Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Let's get real here.

A community of people from a culture totally alien to our own has set up shop in our country.

They don't like us. They want nothing to do with us or the CHRISTIAN and Jewish faiths, which have been established and accepted in this country for hundreds of years.

Just try testing out their peaceful ways and tolerance. I dare you.

It's a one way street.

WE are the RECEIVERS.

We are expected to tolerate and keep our mouths shut about their despicable religion, their despicable 'justice' system, their despicable brain-washing, abuse, both mental and physical of their women and children, and their support of terrorism, both here and in other parts of the world...encouraged by them being permitted to import their own 'Mullahs' (some of whom can't even speak English) to perpetuate the medieval religious nonsense that rules their lives.

I'm tired of listening to all this mumbo jumbo religious .

It's an insult to human intelligence !
    Well said Sir, I couldn't have put it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Try doing that outside a Christian funeral service and the wardens would be having a field day
    Do you remember that parking officer (young woman about 23) who ticketed lots of cars in a town centre,the owners had been attending rememberence Sunday!
    When confronted she said she heard some music and did not know what it was for

Respected Member
    Let's get real here.

A community of people from a culture totally alien to our own has set up shop in our country.

They don't like us. They want nothing to do with us or the CHRISTIAN and Jewish faiths, which have been established and accepted in this country for hundreds of years.

It's a one way street.

WE are the RECEIVERS.

We are expected to tolerate and keep our mouths shut about their despicable religion, their despicable 'justice' system, their despicable brain-washing, abuse, both mental and physical of their women and children, and their support of terrorism, both here and in other parts of the world...encouraged by them being permitted to import their own 'Mullahs' (some of whom can't even speak English) to perpetuate the medieval religious nonsense that rules their lives.

Not all Muslims are the fanatical idiots to which your refer. I've got friends who were brought up as Muslims but are moderate, tolerant and just as outraged by the fundamentalists as you or I.

Fundamentalists of any religion are dangerous and despicable, whether it's the "god hates fags" Christians in America, Sikh separatists in South Asia or the Islamic Jihadists.

Religion should not be practiced in schools and the state should be Secular. People should be free to PEACEFULLY observe any religion they choose. If any of their practices are homophobic, racist, abusive, demeaning to women or anyone else, violent, subversive, supportive of terrorism, criminal, etc. then they should be prosecuted and punished with the full force of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    Not all Muslims are the fanatical idiots to which your refer. I've got friends who were brought up as Muslims but are moderate, tolerant and just as outraged by the fundamentalists as you or I.

Fundamentalists of any religion are dangerous and despicable, whether it's the "god hates fags" Christians in America, Sikh separatists in South Asia or the Islamic Jihadists.

Religion should not be practiced in schools and the state should be Secular. People should be free to PEACEFULLY observe any religion they choose. If any of their practices are homophobic, racist, abusive, demeaning to women or anyone else, violent, subversive, supportive of terrorism, criminal, etc. then they should be prosecuted and punished with the full force of the law.
    You never seem to read stories about Moderates turning Extremists over to the police though.

religion and politics , both are explosive subjects, turns debate to argument , friends into enemies, followed by hate and war,

they say what goes around comes around, look to history and all the wars and killings, slavery and enforced christianity onto others in this world all in the name of god , maybe the western world is receiving payback

im not sure about adding muslim history in general to the school syllabus but some more information on other cultures and other historic events can only benefit any student about the world we live in.

And i have never had a bad experience with muslims, seems the majority here have. My best friend growing up father was a devoted muslim, and he was a really nice guy never pushed his two sons into religion, he let them decide. Also the fathers muslim friends were nice and always good to those around them, even me a non muslim *shock horror*.

Im surprised a site for mainly mixed race couples has such strong opinions on the subject
    and yes i agree imagine. religion can bring the best out of people, and also the worst.

i also agree with what jamesey has said

Trusted Member
    Why should people in 'mixed race' couples not have strong opinions ?

We don't have to turn into pc handwringers, feeling obliged to turn a blind eye to some of the nonsense that goes on in this world, just because we chose to marry someone from another country.

Hopefully it shows that I'm not a total bigot, but rather someone who thinks through his arguments and directs his criticism to specific targets....instead of some sheep-like person who simply aquiesces to ' approved opinion'.

I'm NOT suggesting that ALL, or even a large number of muslims are nasty people or terrorists. That would be ridiculous, and I have certainly NOT stated that in any of my posts on this board.

