Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Manila Airport Hotel to Embassy

Hi Guys can you advise me of the estimated cost of taxi from Manila Airport Hotel to Embassy?
    Also can you advise of how much time I must allow to get there for 9:30 am.
    would it be better to hire a taxi for a few hours say 4 hours as my love as a TB screen afterwards.

Many thanks

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

I would say p600 for a taxi from airport to embassy. Personally I would not hire a taxi for a few hours. There are lots of taxis that roam around the embassy. Its not like here John you dont have to book a taxi in advance. Just wave them down.

Should cost you around 300 pesos from the airport. Use a white taxi and make sure he switches on the meter.

How long it should take really depends on the traffic that morning. I could do that trip easily in under an hour one day and the next it could take me 2 hours.

As for hiring a taxi for a few hours it will involve negotiating a price before you start the intial journey. They are plenty of taxis passing the British embassy if need to get another taxi.

I think john you will find a hotel closer to the British Embassy, because the traffic in manila it can be very bad and sometimes at a stand still.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Respected Member
    You will be in the airport and obviously no white taxi in the arrival unless you will go up to the departure which is too complicated esp if u have languages, get the yellow taxi we call it airport taxi and the meter would start at 70 pesos thats their minimum but at least you know you are safe and not too expensive. From the airport to taguig where the embassy is located more or less 300-500. There are airport cars/taxi not to mention companies but their minimum is expensive and they are not metered base. From the embassy get a white taxi and it wont cost you much going to the TB test thats around Makati.Hiring a taxi is good idea least u safe but costly.

......and make sure you have change for the taxi, else they will claim they cannot change a 1000 peso or 500 peso note to try and keep the change

Trusted Member
    Just go upstairs to departures at the airport (it's easy enough...ask someone to direct you if need be) and get a white taxi that's just dropped someone off. I do it every time.

Yes, also remember to insist the meter is used.

Hail another (white) taxi later.

Thank you guys for all your advise much appreciated as always

I think we will stay at Manila Airport hotel and allow 1.5 hours to get there and any delays for the 9:30 appointment.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thread Information