Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Japanese visit Visa

Has anyone had any experience getting a Japanese Visa. My Wife and I are considering visiting Osaka and will need a Visa for her (and for me I think) to visit.. from what I have read it's not an easy process..

Any experiences and how we go about this would be welcome..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Has anyone had any experience getting a Japanese Visa. My Wife and I are considering visiting Osaka and will need a Visa for her (and for me I think) to visit.. from what I have read it's not an easy process..

Any experiences and how we go about this would be welcome..
    As a UK citizen no visa is needed, On arrival at Japanese immigration you'll get 'stamped-in' for a visa free stay of 90 days

A Philippine Citizen will need to secure a visit visa before travelling. The visit visa is normally granted for up to 90 days maximum

Best to review the Japanese Embassy website for a full liost of needed documents but from memory I can say you'll need proof of UK residence status, supporting letter stating reason for the visit and an itinerary outline (when visiting, where visiting and where staying)

I'd recommend including details of marriage to a UK citizen and that you'll be travelling together, settlement status, employment status and the usual bank statements.

The process is very straightforward and it's normally not a difficult visa to secure when resident in UK
    Normally no appointment is needed but better to double-check before going as it's getting peak-time now

The Japanese Embassy in London is nicely located a very short and easy stroll away from Green Park Tube station.
    Have a nice snack in Green Park then just wander a few mins through the Park to Buckingham Palace.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As a UK citizen no visa is needed, On arrival at Japanese immigration you'll get 'stamped-in' for a visa free stay of 90 days

A Philippine Citizen will need to secure a visit visa before travelling. The visit visa is normally granted for up to 90 days maximum

Best to review the Japanese Embassy website for a full liost of needed documents but from memory I can say you'll need proof of UK residence status, supporting letter stating reason for the visit and an itinerary outline (when visiting, where visiting and where staying)

I'd recommend including details of marriage to a UK citizen and that you'll be travelling together, settlement status, employment status and the usual bank statements.

The process is very straightforward and it's normally not a difficult visa to secure when resident in UK
    Normally no appointment is needed but better to double-check before going as it's getting peak-time now

The Japanese Embassy in London is nicely located a very short and easy stroll away from Green Park Tube station.
    Have a nice snack in Green Park then just wander a few mins through the Park to Buckingham Palace.

Hope that helps
    Thanks Terpe - helps a lot. We hopefully should be in London in a few weeks and will follow this up. Not sure the snack in Green Park will be appropriate though, won't our summer be finished by the end of this week ?

Thread Information