Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hello, I'm Marian

Hi,

I'm Marian , 27 yr old, from Manila.
    I'm engaged to my British boyfriend and wondering I you guys can help me.
    We are planning to have a civil wedding in London this year then church wedding next year (in the Philippines), and I need a visa for that.
    We are working in the same company and supporting the same account. He found me in Organizational chart when my boss from UK introduced the Manila Team.
    Hes been to the Philippines twice this year.

Will be ok if someone can share some knowledge on how I can have the fiancee visa or the settlement visa? (specific documents that we need to submit - from my Fiancee and from me).

Thank you so much.

Trusted Member
    Hi Marian, and welcome to the forum.

You've definitely come to the right place for guidance and accurate advice, plus a friendly lot of 'experienced' members.

Can I suggest you first read this thread, and then when you have time, explore the rest of the forum ?

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-a-Fiance-Visa

Any more questions, get back to us, but bear in mind it's bed time for most here now.

Thank you Grahamw48.

Hi,

I just want to clarify about this condition:

- evidence that you intend to marry or register your civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)

since we dont have the exact date yet cos we need to wait for the visa to be approved, what evidence or documents does we need to provide? Is it something from the civil registry need to provide? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    Hi,

I just want to clarify about this condition:

- evidence that you intend to marry or register your civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)

since we dont have the exact date yet cos we need to wait for the visa to be approved, what evidence or documents does we need to provide? Is it something from the civil registry need to provide? Thank you.
    It's actually impossible to prove an intention, and likewise no concrete evidence can be provided. Even receipts for a wedding dress and ring do not prove an intention.

UKBA don't say much about this but anyway for completeness here's what they do say - What evidence is required of marriage arrangements?

At first sight it appears that it's not at all helpful. In a way that's deliberate.

To be honest it's very closely connected to the relationship itself and if the ECO believes it's genuine and subsisting

If they believe the relationship is genuine then they usually believe a marriage will take place.

Of itself, any kind booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.

However the ECO can reasonably expect that couple will have made some tentative plans for the wedding.
    Any evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements have been discussed / shared or are in hand will help in this respect.

Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans:-

- Where and when
    - Rings, dress, cake, catering, reception
    - Guests, invitations
    - Any quotations relating to wedding arrangements (just demonstrates that the couple have some intention)

Also try to establish a communication chain between you and the registry office inquiring about setting a wedding date.
    Give them when you intend to get married and they will tell you that you both physically have to be there to set a date.
    Reply back for instructions and info and they will email you back a price list and what you have to do. Could all be done by e-mail

Hope this gives some ideas for you.

Hello, Marian ... to our friendly website and all the best with your plans.

Banned
    Thank you grahamw48.
    Hello Maz Welcome to the friendly FilipinoUk forum. .all the above is good advice...and going by what you've stated so far, it shouldn't be a problem. .you are both working so money shouldn't be an issue.Good luck

Hi Marian. welcome to the site.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome Marian

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I'm starting now to get the documents and pictures that i need for the visa. Just waiting for my fiancee to send his docs. We really wanna be together. He's actually worried that I might got bored in UK cos he knows about my lifestyle here in the Philippines, career, family and beach. But I know I wont as long I'm with him. hehehe

Thank you all. will read more about UK culture in other links in this site and everything I should know about UK.

Hi,
    One last question, for the English proficiency. Do I still need the take the IELTS even if I finished 4 year college degree? I just wanna save money cos IELTS can cost Php8000.00 Thank you.

Thank you all for your help.

Hi,
    One last question, for the English proficiency. Do I still need the take the IELTS even if I finished 4 year college degree? I just wanna save money cos IELTS can cost Php8000.00 Thank you.
    There are quite a number of different test you can take that are approved by UKBA.

It doesn't need to be IELTS.

Here's the latest UKBA listing Here's the latest UKBA listing

It is technically possible that your qualification might be accepted by UKBA but you'll need to enter into quite a convoluted process to secure that exemption and additionally it will cost quite a sum of money to verify.
    Sadly, very few courses from the Philippines are reconised at the required level.
    Despite the inconvenience and costs associated with this English Language test, I suggest to you that you're best advised to just go ahead and do the test. But it's your choice.

Good luck

Thank you Terpe.

I'm checking IELTS site now to know what should I do. I think it would be better to take IELTS instead since I'm also planning to take my Masters Degree and IELTS is one of the requirements. Thank you so much.

Thread Information