Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Inquiries about CIVIL PARTNERSHIP VISA

Good day. I am a Filipino living in Bangkok, Thailand. I am currently handling student visa here. Biologically, I was born as a male but I act like a real female. I have been with my English boyfriend for 2 years. Two months ago we registered for Civil Partnership in Hanoi, Vietnam and we successful tied the knot. Hence my partner is back in England right now, we decided that I will be going for a holiday this summer. I am confused what appropriate kind of visa I needed as our civil partnership is concern. Is TOURIST VISA (6 months) would be a good step to enter in the kingdom? What are the requirements needed in applying for tourist visa? Please advice. Thank you so much.

Hello scorpionlady, welcome here

If your intention is to visit your partner and the UK for just a short period (maximum 6 months) then the visa for that will be Family Visa under the General Visit Visa requirements and conditions.
    The major issues would be convincing UKBA that you do not have any immigration intention, that you will actually leave the UK and return home before your visa expires and that there are compelling reason for you to return home.

If your intention is to come to the UK permanently as a Civil Partner for settlement, then the visa would be Family Settlement Application for Partner.
    The major issues here would be meeting the UKBA Financial Requirement in terms of the Income of your UK partner(sponsor) currently this principally means having an annual income of £18,600

Hope that helps you.

Take a look here for details of a Visit Visa

Take a look at this forum thread for details of a Partner Settlement Visa
    All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Hallo again

Thank you so much Terpe for your immediate response. This is really a great help for me. I just have one concern, if i will be applying for settlement visa do I need to apply in my country of origin (Philippines) or I can apply here in Bangkok, Thailand since I have a valid visa (student visa). I dearly appreciate your help. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionlady View Post
    Hallo again

Thank you so much Terpe for your immediate response. This is really a great help for me. I just have one concern, if i will be applying for settlement visa do I need to apply in my country of origin (Philippines) or I can apply here in Bangkok, Thailand since I have a valid visa (student visa). I dearly appreciate your help. God Bless
    As long as you are legally resident in Thailand for more than say 6 months you should be good to apply there.

That's perfect thank you so much.

Thread Information