Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How to take pushchair with us on vacation to Cebu

Me and my husband and our newborn or going to visit family this September we want to know how we can take our quinny buzz push chair with us
    We are flying with ethihad baggage allowance it says is 30kg
    Any ideas anyone how to get it there and back unwreaked

we used to go usa all time with kids the buggy is not counted as luggage you take it with you to plane door and they put it in the hold and its taken off at other end ok we never had one damaged all the time we used one we even had buggy for 4 kids we had 3 lol get a strap to hold it closed when folded too
    Last edited by hawk; 21st April 2013 at 09:03. Reason: forgot someting

Respected Member
    As Hawk mentions, you just take it with you to the plane door, then they put it in the hold. We've done this several times to the Philippines and will probably be doing it again in September. Never had a problem.

But you might want to consider whether you want to be "lumbered" with a big pushchair while travelling around the Philippines. It will depend on where you're going, who you're with, the age of your baby, size of your pushchair, etc. We've found that the pushchair is great for malls the more decent streets. However, if you venture onto rough roads, beaches, remote provinces, etc. you might find the pushchair more of a hindrance. Might be worth considering a baby carrier?

have a look on mother care for different baby carriers and slings

http://www.mothercare.com/baby-carri...efault,sc.html

Trusted Member
    Yes, as described above.

In the UK...in the Phils:

Attachment 8071Attachment 8072

I agree with the above post. This is what my wife does too. We have 2 buggies, one is a uk standard one, so strong construction the other a lightweight, but have been on flights, but sometimes easier with a lightweight one depending on where you are going.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    The airlines normally allow you one pushchair and one car seat per child, free of charge. When I moved to the Philippines, I was flying on my own in KLM business class with 8 suitcases and decided to try it on by bringing two LARGE buggies (really big offroad 3 wheel fancy things) and two car seats. They called over the KLM station manager at Humberside, and eventually conceded that I was within the rules, despite not having any children with me at the time.

The better airlines like Etihad and Qatar wrap the buggies in plastic at the departure airport (including Manila surprisingly).

So seriously, its no hassle. As other posters pointed out, some airlines (NOT ALL) will allow you to take the buggy all the way to the gate, and will take if off you at the gate and then provide it to you again when you arrive, but others don't do this. If I recall correctly, Etihad has complimentary buggies for use in Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    'The normally allow you one pushchair and one car seat per child, free of charge. When I moved completely to the Philippines, I was flying on my own in KLM business class with 8 suitcases and decided to try it on by bringing two LARGE buggies (really big offroad 3 wheel fancy things) and two car seats. They called over the KLM station manager at Humberside, and eventually conceded that I was within the rules, despite not having any children with me at the time.
    The better airlines like Etihad and Qatar always wrap the buggies in plastic at the departure airport (including Manila surprisingly).

So seriously, its no hassle. As has been said, some airlines (NOT ALL) will allow you to take the buggy all the way to the gate, and will take if off you at the gate and provide to you again when you arrive, but others don't do this. IIRC Etihad has complimentary buggies for use in Abu Dhabi.
    Good post and info

Thread Information