I have worked closely with lots of muslims in the past (male), and my local corner shop is muslim-owned. They are perfectly polite towards me, but I know I would not be permitted in their church, or be allowed to date one of their women.

What I do not like is a minority culture demanding unreasonable privileges as compared to the majority HOST population.

Let's get real here.

It's a one way street.

WE are the RECEIVERS.

Excellent post Graham a rep is well deserved

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Trusted Member

Actually, the history and understanding of other religions has for a long time been included in Religious Education lessons in many schools...including the one my kids attended.

I think the onus should be on getting kids to pan out a career for themselves instead of teaching them menial stuff which isn't going to benefit 99% of them in the future.

As for the mosques, they shouldn't be built here. How would they like it if we went over to Islamabad and opened up an off-licence.

Trusted Member
    Ah, but that's different mate.

Like I said...it's a one-way street.

Ah, but that's different mate.

Like I said...it's a one-way street.
    Too true!

take a bow graham

Respected Member
    I work and live in an Islamic country, where Christianity is welcomed, mosques are open for westerners to visit and take photos, and alcohol is available to those who wish to have it.

Islam is heavily misunderstood, because of the fundementalism, which seems to stem from the poorer countries such as Pakistan who blindly follow leaders who misinterpret the religion for their own political gain.
    I do think that as part of religious education, students should have a good understanding of Islam, understanding the different denominations such as Sunni, Shia and Ibadi, as well as knowing how the true islam should be interpreted, in that islam promotes individual thinking and peace. But equally they should also be teaching the history of other religions, and it should be mandatory in all schools, including faith schools, that all religions are taught properly.
    It's clear reading this thread, that so many people, have so many comments and opinions on a religion that they don't know anything about. So that should be addressed.

Immigration has changed the UK beyond recognition, and that WILL continue, its irreversable, but the UK should still focus on trying to maintain it's values which attracted people there in the first place.

One thing that I do think they have failed on massively in schools is practical life skills though; students should be taught about taxes, finances, bills, practical living, healthy lifestyles, in addition they should all be taught CPR and AED use prior to leaving school, basic first aid and finally an understanding of medicines and drugs, and the real dangers involved.

Banned
    Why should people in 'mixed race' couples not have strong opinions ?

We don't have to turn into pc handwringers, feeling obliged to turn a blind eye to some of the nonsense that goes on in this world, just because we chose to marry someone from another country.
    Hopefully it shows that I'm not a total bigot, but rather someone who thinks through his arguments and directs his criticism to specific targets....instead of some sheep-like person who simply aquiesces to '
    approved opinion'.
    Exactly - I've seen these sort of sentiments here before sometimes with the undercurrent of criticism of immigration and multiculturalism = racism

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    I work and live in an Islamic country, where Christianity is welcomed, mosques are open for westerners to visit and take photos, and alcohol is available to those who wish to have it.

Islam is heavily misunderstood, because of the fundementalism, which seems to stem from the poorer countries such as Pakistan who blindly follow leaders who misinterpret the religion for their own political gain.
    I do think that as part of religious education, students should have a good understanding of Islam, understanding the different denominations such as Sunni, Shia and Ibadi, as well as knowing how the true islam should be interpreted, in that islam promotes individual thinking and peace. But equally they should also be teaching the history of other religions, and it should be mandatory in all schools, including faith schools, that all religions are taught properly.
    It's clear reading this thread, that so many people, have so many comments and opinions on a religion that they don't know anything about. So that should be addressed.

Immigration has changed the UK beyond recognition, and that WILL continue, its irreversable, but the UK should still focus on trying to maintain it's values which attracted people there in the first place.

One thing that I do think they have failed on massively in schools is practical life skills though; students should be taught about taxes, finances, bills, practical living, healthy lifestyles, in addition they should all be taught CPR and AED use prior to leaving school, basic first aid and finally an understanding of medicines and drugs, and the real dangers involved.
    With respect Ricky, I was living in an Islamic country before you were born, and for you to declare that contributors to this thread 'don't know anything about' the subject is arrogant nonsense. How do you know what experience and knowledge others have ?

Of course their are variations in lifestyle across the different Islamic nations. One would have to be ignorant or blind not to realise that.

Just because a prison has a group of 'trustees' doesn't make it a safe environment, and in any case the thread is concerned with the goings on in THIS country, not a MUSLIM country where YOU are the guest.

Appeasement is not something that I'm willing to accept, in my own country.

Appeasement is not something that I'm willing to accept, in my own country.
    I dont see what choice you have in this democratic country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information