Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) summer's Avatar

to use an agency or not?

Hello there! Me & my fiancee are planning to apply for spouse visa after d wedding on june and he told me to use an agency which will help me to avoid refusal and get my visa approved more quickly. Anyone knows a genuine agency that u can recommend for me? I saw some on d net and Visa Po Agency sounds genuine and promising. Does anyone heard about Visa Po? Do i really need to use an agency? I dont know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by summer View Post
    Hello there! Me & my fiancee are planning to apply for spouse visa after d wedding on june and he told me to use an agency which will help me to avoid refusal and get my visa approved more quickly. Anyone knows a genuine agency that u can recommend for me? I saw some on d net and Visa Po Agency sounds genuine and promising. Does anyone heard about Visa Po? Do i really need to use an agency? I dont know what to do
    I used MANILA VISA , in makati try to search there website ! They are so nice ! But still its up to you both ! Goodluck

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by summer View Post
    THIS IS NOT TRUE! No agency would be able to process your visa quickly and would give you more chances of approval! The decision would be based solely on your documents that you'd submit. You don't need to use an agency. Most applicants here didn't use an agency and their visas were approved (including me). Search here in the forum all the things that you need to know regarding spouse visa. I'm sure folks here know more than any agency that could offer you. YOU & YOUR FIANCEE are the one who need to gather all the documents anyway, the agency will just compile and submit it for you.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    THIS IS NOT TRUE! No agency would be able to process your visa quickly and would give you more chances of approval! The decision would be based solely on your documents that you'd submit. You don't need to use an agency. Most applicants here didn't use an agency and their visas were approved (including me). Search here in the forum all the things that you need to know regarding spouse visa. I'm sure folks here know more than any agency that could offer you. YOU & YOUR FIANCEE are the one who need to gather all the documents anyway, the agency will just compile and submit it for you.
    Totally agree with this. .

Don't ever think that an agency will avoid refusal. Plenty of folks here used an agency and got refused.

As Rayna said, your supporting documents determine the outcome.

If you and /or your husband have complex circumstances that are challenges to making a compliant application then a properly qualified UK immigration advisor can help.
    Alternatively, if neither yourself nor your husband has time to understand the process, then again a qualified UK immigration advisor can help.

If your application is straightforward you don't need an agent.

Good luck whichever route you take.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Agree maam rayna! When i found this furom i had a regret coz we just wasted the money we spend in the agency before! I realized that im still the one who gathered all my documents! ;(

Please keep searching here and dont waste money .. Goodluck

Banned
    Many "agents" are spivs and cowboys

its frighting thinking all the paperwork that you need but beleive in what people say, do it yourself, lots on here to ask if you are stuck, but you will save lots of money doing it this way

Hi Summer you've actually found the best place to help with your application and it's totally free. Have a good read of the forum and all the advice you need is here and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Just do it on your own as the agency are just after your money. They always say there is no refusal just for your you to be attracted and get their service. I did all my applications, as long as you have all the required documents then you will be fine.

DO NOT USE AN AGENCY

We used an agency called Olvis mainly because my (now) wife wanted someone to help her who spoke her own language. BIG MISTAKE, These people do absolutely nothing, add no value except their fee and almost jepordised our application with their complete lack of knowledge. These agencies have no idea about UK law so why use one from the Philippines. Immigration agencies here are regulated i believe making it easier to choose one here in the UK if you still feel you need one. However its not needed , you can get all the help you need on this forum.

agency or not, it is still you that gathers all the paperwork,so why pay them for doing almost nothing makes sense to just do it yourself,
    and with the help from a great bunch of forum members here

fully, with the views expressed by the other respondents so far ... and, while I wouldn't necessarily go as far as branding most agencies "cowboys" ... many ARE inclined to overcharge their clients for information that has, time and again, fallen well-short of the excellent guidance provided by the likes of our OWN extremely knowledgeable experts, namely: Terpe and Joe Bloggs.

Newbie (Restricted Access) summer's Avatar
    THANK U FOR ALL D REPLIES! this forum really helps

Don't use an agency if you feel you need help why not hire or employ family or friends to help with the legwork and of course use this site for advise.
    The wife used her aunt for helping her visit the cfo and other agencies while she used her siblings and cousins for help with filing, copying
    Keep the money in the family :-D

Thread Information