Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Muslim History Should Be Included In School Syllabus.

Faith campaigners have called on the government to include more Muslim history in the national curriculum, as a way of engaging young Muslim pupils, and educating non-Muslims about the contributions of the Islamic world to science and philosophy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3070107.html

Banned
    April Fools Day was 2 weeks ago

Trusted Member
    Oh gawd, whatever next ?

Howabout 'engaging' (detestable expression) people born here with the REALITY of living in a 21st century 1st world country ?

This is all part of the inexorable breakdown of OUR British culture and traditions.

Drip drip drip.

The pestilent minority nibbling away at the foundations of the interests of the MAJORITY population.

B.....ks to that

I thought it already was.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Faith campaigners have called on the government to include more Muslim history in the national curriculum

... what NEXT??

You couldnt make this up

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

"At the same time non-Muslim children will grow up believing that Muslims have contributed nothing of value to Britain or indeed human civilisation"
    ... so what?? Neither they have ... they're and they've been responsible for creating nothing but trouble!

pathing the way ready for a muslim britain

I am against this too. I am not a huge believer but respect those who have views. But like Graham has said it is a slow drip drip drip by the few to the masses. I can remember when I was at school we had a real 'old school' master who could make the bible stories sound exciting and fun, but after he retired we had a 'new age' type of teacher who was Jewish. From that day on I turned off. He forced the Torah down our throats and even made us have to remember and recite different passages of the text and I remember him getting really angry at a lad who refused to do it. He even took us to 'his' synagogue 40 miles away in a bus, just so we could see him praying. From that day on it turned me against faith, but I still remember the stories from our first master, and therefore the moralities of the text. I really do not see that teaching more Islam history is the best for those who don't want to know about it.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I still stand by what I said a long time ago. Mosques should never been allowed to be built in this country.

Trusted Member
    Will the various barbaric punishments currently on offer by Sharia law be included in the childrens' 'enlightenment' ?

Will a detailed explanation of muslim male attitiudes towards the status of women be forthcoming ?

Will an explanation be given for their wonderful prophet's marriage to a 9 year-old girl ?

Their attititude towards us 'Infidels' ....not considered fit to engage in marriage with a muslim ?

least there is one good thing,if u r a muslim you can claim for that extra bedroom you have,saying its a prayer room will render you exempt from paying bedroom tax!

shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I still stand by what I said a long time ago. Mosques should never been allowed to be built in this country.
    Bloody hell Andy we agree on something at last
    My view was also that every time a 'bombing' or terrorist act occurred in Uk then I would like to see 10 mosques removed

there is nothing wrong in researching muslim history, infact without many of their past inventions we would not have much of todays technoligy ,thats fact, research if you dont agree,

but this and muslim religion should not be part of uk school education,

its sad to say but we are already on our way to become a muslim run uk

i agree with andy and les, Mosques should never been allowed to be built in this country.

and for every time a 'bombing' or terrorist act occurred in Uk then I would like to see 10 mosques removed

i find it beyond understanding why while at the moment they are a minority, do we give them all they ask, and turn a blind eye to their ways

Im afraid to say it but if we try and close a mosque now we will have world war 3 on our hands.

Im afraid to say it but if we try and close a mosque now we will have world war 3 on our hands.
    if it was up to me,,, i would say go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post

I really do not see that teaching more Islam history is the best for those who don't want to know about it.
    DEFINITELY NOT ... I slam it!

I thought it already was.

So did I !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I am against this too. I am not a huge believer but respect those who have views. But like Graham has said it is a slow drip drip drip by the few to the masses. I can remember when I was at school we had a real 'old school' master who could make the bible stories sound exciting and fun, but after he retired we had a 'new age' type of teacher who was Jewish. From that day on I turned off. He forced the Torah down our throats and even made us have to remember and recite different passages of the text and I remember him getting really angry at a lad who refused to do it. He even took us to 'his' synagogue 40 miles away in a bus, just so we could see him praying. From that day on it turned me against faith, but I still remember the stories from our first master, and therefore the moralities of the text. I really do not see that teaching more Islam history is the best for those who don't want to know about it.
    We wont have any choice it will be forced on us. And anybody who disagrees with our kids being taught it will be fined. You can bet on it.

