Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Questions on CFO / GCC / VFS / NBI

Hi Guys I shall a number of questions to ask over the next two months, so I will use this thread to keep it in place.

Question 1.

Once my love has obtained her GCC from the CFO she will come back apply for a NEW passport, but also apply in advance and obtain her NBI clearence on the same day. The next step is apply via VFS for her visa once this comes.
    My question is when the VISA comes and she goes to Manila for the CFO sticker on her visa, How long does this sticker remain valid on her Visa?

Many thanks John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

John, with regards to the NBI clearance there is a very small chance your love could end up with a "HIT".

http://www.nbiclearance.com/youve-be...-nbi-clearance

Happened to my sister in law a few weeks ago and it took her another week to get the clearance. Very unlikely to happen though

John there's no expiration on the CFO sticker.
    (The only restriction is that the destination should match ticketing - In which case the CFO will quite happily issue a new one, at a fee of course)
    I'm not 100% sure about the Registration Certificate but I think that's also no expiration

Make sure to double check the details on both the sticker and the certificate if everything is correct.

Do bear in mind John that there are other time constraints involved. That CFO sticker cannot be secured until the visa is valid.
    The visa will issued for 33 months validity and if she does not arrive with the first 3 months she'll end up out of visa sync and will have to pay for an extra one. (not cheap and generally an unwanted pain)
    Also the TB testing certificate is only usually valid for 6 months from date of issue.

Why is NBI clearance needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    (The only restriction is that the destination should match ticketing - In which case the CFO will quite happily issue a new one, at a fee of course)
    I'm not 100% sure about the Registration Certificate but I think that's also no expiration

Make sure to double check the details on both the sticker and the certificate if everything is correct.

Do bear in mind John that there are other time constraints involved. That CFO sticker cannot be secured until the visa is valid.
    The visa will issued for 33 months validity and if she does not arrive with the first 3 months she'll end up out of visa sync and will have to pay for an extra one. (not cheap and generally an unwanted pain)
    Also the TB testing certificate is only usually valid for 6 months from date of issue.

Thanks Terpe for all your help and Jake.

I thought that NBI was a requirment of obtaining a VISA? Am I wrong Terpe? She does however need to apply for a 1st time passport.
    Any advise much appreciated.

Take care John
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

John,
    That NBI clearance may be needed for first-time passport application by DFA

Take a look here - [B]DFA - Passport Application - Documentary Requirements[B]
    Follow the links especially the link to 'List of Supporting Documents'

John,
    That NBI clearance may be needed for first-time passport application by DFA

Take a look here - [B]DFA - Passport Application - Documentary Requirements[B]
    Follow the links especially the link to 'List of Supporting Documents'
    John - I don't think NBI clearance is required for a UK Visa, but I do think it is required for a US Visa. My wife is applying for NBI clearance, it's fairly cheap and easy to do and we thought we might as well as it will be another form of identity and may be useful in the future.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Yes NBI is for passport, but still send it to VFS with your application for Visa!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Yes NBI is for passport, but still send it to VFS with your application for Visa!
    Thanks for the help and advice much apprecited all of you

Take care john

Went for my NBI clearance last week, I've got a "hit" as well but a clear consience. Told me to comeback in 20 days,why so long?

hi mr terpe , my visa is already valid and ill have my cfo next week .. is it ok to book ticket now
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilovez View Post
    hi mr terpe , my visa is already valid and ill have my cfo next week .. is it ok to book ticket now
    Well technically there's nothing to stop you booking a ticket.
    Just be double sure you have time to get your CFO sticker

Have you already attended the seminar ?

Soon be winging your way to 'sunny' UK

Well technically there's nothing to stop you booking a ticket.
    Just be double sure you have time to get your CFO sticker

Have you already attended the seminar ?

Soon be winging your way to 'sunny' UK

not yet i plan to do seminar and get the sticker same day
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

The CFO Sticker.

Question my friends. Does the CFO sticker have a date on it when it can be used to leave the country?
    In other words can my love get her CFO sticker say 3 days before she flys or should she get it and checkto see if there is a valid date for when it starts?

Many thanks

John

From what I understand John your wife has 3 months in which to come here after the valid date on the visa. Yes she can get the cfo sticker 3 days before she departs for this beloved country.. Im sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    The CFO Sticker.

