Hi everyone,

My name is Julian, and am happy to join these forums today. I'm a young Canadian / Hungarian guy who previously worked in the Philippines for 2 years, during which point I fell in love with a lovely young lady named Gloria. Marunong din ako mag-Tagalog! I recently accepted a new job here in London though, before we were able to get married, due to money previously being tight. So here I sit now in London, in a nice new job, but without the woman I love, and nearly a year away from being able to return on my holiday time! Every time we get separated like this, it gets more and more difficult and I really hate how onerous and stressful the immigration process is for legitimately married couples! (though I'm lucky that I'm not trying to bring her to my home country of Canada right now, as it is even worse!!) - Nevertheless, that is what brings me here, to begin my careful planning for the various things that need to happen to allow her to join me here in the UK: marriage, getting her passport and other documents, sponsoring her on an EEA family permit, and, when she arrives, helping her find a nearby Filipino community for emotional, culinary and career support!

I look forward to meeting you all and reading through all the relevant existing posts on the forum, plus hopefully posing some questions of my own.

Salamat!

J & G