Respected Member
    Some unbelievable opinions on this thread! How can someone say that "Muslims have never contributed anything to human civilisation? How about windmills, parachutes and coffee? And it's just absurd to say that Mosques shouldn't be allowed to be built in this country. People should be free to peacefully practice whichever religion they choose and if they want to build a Mosque, Synagogue, Temple or anything else, then that's fine, as long as they don't expect the tax-payer to fund it.

Also, Muslim history should be taught in schools, along with the history of all the other major religions. They have all played a fundamental part in the history of the human race, including causing many wars and the deaths of millions of people.

However, I'm totally opposed to "Faith Schools". These are a barrier to integration and understanding and should be abolished. Religion should be studied in schools, but should not be forced upon the pupils.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    Some unbelievable opinions on this thread! How can someone say that "Muslims have never contributed anything to human civilisation? How about windmills, parachutes and coffee? And it's just absurd to say that Mosques shouldn't be allowed to be built in this country. People should be free to peacefully practice whichever religion they choose and if they want to build a Mosque, Synagogue, Temple or anything else, then that's fine, as long as they don't expect the tax-payer to fund it.

Also, Muslim history should be taught in schools, along with the history of all the other major religions. They have all played a fundamental part in the history of the human race, including causing many wars and the deaths of millions of people.

However, I'm totally opposed to "Faith Schools". These are a barrier to integration and understanding and should be abolished. Religion should be studied in schools, but should not be forced upon the pupils.
    No one said "Muslims have never contributed anything to human civilisation? on here,that was from the link,Have you not seen the documentaries on what goes on in some of these Mosques? Twas Where the London bombers hatched their plans and child abuse occured.
    Maybe if they encouraged people to in and observe it might be more acceptable?

i think what we all ought to consider is that not all muslims of all muslim races are the same,

its like one bad apple doesnt mean the rest are bad

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i think what we all ought to consider is that not all muslims of all muslim races are the same,

Yes of course that's true,but the drip drip as Graham mentioned is also true

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

I agree imagine but the way these mosques hide terrorists is unthinkable. You should visit birmingham and see what its like for yourself.

Banned
    I agree imagine but the way these mosques hide terrorists is unthinkable. You should visit birmingham and see what its like for yourself.
    If you don't want to go to B'ham watch this

Trusted Member
    Let's get real here.

A community of people from a culture totally alien to our own has set up shop in our country.

They don't like us. They want nothing to do with us or the CHRISTIAN and Jewish faiths, which have been established and accepted in this country for hundreds of years.

Just try testing out their peaceful ways and tolerance. I dare you.

It's a one way street.

WE are the RECEIVERS.

We are expected to tolerate and keep our mouths shut about their despicable religion, their despicable 'justice' system, their despicable brain-washing, abuse, both mental and physical of their women and children, and their support of terrorism, both here and in other parts of the world...encouraged by them being permitted to import their own 'Mullahs' (some of whom can't even speak English) to perpetuate the medieval religious nonsense that rules their lives.

I'm tired of listening to all this mumbo jumbo religious .

It's an insult to human intelligence !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    And it's just absurd to say that Mosques shouldn't be allowed to be built in this country. People should be free to peacefully practice whichever religion they choose and if they want to build a Mosque, Synagogue, Temple or anything else, then that's fine, as long as they don't expect the tax-payer to fund it.
    Not peacefully practising religion here

Good post Ded you want to see there on a friday. Worshipers parked on double yellows and not 1 parking ticket.

Banned
    Good post Ded you want to see there on a friday. Worshipers parked on double yellows and not 1 parking ticket.
    Try doing that outside a Christian funeral service and the wardens would be having a field day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information