Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Hi all! Filipina from Kuwait

Hi everyone! I am from Philippines and currently working in Kuwait, my fiance who is also a filipino is in the UK. We are now in the process of completing the requirements for my application, i have several questions and would appreciate some advice

- our grandparents are neighbors, my fiance lived with his grandmother that time while me and my family would often visit my grandparents hence, he was able to see me and play with me. We were 6-7 yrs old back then. After several years, his family moved to another city and that made us grow apart. We made contact again and renewed our friendship thru facebook last nov.2010. Please let me know if we should still state this in the cover letter (sponsorship letter) as we do not have any evidence like photos to prove that we are childhood friends.

- As i have mentioned, i am currently working in Kuwait, should i submit also my certificate of employment and bank statement? what if my balance is not stable I am afraid it would affect my application

Thank you in advance!!!

Hello Kathrina, welcome to the forum.

As a first step please read this forum thread - All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa

You'll find all the basic information needed.
    You'll need to establish the immigration status of your fiance meets UKBA requirements, together with the financial requirement.

Once you have a better understanding of the principal requirements you'll be in a much better position to ask specifc questions related to your own personal circumstances.

By the way UKBA are not at all interested in your employment or financial position. The application is dependant upon the status of your fiance for employment, finances, accommodation and immigration status.

Hi all! Filipina from Kuwait

Hi everyone! I am new in this forum! Any help here would be appreciated! Let me first introduce myself, I am from Philippines but currently residing and working in Kuwait, I am now in the process of completing the requirements for fiance visa application. My fiance is also a filipino and a UK citizen. I just want to know if I should also submit my employment certificate and bank statement, what if my balance is not stable, im afraid it would affect my application.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

Kathrina, I have merged your two started threads as they are essentially duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathrina View Post
    .................I just want to know if I should also submit my employment certificate and bank statement, what if my balance is not stable, im afraid it would affect my application...
    As the applicant to a settlement route visa you are not required to submit any details about your employment or your finances unless your have savings that are eligible to be used as part of the Financial requirements.

Please do review the link I provided in post #2

Thanks terpe for your help!

Nice introduction, Kathrina.

to our friendly online community.

Hi everyone!!! After preparing the documents for almost 6 months i finally got my fiance visa last tuesday!! yeyyy!!! massive thank you to everyone and a big invisible hug!!!! Reading the forum posts helped me alot in preparing the required docs! yeyyy!!! I applied last July 5 and got it last July 23, total of 15 working days! Anyway, I just have a question and i hope you guys can help me with this as i have already asked VFS Kuwait and I got a reply that they cant advise me on this matter, as you know im currently working here in Kuwait, i just want to know if I can go to Philippines first before going to UK. Will there be any problems as my visa is issued here in Kuwait and im departing in the philippines? Regarding my visa info i got a MULT (Number of entrees) and validity is from July 18 2013 to Jan 18 2014.

Thank you!

Kathrina

Thread Information