Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Balikbayan boxes

WE plan to send balikbayan boxes to philippines.i have a friend she just send her box by alsomavic cargo ltd.im not sure if the company is reliable?

Hello there,we sent ours by forex.So far no problem...

All these new carriers, not heard of the second one, not sure of the first. ....... from my and others experiences on here, we find LBC reliable and trustworthy. I have sent many boxes and never any problems.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by jennyludo View Post
    WE plan to send balikbayan boxes to philippines.i have a friend she just send her box by alsomavic cargo ltd.im not sure if the company is reliable?
    Hi jenny! I just send my balikbayan box last wednesday i used LBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    All these new carriers, not heard of the second one, not sure of the first. ....... from my and others experiences on here, we find LBC reliable and trustworthy. I have sent many boxes and never any problems.
    We've used Forex and LBC only in recent times.

LBC however, still only operate a very limited service in many areas/regions

I would advise to use a known reliable reputable company.
    If the area where you live has very limited choice do some research and seek feedback.

It's a very popular and easy business to set-up and has an advantage of in-built lengthy periods where
    excuses are accepted by the sender(s). Perfect for those who want to put your money and and your goods in their pockets.

In my opinion it's a despicable act to cheat on people in this way.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi! I'm new here, just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago while I was researching for livelihood/life/etc. in the Philippines and foreign citizens living there.

Well, that's it for introduction, might do one on the suitable thread. Back to topic, so it seems LBC is the most trusted courier.

Just curious, does it really happen that some couriers take stuff from the boxes or boxes get stuck at customs for unknown reasons? What do they normally take?

I'm scared they might take some of my electronics/books/tools. Can the customs charge me with those stuff? I've to their website and info seems vague, and no specific tariff rate.

If someone can answer those, that'll be great. Thanks in advance!
    Oh BTW, I'm going for good so I'm kind of sending a couple of boxes. Looking at the prices makes me dizzy.

Sending boxes is quite safe 'if' you use a decent registered company. Never have I had a box interfered with, opened or things stolen or any custom problems. Yes, there have been horror stories and maybe you have read about them, but use a trusted shipper.. end of. I too packed up and left for good, but no problems.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyludo View Post
    Hi Jenny, Alsomavic operates around Cricklewood or NW area and have used them. Took 2 mos. for my box to get to South Cotabato, Mindanao. Took a month for my aunt's box to reach Manila and Iloilo. I just don't like this guy's business practices, he will tell you the boxes were sent just to shut you off. Then, come one month or two, you call him to confirm he would not pick up sometimes his wife answers, and doesn't have any idea. Numbers on their website seems outdated. My dad called their ,supposedly, office in Philippines and the guy told him they don't do business with them anymore. So, who wouldn't panic after hearing that?

Items arrived so we're cool, definitely not doing business with them anymore. So if you're cool with that, then go for it. Right now I'm considering using LBC for my slightly precious items and huge box (1 Jumbo + 1 Junior = 11.46 cubic feet for 90GBP), and Forex seems to offer a good deal with their 3 Medium boxes(13.5 cubic feet) for 99GBP.

One last thing, I don't know if this is the same Forex Cargo but worth a read.
    http://www.interaksyon.com/business/...likbayan-boxes

I have sent 40 boxes via LBC without any problems, other carriers found unreliable as they did not arrive to collect.
    Also LBC HAS TRACKING AND WILL OFFER TO INSURE BOXES CONTAINING VALUABLES, hope this helps.

Thread Information