Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Update On Family Life

Hi Everybody. I am sorry i have not been posting that often but it's been a hectic few weeks, since my wife and kids arrived.

First things first. We applied for my wife's National Insurance Number. We have just received it today. It took about 4 weeks to come. She did not need an interview. Just a number to phone, and then a few forms to fill in. So she can legally work now.

I have had a bit of a battle trying to get my Children into the local School. I had to appeal as there was only one place for my 6 year old. Not for my 7 Year old. I appealed on Friday at the local Town Hall. I received a letter on Wednesday it was overturned. My Children start School on Monday. It's a really nice School. My Local MP helped me a lot. She has been by my side since the Visa process started back in June. She really is a star.

My wife's confidence is lacking a bit. She is very shy. And i am struggling to get her out of the house and mixing with other people. That will most likely change now the kids are at School. I am still working nights and still a lot of hours.

My wife has met a Filipino lady who runs a shop in our local Town. So she has a few friends now. I turn the big 50 on the 28th May. So we are planning a little night out around that weekend.

I hope all our members are well and in good spirits. The visa's seem to be coming in strong. That's great news to hear. The weather hopefully will be nice soon also.

Keep well guys. Keep you all posted as my wife's journey to UK continues.

Sheldon

Glad to learn you've all settled down a little. Don't be too concerned about the trials you're all still facing, the family is together and a strong unit for it.
    It will take time for your wife to 'find her feet', it's a really big change from life in the Philippines.
    Always step-by-step is the sure way.

Best wishes to all for a bright future

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    Hi Everybody. I am sorry i have not been posting that often but it's been a hectic few weeks, since my wife and kids arrived.

First things first. We applied for my wife's National Insurance Number. We have just received it today. It took about 4 weeks to come. She did not need an interview. Just a number to phone, and then a few forms to fill in. So she can legally work now.

I have had a bit of a battle trying to get my Children into the local School. I had to appeal as there was only one place for my 6 year old. Not for my 7 Year old. I appealed on Friday at the local Town Hall. I received a letter on Wednesday it was overturned. My Children start School on Monday. It's a really nice School. My Local MP helped me a lot. She has been by my side since the Visa process started back in June. She really is a star.

My wife's confidence is lacking a bit. She is very shy. And i am struggling to get her out of the house and mixing with other people. That will most likely change now the kids are at School. I am still working nights and still a lot of hours.

My wife has met a Filipino lady who runs a shop in our local Town. So she has a few friends now. I turn the big 50 on the 28th May. So we are planning a little night out around that weekend.

I hope all our members are well and in good spirits. The visa's seem to be coming in strong. That's great news to hear. The weather hopefully will be nice soon also.

Keep well guys. Keep you all posted as my wife's journey to UK continues.

Sheldon
    Hi Sheldon,
    Reading your item reminded me of what we had been through, and forgotten, nearly 3 years ago now. If your wife finds a little job that will help her mix with others and gain in confidence. Good luck to you both.Don't forget to keep all those letters addressed to you both throughout your time here ready for when you apply for ILR. Time goes quickly!

Great stuff, good to hear about the school thing, that can be a nightmare for anyone. Especially good to hear your wife has started to make friends, that's a big help

Wishing you all the best Sheldon & your dear family.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Way to go.. Your mp must be good. A labour one at that. Mine is useless.

Thread Information