Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: newbies

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Cool newbies

Hi,
    Im new here. Excited to meet friends and hope anyone could help me on questions on working in UK.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by JC Ruse View Post
    Hi,
    Im new here. Excited to meet friends and hope anyone could help me on questions on working in UK.

Regards,
    Hi there JC and welcome aboard

You'll surely find plenty of like minded friend here.

You chances to work in UK depend hugely on whether or not you need a working visa.

If you need a visa then I'm very sorry to have to say that the route you're aiming for is currently almost impossible.

Non-EEA citizens normally need to apply for positions that are listed on the Shortage Occupation List here.
    If the job is on the shortage occupation list then an employer can offer the job to an overseas person without having first fulfilled the Resident Labour Market Test by advertising the vacancy in the UK.

May I suggest you bookmark the Shortage Occupation List and set aside some time to review any changes that happen from time to time. Could be positive.

Again, just for your information here is the UKBA webpage called "Working In The UK"

Sorry it won't help you to secure a UK job right now, but at least it may help a little in your understanding of the tough UK immigration rules.
    Good luck

Welcome to the forum, just to add a word of warning to your search for work in the UK, but there are many SCAMS going around. These include very realistic offers from agencies and even from families telling you they need you, but all SCAMS. Unless you fall into the shortage category, there is not chance of getting a job here. NEVER PAY ANY MONEY in the promise for a working visa. IT IS A SCAM.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by JC Ruse View Post
    Hi,

Regards,
    here to our friendly, online community. But - as has already been mentioned - in the light of the harsh realities involved in finding work in ... BEWARE of the assorted, unsolicited job offers abounding on the worldwide web as well as a plethora of those advertised through other devious sources; MANY of which, invariably turn out to be [literally] a "ruse"!

And NEVER, , under any circumstances, part with money.

Hi terpe!
    Greatly help your advice and words. I really want to go to UK for my dreams and i know its a toughest act to do.

Hope i could.
    Thanks

Steve.r

Thanks so much!
    Is
    There any way i could do be able to get there? Im planning to work and study for masters in nursing? Any thoughts bout this?

Thanks a lot

Arthur Little

Hi
    This forum really help me to answer my questions. Any advice what are other options in getting there? If there's any

To work in UK/Europe is really my plan. Study, travel and learn the culture pushes me to do so.

Hoping big

Thank you so much

It is good to try to follow your dreams, but seriously, do not get fooled into parting with any money in return for a visa. If you are offered something do a simple google search, ask here and be very careful. We see so many people scammed by fantastic offers, crazy money and work conditions. If anything sounds too good to be true... then it probably is a scam.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information