Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Need advise

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Need advise

Hi I am married to a British man and we have child. I am now separated from my husband .i am granted Permanent visa due to DV rule.but I want to give our marriage another chance as he promise he will make things right this time.will this affect my visa if I will come back to live with my husband? We are not divorce yet.can I still apply for British citizenship? How long before I could apply for citizenship? Hope you can give me advise.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pink lady View Post
    Hi I am married to a British man and we have child. I am now separated from my husband .i am granted Permanent visa due to DV rule.but I want to give our marriage another chance as he promise he will make things right this time.will this affect my visa if I will come back to live with my husband? We are not divorce yet.can I still apply for British citizenship? How long before I could apply for citizenship? Hope you can give me advise.thanks
    What does ''DV'' rule means?? is it domestic violence ? have you been given permanent residence because of this? you said you want to come back to your husband who is abusing you , for the reason he will make it right next time?? sorry but i think people who abuse partners has got brain problems and i wouldnt thought he could make it right next time, probably you'll be abuse again next time you come around near him, if you worry about just the citizenship i think you will be eligible if you hold a permanent residence here, have you got any job at the moment?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Promises promises.

A Leopard doesn't change his spots.

Now is your chance to stop being a VICTIM.

Stay away and worry about citizenship later.

Why is it more important than being abused ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink lady View Post
    Technically, whether you are actually living with your husband or not makes no difference to the 3 year living in UK rule as a spouse. Means you may apply citizenship once the 3 years is reached.
    If you were to be divorced you would need to wait 5 years of living in UK

Means there's no advantage to move back with your husband on that issue.

I also support the views of others in terms of the relationship. If not for your own sake, then you owe it to your child not to risk putting them in such an unpredictable environment. IMHO

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Pink Lady Just follow the advice of more experienced members and you won't go far wrong, Good Luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Welcome to the forum Pink Lady Just follow the advice of more experienced members and you won't go far wrong, Good Luck!
    Welcome here Pinklady. If you got the best interests of your child at heart, do not go back to an abusive partner. .it won't ever change. .you took the courageous step in making the break, which must of been one the hardest things you've ever done.

Please don't don't go back and betray yourself and loved ones.

I would put thoughts of British Citizenship on the back boiler. .be it 3 years or 5 years, it's irrelevant.

This is all assuming DV Ruling means domestic violence. ..otherwise their will be much egg on faces.

Cheers
    Mark

Abusive partner especially physical abuser doesn't deserve a second chance.

Thread Information