Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Passport advice for our baby please

hi guys, hope everyone is well on here, this might be a stupid question, but anyway my wife and I plan to take our daughter to the Philippines in November to meet my wife's side of the family,our daughter was born September here in England, we plan on going to the Philippine Embassy in London soon to renew my wife's passport and register the birth of Lucitta and also register our marriage, my question is finally haha when we apply for lucitta's passports does she get 2 passports British one and a passport for the Philippines. is it that simple to apply for both? anything I should look out for as I will apply for both passports if its that simple. Thanks guys

Banned
    I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. .your baby was born in UK so will only get a British Passport. .the only one eligible for duel nationality is your Filipino wife, as and when she becomes British Citizen.

I'm surprised your haven't registered your baby's birth before now as your are eligible for child benefit.

To register your baby's birth you go to your local registry office.

Hopefully nothing misleading here as per disclaimer on this forum

hi gWaPito thanks for your reply,yes we registered lucys birth here in England and claming benefit already, meant to say register her birth with the Philippine embassy,been reading the embassy site unless I got the wrong end of the stick I really thought we would get two passports glad I asked the question now lol. so I can still register her birth at the embassy? or do you just do that if both parents are from the Philippines and the baby was born here? even the mrs thought lucy would have 2 passports we live and learn

Banned
    Definitely not duel nationality for your baby. .that would of been only possible if your baby was born in The Philippines.

As for registering baby at Phil embassy. .I've no idea.

Your wife could take your baby to Philippines and stay indefinitely without baby having a Phil passport. .also when you return back to UK your wife will only be charged a fraction of the departure charge. .all good news Dean

I am not an expert on this, but as far as I know, your child is eligible for a British and Philippine passport.

thanks again gWPito I should word it better haha,just looking on the embassy site it just says about report a birth. I guess theres no harm in filling the forms in and taking them with us. as for taking our baby one day we will settle there.will just look at the pros and cons for lucy as she gets older.i could sit and do nothing allday

Hi Jake thanks for your input, im no expert either,thought after the finacee visa and flr paperwork wouldn't have to worry about any more paperwork lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dean081171 View Post
    hi guys,hope everyone is well on here, this might be a stupid question, but anyway my wife and I plan to take our daughter to the Philippines in November to meet my wifes side of the family,our daughter was born September here in England, we plan on going to the Philippine embassy in London soon to renew my wifes passport and register the birth of lucttia and also register our marriage, my question is finally haha when we apply for lucitta's passports does she get 2 passports british one and a passport for the Philippines. is it that simple to apply for both? anything I should look out for as I will apply for both passports if its that simple.thanks guys
    Hi Dean Welcome to the Forum

..yes i think you can register the birth of your child with the Philippine Embassy in London because i assume your wife Lucy is still a filipino citizen at the time of the birth of Lucita (baby) ??

please read:
    http://philembassy-uk.org/faq/can-i-...ippine-embassy

...I dont think there is a need for PH passport for baby Lucita , if she got the British passport that is sufficient enough to go in and out of the Philippines.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

thought after the finacee visa and flr paperwork wouldn't have to worry about any more paperwork lol.
    ...there is more to go next step is ILR
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Hi Jake thanks for your input, im no expert either,thought after the finacee visa and flr paperwork wouldn't have to worry about any more paperwork lol.
    Wouldn't stress over the remaining ILR, British Citizenship and British Passport. It's just formality now. You've done the hard bit getting her visa from the Philippines. ...it's just a case now of form filling, collating the appropriate documents and last but most important, the money to pay for it all

Thread Information