Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

just wondering...

I was invited to visit an agency to have a consultation of my papers, free so I grabbed it. The manager said the rest of the papers are ok except the Appendix 2 as we got to have a category D the savings as my husband is not salaried base. He's got some shares so we filled out the category D combined with other income... The manager of the agency said that they are the ones who make letters,(if we want to ask assistance) I bet the invitation which she said they can do well ... well everybody can do in a simpler way the way my husband did. She mentioned about the letters explaining the assets, ( the other income like shares, mortgage, investments etc.) by the way, is the lumpsum can be one of the asset or could be combine to the savings to get the 18600? I am just wondering why that manager said they can make letters coz as far as I can see in the Appendix there are no much space if you want to explain except on the page 13 that u can say whatever you want. Does it need to have a letter explaining how did u get the required amount? Knowing that there are statements and letters from the company explaining what you got from their company. Are letters really matters because as to what I recall agency is 80k. The questions in the form are short and self explanatory what more the agency can do? Thank you!

Banned
    I'd be wary of dealing with any leech like agency

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    You and your husband can include a letter explaining in detail about your husband's savings, properties and any other finances. It would be helpful in your application to let the ECO/ECM understand better the financial documents. BUT, you don't need an agency to do that. That agency you talked to just wanted you to avail their services to get money from you. You don't really need any agency. Most of the members here who got their visas didn't not use any agency (myself included).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

beejudge, have either you or your husband reviewed the Category D of UKBA Financial Requirements ?

In principle the objective is not to show savings of £18,600 in place of employment income, but to show savings ABOVE £16000

As an example. Without any other means of income the amount of savings needed to secure a spouse visa would be
    £62,500 minimum.

Or, just as example, with savings of say £40,500 there would still need to be extra income from somewhere to meet an additional shortfall minimum of £8,800
    Since your husband is not employed, then he would need sources of non-employment income which can be counted towards the financial requirement shortfall of £8,800 such as:-
    - Property rental.
    - Dividends or other income from investments, stocks and shares, bonds or trust funds.
    - A maintenance grant or stipend (not a loan) associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research
    - Pension

Hope this helps you.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    beejudge, have either you or your husband reviewed the Category D of UKBA Financial Requirements ?

In principle the objective is not to show savings of £18,600 in place of employment income, but to show savings ABOVE £16000

As an example. Without any other means of income the amount of savings needed to secure a spouse visa would be
    £62,500 minimum.

Or, just as example, with savings of say £40,500 there would still need to be extra income from somewhere to meet an additional shortfall minimum of £8,800
    Since your husband is not employed, then he would need sources of non-employment income which can be counted towards the financial requirement shortfall of £8,800 such as:-
    - Property rental.
    - Dividends or other income from investments, stocks and shares, bonds or trust funds.
    - A maintenance grant or stipend (not a loan) associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research
    - Pension

Hope this helps you.

hi Terpe, Thank you so much for that very informative info yes like you said we have reviewed the Category D, He has 30 thousand plus in his bank so since he need more he presented his shares and to add for the requirement he used his endowment assurance and he has got 67,000 for the category D. Is it good enough? he has statement on his shares and supporting documents, as raynaputi said You and your husband can include a letter explaining in detail about your husband's savings, properties and any other finances.I bet I failed in this matter but we still have time, still got the supporting documents with me till next week. Thank you.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    You and your husband can include a letter explaining in detail about your husband's savings, properties and any other finances. It would be helpful in your application to let the ECO/ECM understand better the financial documents. BUT, you don't need an agency to do that. That agency you talked to just wanted you to avail their services to get money from you. You don't really need any agency. Most of the members here who got their visas didn't not use any agency (myself included).
    thank you so much, I try to discuss it to my husband to make a letter, well yes I am not convinced with the agency, never. I did my end just myself I know Manila , awe do it together but of course my husband he did what he can do in his end so no need of assistance from agency, that made me realized I need to be part of this site as I could share to experienced and expert. Thank you gurl.

Thread Information