Hi all

This is a bit of bad luck but thank heavens nobody was hurt
Can you imagine how worried I was?

I have just found out that they brought in buses to take Olivia to General Santos Airport which is about 3-4 hours away. My only hope is that Olivia can get to Manila in time for her flight tonight?

As they have now shut Davao down for about 24 hours or so while they do some investigations

Regards Louis & Olivia

=================================================
DAVAO CITY-- More than 3,000 passengers are stranded on Monday at the Davao City International Airport which has been shut down, following the skidding of an aircraft late Sunday.

Frederick San Felix, airport area manager at the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), said "normal" operations are expected to resume by 8 p.m. after the aircraft is removed from the side of the runway.

On Sunday, Cebu Pacific flight 5J-971 missed the runway upon landing in Davao City, 7:05 p.m. All 166 passengers, including four crew and two pilots, were accounted for.

As a result, more than 80 flights in and out of the city have been stopped, San Felix said. Those flights transport "more than 3,000 passengers" daily.

"We have to wait for the investigators. I don't want to speculate as to what caused the accident," San Felix told reporters in a briefing.

The aircraft, an Airbus 320 which was part of the airline's latest re-fleeting, undergo examination by a team from CAAP Aircraft Accident Investigation and Inquiry Board, which arrived at noon.