Question my friends. Does the CFO sticker have a date on it when it can be used to leave the country?
    In other words can my love get her CFO sticker say 3 days before she flys or should she get it and checkto see if there is a valid date for when it starts?

Many thanks

John
    The CFO 'sticker' can only be issued to those who:-
    - have completed the seminar
    - have a valid visa (means the visa start date is current)

There's no date or expiry of CFO 'sticker'
    Some folks who have found themselves extremely under time pressures have organised to pick up the sticker from the CFO desk at the airport......just prior to their flight

Respected Member
    Just a small word of warning from our experience, CFO do have the power to decline you if they are unhappy or info/docs are inadequate. This means seminar/sticker is impossible on the same day. It happened to us, we had to return to Bohol from Cebu and collect my wife's mum to attend the seminar again a week later! The fact we had been married for 2 years and living together for three still didn't cut it for the nuns lol.

Thanks Guys.
    She has the GCC aleady so will jsut need her CFO sticker once the visa is approved. I have never heard of any one being refused the CFO sticker

Hi Terpe- I have a question please you mentioned that once the visa is released you have 3 months to travel to the UK, the thing is my sons visa has been approved and the validity is oct but we have decided that he finish his studies until March the he will join us in the uk I will go this December to join my husband and will go back and pick my son this march, what do you mean by "visa sync" and "pay extra one" please help. Because, my sons visa will be 5 months since validity before he will travel to the Uk. Please enlighten us I dint know about this rule till now, is this explained in the UKba website? Please help thanks

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Julie-Tom View Post
    Hi Terpe- I have a question please you mentioned that once the visa is released you have 3 months to travel to the UK, the thing is my sons visa has been approved and the validity is oct but we have decided that he finish his studies until March the he will join us in the uk I will go this December to join my husband and will go back and pick my son this march, what do you mean by "visa sync" and "pay extra one" please help. Because, my sons visa will be 5 months since validity before he will travel to the Uk. Please enlighten us I dint know about this rule till now, is this explained in the UKba website? Please help thanks

Julie
    Hi Julie,
    I think you may have misunderstood.
    The information in my post is related to partner visa (settlement route).

Firstly Julie, let me say that a visa holder may travel and enter UK at anytime during the visa validity. There is no mandatory 3 month restriction on entry.

It's just that the initial partner visa is issued with 33 month validity.
    Visa FLR(M) renewal application (for second 30 month period) must be made just before 30months living in UK
    Eligibility for ILR is 60 months which means ONE FLR(M) application after 30 months then
    after the second period of 30 months in UK the ILR application may be made
    So if the arrival to UK is delayed by more than 3 months, then it means applying for and paying for an extra FLR(M) visa.

Solely from a cost perspective is better to avoid needing more than one interim FLR.
    Just that.

Hope that clarifies

Filling in my VAf 4A finantial requirements. I am able to help my wife with this and fill it as PDF and print it off in nice type. Is this ok? As it says use blue or black pen or should I just ask her to copy it in pen instead?

Many thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Filling in my VAf 4A finantial requirements. I am able to help my wife with this and fill it as PDF and print it off in nice type. Is this ok? As it says use blue or black pen or should I just ask her to copy it in pen instead?

Many thanks

John
    Sorry guys I bump this again.. just need some answers and appreciate all your advise

I would make it out in pdf and send it as a eamil to your wife and get your wife to print it out her end then fill it in.

Personally John I can't see any objection to what you propose ........................but it's not my personal opinion you need, nor anyone's personal opinion. This is UKBA we're talking about and a life changing application form.

If I was in your place I'd follow exactly what others have done and fill out the form by hand in black ink.

It might sound crazy but why take any risks no matter how insignificant or silly they might seem.

Just my 2 centavos

If somebody here knows the definitive answer they'll hopefully step up soon.

Thanks Andy & Terpe I will prob send her the PDF I filled in and she can copy it in pen

My wife now has her TB screen certificate, she had 10 am appointment but got there at 9am so they did it then!
    I got my works contracts sorted and letters from my employer all sorted also so will send them over 14th Nov with last bank statement Its getting nearer

Well done John heres wishing you all the best.

Thread Information