Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Spouse visa plus our baby daughter.

Dear all

Can anyone advice?

My wife is soon to apply for her spouse visa to come to the uk (once the English test is passed!) Our baby daughter is nearly 6 months. Does she apply for both herself and a daughter on the same visa form? Is it the same price?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Are you the father of the baby? Are you British? If she's your daughter and you're British, your baby is considered British. But you need to get her a British passport from the British Embassy as soon as possible (search in this forum how to obtain that). Your wife would then be applying for a visa for herself alone.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Yes - absolutely! Even if you do not intend to bring your baby (which, I believe is crazy not to take the baby with her) -- you must include the baby with the application. Also, your baby is entitled to British citizenship -- so, you should hav the birth certificate brought to the British embassy and register the birth. You will have to look for Brits to certify the photograph of your baby. DO THIS right away!
    Your wife needs only an equivalent of CFR Level 1, but that is going to change by October 2013. There are unlimited review for IELTS in one of the Niners Review Centers. Very cheap! But do not delay. The New Life in the UK test is quite a nightmare!!! I have seen it for another niece of mine and I believe even Brits will have difficulty passing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Magandanglola View Post
    Yes - absolutely! Even if you do not intend to bring your baby (which, I believe is crazy not to take the baby with her) -- you must include the baby with the application. Also, your baby is entitled to British citizenship -- so, you should hav the birth certificate brought to the British embassy and register the birth. You will have to look for Brits to certify the photograph of your baby. DO THIS right away!
    Your wife needs only an equivalent of CFR Level 1, but that is going to change by October 2013. There are unlimited review for IELTS in one of the Niners Review Centers. Very cheap! But do not delay. The New Life in the UK test is quite a nightmare!!! I have seen it for another niece of mine and I believe even Brits will have difficulty passing it!
    Hi there Magandangola, you're welcome here and many folks will appreciate your support. But please do not post serious advice that is completely incorrect.
    Please think carefully about the impacts of giving people information that is not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Magandanglola View Post
    so, you should hav the birth certificate brought to the British embassy and register the birth. You will have to look for Brits to certify the photograph of your baby. DO THIS right away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there Magandangola, you're welcome here and many folks will appreciate your support. But please do not post serious advice that is completely incorrect.
    Please think carefully about the impacts of giving people information that is not appropriate.
    I agree, support is fine, but we deal with facts so that no-one is misled.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Yes I am the father. She is five months. Is it too late to apply for British citizenship for my daughter at the embassy?

My wife unfortunately just failed the ielts. Looking to book hopkins as I believe it is slightly easier. Will apply for visa in August.

So if I can't get a British passport for my baby, my wife can apply on the same visa form for no extra cost?

Trusted Member
    No, it's not too late to have your baby registered with the British Embassy.

She will then be recognised as a British Citizen (because YOU are British) and entitled to her own British passport. Obviously then no visa required to enter her own country.

I think that should be your absolute top priority. She has a right to her citizenship of a first world country, and all the future advantages that will afford her.

Incidentally, if money is short, it (should) be much cheaper to arrange a British passport for your daughter, than to pay for a visa...and probably quicker too.

thanks.

My daughter already has a Filipino passport. Will this affect things?

Trusted Member
    No.

It will just mean that she will be a 'foreigner' in her own country.

Personally I would get her a British passport. I believe She can have both, but you need to check on that.

In the meantime, you need to be googling dual passport for child, or similar wording, then look at the government sites for each country of interest.

All the answers are there.

Others here will also be able to give you further advice, so keep looking in.

The process to get your daughter the British passport is relatively easy as long as you have the required documents. You will need the C2 form and a couple of UK standard photographs of the child, hospital scan photos and receipts etc etc . It can take up to 8 weeks to get the passport returned, but in the case of my son it took only 4 weeks.
    I can't remember the cost, but certainly it's going to be cheaper than applying for a different visa and she has the right to be British and all the advantages of our country

Thanks for your help.

I'm flying out in two weeks. I will go to the embassy with my wife. I can fill the passport form in at the embassy?
    If I bring my daughter, I don't need to bring the passport photos?

Quote Originally Posted by criddle2012 View Post
    Thanks for your help.

I'm flying out in two weeks. I will go to the embassy with my wife. I can fill the passport form in at the embassy?
    If I bring my daughter, I don't need to bring the passport photos?
    Of course you need passport photos... you need the completed form and all the documentation, there is a C2 information sheet too so read that for further information. Do not go there to 'fill it in' as they are too busy to wait for you and it is not a 5 minute thing. Go prepared with everything you need, prior to going there.
    One of the passport photos needs to be countersigned by somebody of moral standing in the community so come on do it right or face wasted trip.

Banned
    Hi Criddle. ..happy times ahead! .Advance congratulations!

sorry misunderstood your last message. Was double checking.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Hi Criddle. ..happy times ahead! .Advance congratulations!

Thanks ... my wife and baby should be in Wiltshire by October!

Banned
    Lovely Just in time to prepare and celebrate Christmas.

Hi Criddle,

sorry i am late in replying to this. I am in a similar situation to you. My son PJ was born in the phils last June, I am British and so he is entitled to the British Passport. My fiance Jen has an appointment at the British Embassy in Manila on 11th June. The appointments now are done on a click and book system on the website, and it was about 5 weeks for the first available appointment. A first time application has to be made in person, although the baby does not have to go also (which is a relief as Jen and PJ are hundreds of miles from Manila)

It costs around 8800pp for the passport. There is a lot of documentation required to support the application, so you need to be careful to include it all.

woow !! where in Wiltshire??
    follow the advice of SteveR post no. 10 ..good luck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

My daughter has a UK passport now. So thanks everyone for the advice. Applying for the visa next week. Hopefully they will join me soon in sunny Swindon!

Banned
    My daughter has a UK passport now. So thanks everyone for the advice. Applying for the visa next week. Hopefully they will join me soon in sunny Swindon!
    Congraulations Criddle...hopefully we'll be experiencing an Indian summer by the time they arrive here..our only chance of a ''sunny Swindon''

Thread Information