Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Finally!!! Got my Finality!!!

Hi Everyone!

When my annulment decision letter was passed to me in March, I jumped for joy only to be disappointed after a few minutes when I called NSO to order CeNoMar. Found out that it was not over yet. That a decision 'null and void" was no use unless you get this "finality" document.

Today, I got my annulment's finality. Submitted it to the local civil registrar. Will come back for it next week. Who knows what's next?

am I right to celebrate now? Is this for real? Am I really free now to be my Sweetheart's wonderful wife-to-be? Please say yes!

<jumping up & down!!! yipeeeee!>

... 'fraid I haven't had any personal dealings with either divorce or annulment proceedings ... but it's very likely other members will be able to advise.

... failing which, why don't you simply wait until your next visit to the local Civil Registrar when, hopefully, you'll be able to find out for definite.

Good luck.

Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... 'fraid I haven't had any personal dealings with either divorce or annulment proceedings ... but it's very likely other members will be able to advise.

... failing which, why don't you simply wait until your next visit to the local Civil Registrar when, hopefully, you'll be able to find out for definite.

Good luck.
    I did as you adviced Arthur Little! Guess what?

I got the documents from the Local Civil registrar. Certification, Authentication, Certified true copy of Finality, ceritifed true copy of the Decision! I guess this is it?

Am I really free now? It's been a long, long, long wait! I hope this is really it now.

My Sweetheart greeted me Happy Independence Day hahaha!

Thank you, Terpe!

Weeks ago, I was so worried and confused. This time, it is looking better and very promising.

Cheers to all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    I did as you adviced Arthur Little! Guess what?

I got the documents from the Local Civil registrar. Certification, Authentication, Certified true copy of Finality, ceritifed true copy of the Decision! I guess this is it?

Am I really free now? It's been a long, long, long wait! I hope this is really it now.

My Sweetheart greeted me Happy Independence Day hahaha!
    Hello Dann,

I am very happy for you.I know the feeling...You are free now...did you contact the NSO again? The Local Civil Registry Personnel tells you about the next step after you got those papers?
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.
    Memories are sweet, cherish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjie View Post
    Hello Dann,

I am very happy for you.I know the feeling...You are free now...did you contact the NSO again? The Local Civil Registry Personnel tells you about the next step after you got those papers?

Hi Arjie,

Yes the local civil registrar gave me 3 sets of documents that I need to bring to my city of residence's local civil registrar and it should take 3 to 5 days processing (keeping my fingers crossed on that 3 to 5 days) and from there, I've got to take it next to the NSO's legal division and then wait at least 3 more weeks. If all this instruction and information I have been given is correct then I think I can fairly say I have been through the worst now and these little things I need to do are nothing compared to the longest wait I have just been through.

Did you go through this too or know someone who's been through annulment recently? Thank you for sharing my joy! I could not sleep last night hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post

Did you go through this too or know someone who's been through annulment recently? Thank you for sharing my joy! I could not sleep last night hahaha!
    Yes, i did.but,mine was Recognition of a Foreign Divorce..It was difficult, because after i got the finality,I went to the local civil registry they gave me 8 sets of documents,they said to me i had to go to The Civil Registry in Manila and I gave them the 5 sets of documents and etc. waiting time 10 working days to get my Certification from them and my stamp documents and I went to the NSO Quezon Avenue to submit my legal documents from the Civil Registry in Manila for annotation of my Marriage Contracted Abroad,waiting time:20 working days i think. When i received the documents from the N.S.O i was very very happy.That Finally my divorce was recognise in the Philippines..I will never forget that feeling.

But anyway,If you order a CENOMAR,they will give you a Advisory of Marriages and you can see your previous marriage with annotation:void or annulled(not sure)..Mine was annotated:with Foreign Divorce Decree.

The N.S.O will issue a CENOMAR to a person that never been married.
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

Banned
    Congratulations on your new found freedom. ..enjoy the fresh air.

Good luck
    Cheers
    Mark

The N.S.O will issue a CENOMAR to a person that never been married.
    Hi, Arjie.

I understand I will never be able to get a CeNoMar now but a marriage cert that has annotation from NSO. That would be good enough, right? I mean I am now single and can get married?

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you gWaPito

Cheers!

Hi, Arjie.

I understand I will never be able to get a CeNoMar now but a marriage cert that has annotation from NSO. That would be good enough, right? I mean I am now single and can get married?

Thanks for sharing.

Yes that's right,once you can get your marriage certificate that has annotation from the N.S.O.You are 100% single and you can get married.
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

Yes that's right,once you can get your marriage certificate that has annotation from the N.S.O.You are 100% single and you can get married.
    Arjie, this is the coolest message I have ever received! Thank you thank you thank you!

Arjie, this is the coolest message I have ever received! Thank you thank you thank you!
    Your are very welcome Dann, Which city you from?
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations and good luck for the future DAnn

Thread Information