Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

New here.. Need help

Hi I'm Dais from the Philippines. I applied for Taught Master's MBA in Swansea University but I'm still waiting for the decision. While waiting for their reply, I want to collect all the documents that I need for Student Tier4 Visa Application.

I have few questions, my parents are both British citizens. Are they valid to serve as a financial sponsor? We will be also staying with them. They are currently paying mortgage of a house in Neath west Glamorgan.

As for maintenance fund, is property title under my mother's name can be used?

Any advice would be a great help.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by djjd View Post
    my parents are both British citizens.

Thank you!
    So why don't you have British passport? then it is not a problem
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    So why don't you have British passport? then it is not a problem
    Both of them are born Filipino citizen. But after years in living in UK they take the exam, If I'm not mistaken they are naturalized British citizens (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Mom become British citizen 2009 while my father last January.

I was born in Swansea, in the hospital next to the University in Singleton park.
    It's a nice place to study and the Gower is a great place to explore at weekends.
    Good luck with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by djjd View Post
    Hi I'm Dais from the Philippines. I applied for Taught Master's MBA in Swansea University but I'm still waiting for the decision. While waiting for their reply, I want to collect all the documents that I need for Student Tier4 Visa Application.

I have few questions, my parents are both British citizens. Are they valid to serve as a financial sponsor? We will be also staying with them. They are currently paying mortgage of a house in Neath west Glamorgan.

As for maintenance fund, is property title under my mother's name can be used?

Any advice would be a great help.

Thank you!
    Hello there Dais, welcome here.

As a first step please take a look at this very short UKBA video called 'Guide to UK student visa'

Concerning your question about maintenance funding, in principle the answer is yes, your parents can be providers of money. However, you'll need to submit supporting documentation showing relationship and their permission to use such money.

There's are conditions and you should take time out to review the UKBA webpage called Adult students - Tier 4 (General) - Your Money
    Please be sure to follow the links, especially those at the bottom of the page

Also please do take time to read and understand the UKBA policy document here called Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance
    Take particular notice of the funding requirements etc.

Assets such as equity in property does not normally waive the requirement for monetary funding.
    You may need to do some homework.

Hope that helps

thank you! That sounds exciting

Quote Originally Posted by HumanAfterAll View Post
    I was born in Swansea, in the hospital next to the University in Singleton park.
    It's a nice place to study and the Gower is a great place to explore at weekends.
    Good luck with your application.

Thank you Terpe! Such a great help.Yes I've been my researches months now. But still Im

Do you think I need to show lots of money?Accomodations are readily available for us since we will be leaving with my parents.

Im really worried in the pocess of visa application.

Thank you againy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hello there Dais, welcome here.

As a first step please take a look at this very short UKBA video called 'Guide to UK student visa'

Concerning your question about maintenance funding, in principle the answer is yes, your parents can be providers of money. However, you'll need to submit supporting documentation showing relationship and their permission to use such money.

There's are conditions and you should take time out to review the UKBA webpage called Adult students - Tier 4 (General) - Your Money
    Please be sure to follow the links, especially those at the bottom of the page

Also please do take time to read and understand the UKBA policy document here called Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance
    Take particular notice of the funding requirements etc.

Assets such as equity in property does not normally waive the requirement for monetary funding.
    You may need to do some homework.

Hope that helps

Thread Information