Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Car Camera - Well worth having in the UK

We have a car camera which I installed in Marvie's car just in case something happens. It records upto 4 hours history on a continuous loop and as you can see is pretty good. We've had it since last year, but this is the first time we've actually downloaded anything interesting from it.

nearly jumped out of my seat when Marvie screamed.

Does it film the outside as well?

Have often thought about purchasing a dashboard camera as i drive long distances in the Philippines on a regular basis. Always have a camera in the car just in case. Touch wood never had to use it and covered over 60,000 km last year.

In both our newer cars we have cameras for reversing. Why do car companies not introduce something similar to the dashboard camera?

Seems everyone has one in Russia.

seen these on youtube there are lots that try to con car drivers into giving money least one ot these car cam s will save you money and blame in a accident am looking at getting one from ebay around £20 or less

Could see them becoming very popular with Taxi Drivers.

Trusted Member
    Also nice for petrolheads to record their fun.

This is the same car as my last one:

Respected Member
    Good one graham, perhaps I'll post my dash from work one day... That's always a heart racing drive.

Here is one of my other videos from last year, perhaps a little boring at 5 minutes but done for my nephew and his friend when I took them out.

Respected Member
    He i used my new dash cam rather then let the lads film it might have come out better.

I have one ready to go in the car next time I get home. Can buy all sorts here in China and for about a tenner and up. Well worth it really, just for piece of mind in someone knocks you and tried to wriggle out of it.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    More exciting uses too.

My friend racing his TVR Tuscan V8 racer at Silverstone last weekend.

He's about the same age as me, but also refuses to grow old gracefully.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    More exciting uses too.

My friend racing his TVR Tuscan V8 racer at Silverstone last weekend.

He's about the same age as me, but also refuses to grow old gracefully.
    That looks fun, wouldn't mind being a passenger in a race like that, but haven't got the bottle for being the driver lol.
    Last edited by Terpe; 18th May 2013 at 18:12. Reason: tidy up quote

Trusted Member
    His car is a 'B' class (restricted to 300bhp at the wheels, but only pulling around 800kgs).

The 'A' class cars ahead of him range between 4-600bhp....in the case of the Chevy Corvette-powered TVR Sagaris.

Could see them becoming very popular with Taxi Drivers
    They are becoming more common,we have a slight problem regarding filming of passengers as this can be deemed to be a bit dodgy esp with kids in car or an illicit couple
    Think they are allowed now as long as it's continually written over.

Respected Member
    Ricky - I'm surprised more people in the Middle East don't use cameras. Probably because they don't get punished by their insurance companies for accidents like in the West?

I've just bought a Dashcam for Rose's new car. She's doing a lot of miles now and it will help if the worst happens. I told her not to tell any other party in an incident that they are on film as they may try to nick the SD card.

TVR - nice. Those 'slower' Tuscans still lap faster than a BTCC car. Scarey fast.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Ricky - I'm surprised more people in the Middle East don't use cameras. Probably because they don't get punished by their insurance companies for accidents like in the West?

I've just bought a Dashcam for Rose's new car. She's doing a lot of miles now and it will help if the worst happens. I told her not to tell any other party in an incident that they are on film as they may try to nick the SD card.

TVR - nice. Those 'slower' Tuscans still lap faster than a BTCC car. Scarey fast.
    The problem is that here justice isn't always fair, because of my work if something happens I can flash my ID and things are normally resolved. Although when we had a total loss accident last year in the back and beyond, they had to get in a police officer who ranked higher then me from the neighbouring town to discuss the situation with me over coffee and dates. But my biggest concern is Marvie in the car alone, particularly when I'm out of country.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    The problem is that here justice isn't always fair, because of my work if something happens I can flash my ID and things are normally resolved. Although when we had a total loss accident last year in the back and beyond, they had to get in a police officer who ranked higher then me from the neighbouring town to discuss the situation with me over coffee and dates. But my biggest concern is Marvie in the car alone, particularly when I'm out of country.
    At least you have Wasta. Imagine how it is for mere mortals!

A Carabinieri in a Pajero drove into the back of my TVR in summer 2004 during an Alpine sortie. Not too much damage luckily, but it was fun discussing the accident report in a nearby café with the Polizzi who gave the Carabinieri guy a lot of hassle - they were all nice guys, looking super cool in their sunglasses.

Thread Information