after 8 weeks but I believe now straight forward decisions are done within that time frame.

So I woud say put it down within that 4 week period or before because I have heard some decisions have been made a lot sooner.

Good luck Buddy and hope everything works out for the both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya John basically my wife put down 4 weeks from when she actually handed in the application form hoping that a quick decision would be made.

The reason for that was that she was actually 26 weeks pregnant at the time so we thought it would rush things along.

We actually received confirmation of the visa after 8 weeks but I believe now straight forward decisions are done within that time frame.

So I woud say put it down within that 4 week period or before because I have heard some decisions have been made a lot sooner.

Good luck Buddy and hope everything works out for the both of you.
    Many thanks for that

Your welcome.

QUESTION:

Many thanks

John
    Yes John I was going to ask that question it is strange when you dont know when they will look at the application. I think I will put 6 weeks from the date we apply. As for accomodation if no pictures are needed how do you prove the size of the rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Yes John I was going to ask that question it is strange when you dont know when they will look at the application. I think I will put 6 weeks from the date we apply. As for accomodation if no pictures are needed how do you prove the size of the rooms?
    I think the date is fairly arbitrary - we calculated 3 months from our Visa application as looking at processing times we were fairly certain we would have a result at this point...

From an accomodation perspective I submitted a copy of the deeds for the house (you can get a copy online) , a couple of utility bills and council tax bill as proof of address and also the original estate agent brochure for the house which stated the room sizes and included pictures. I also made it clear in the covering letter that the house was wholly owned by myself and that my wife and I would be the only residents in the house.

Hope this helps - we were approved a few days ago so feel free to ask any questions regarding what we submitted and how we submitted it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    I think the date is fairly arbitrary - we calculated 3 months from our Visa application as looking at processing times we were fairly certain we would have a result at this point...

From an accomodation perspective I submitted a copy of the deeds for the house (you can get a copy online) , a couple of utility bills and council tax bill as proof of address and also the original estate agent brochure for the house which stated the room sizes and included pictures. I also made it clear in the covering letter that the house was wholly owned by myself and that my wife and I would be the only residents in the house.

Hope this helps - we were approved a few days ago so feel free to ask any questions regarding what we submitted and how we submitted it.

Steve

I have taken photos of the rooms and put a photo of us in each picture as proof. I have asked my Father to confirm this is our house and the room dimensions and my board & lodge each month, plus my bank statement shows this as my home address.

QUESTION:

Many thanks

John
    Some people will enter a 'short' date indicating they will travel asap (just as Mark mentioned with their 4 week indicator)
    Other people may have a number of reasons to indicate a longer date (say 3 months more in the future) just to allow time without using up visa validity.

The Spouse Visa will be issued with validity for 33 months.
    The important issue is to be sure that 30 months living in UK from date of arrival can be achieved.
    If not then it means paying out for an additional FLR unecessarily

I have taken photos of the rooms and put a photo of us in each picture as proof. I have asked my Father to confirm this is our house and the room dimensions and my board & lodge each month, plus my bank statement shows this as my home address.
    That's a good idea John.
    May I suggest you consider submitting a title register copy (aka title deed). This will show details of the owner(s) such as name and address also a property description and any mortgage details etc.
    This is easily and cheaply obtained online.
    Not everyone submits one it's true, but it's a compelling documentary evidence to minimise risk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's a good idea John.
    May I suggest you consider submitting a title register copy (aka title deed). This will show details of the owner(s) such as name and address also a property description and any mortgage details etc.
    Not everyone submits one it's true, but it's a compelling documentary evidence to minimise risk
    Many thanks Terpe for your advise and help, always appreciated very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's a good idea John.

Hi Terpe, as my dads deeds are over 50 years old we cannot obtain online, so I photo copied the whole lot with my dads address and signature on it, as an A3 document. It should be sufficient it also has the plan of the land and acreage on it.

thanks for all your help. John

Hi John , all the very best for the upcoming marriage and visa application . Myself and Monera are starting to get the evidence ready for our visa application . Could you plz tell me how you printed the Skype duration logs and the chatt times ? Having a few problems doing this !!! and how many logs are you submitting ? we have been chatting every night since august 2011 for at least 4 to 5 hours a night !! They will not want to see all of that !

many thx . Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    Hi John , all the very best for the upcoming marriage and visa application . Myself and Monera are starting to get the evidence ready for our visa application . Could you plz tell me how you printed the Skype duration logs and the chatt times ? Having a few problems doing this !!! and how many logs are you submitting ? we have been chatting every night since august 2011 for at least 4 to 5 hours a night !! They will not want to see all of that !

many thx . Mick
    Mick,

My wife and I recently got our Spouse Visa approved. We submitted Skype screen shots as well as email, YM and Facebook screenshots. These were all submitted as screen shots that I printed off. For Skype I took a screenshot of the Skype Window (the window you use for calling) with calls, duration etc. I submitted three separate screenshots over different time periods. The Facebook screenshots showed photos of our wedding and various visits to a few different places and included pictures with my family when they were across in the Philippines for the wedding. Email I just screenshot my inbox with the list of mails that had been sent to my wife over a couple of separate time periods.

You don't need to go too overboard, a few screenshots from each should be fine.

Hope this helps

Steve

Thread Information